House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
UNSHURE

Sold But Still For Sale

I was interested in a house that I saw for sale on an Estate Agents Website. I went and had a look around the area and the house seems to be a decent buy. A few days later, the 'For Sale' sign came down. However, the house remained For Sale on the agents website.

Still for sale a few weeks later, I rang the Estate Agents who informed me that it had been sold (no sold sign ourside though). They then asked if I had a house to sell to which I replied no. They then asked for my contact details. Two weeks later, the house is still for sale on the agents website.

Does this seem like some sort of trick that the state Agent is trying to pull or will it just be a case of them not bothering to update their website?

It could be for a number of reasons, but usually it is because they have a buyer who they feel is a little bit iffy and they are stacking up a list of other applicants incase anything goes wrong.

Most agents do this to harvest contact details. My parents house was on Rightmove for 5months after they had moved out!

If I had bought the house I was request it to be moved.