House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
lizzard

Heben Bridge

Started keeping an eye on Hebden Bridge 2 months ago (about the same time I started reading this website).

There's been very little new on the market at FTB level, but also not much being sold. Unless EAs are leaving Sold signs off to keep something in the shop window. This just went down from 99k to 95k.

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property/7934876

Started keeping an eye on Hebden Bridge 2 months ago (about the same time I started reading this website).

There's been very little new on the market at FTB level, but also not much being sold. Unless EAs are leaving Sold signs off to keep something in the shop window.  This just went down from 99k to 95k.

I am astounded at the price for that property, I know Cragg Vale well and although it is a beautiful area that house is a little hovel! I would have thought 5 years ago it would have sold for less than £40,000. There aren't many FTB's who would be on a salary of £25,000 in that area in order to afford it. I am stunned!

Have a close look in the window of Anthony J Turner, you'll see on quite a few of the properties that they've stuck sticker's over existing prices that have been reduced. If you look close enough you can see the original prices !!!

Also, not wanting to put HB down, but it's very lively in the Summer months, but as Winter comes it gets very dark and very quiet... and that's not a good time to be selling your house... and if someone needs to sell then they have to put their price down, and if they put their price down, other houses in the immediate area will have to put their prices down...

And if the factory closes on the hill, and, and, and..... IMHO, Next summer I think you'll be pleasantly surprised at how much prices have come down !!!

There are rumours that the factory on the Hill - Calrec is going to go bust, and as one of the main employers in the area, it is likely that prices are going to crash

I don't think Calrec closing will make much difference. I thought most people buying in HB were incommers living various forms of 'alternative lifestyles'. Must admit I like HB but there's no way I could afford to live there.

I am astounded at the price for that property, I know Cragg Vale well and although it is a beautiful area that house is a little hovel! I would have thought 5 years ago it would have sold for less than £40,000. There aren't many FTB's who would be on a salary of £25,000 in that area in order to afford it. I am stunned!

We viewed it. The most depressing place I've ever been inside. EA had a fair bit to say about 'potential', while also disclosing the fact that the 'off-street parking' didn't actually belong to the house. We'll probably end up buying sooner rather than later - circumstances don't allow for my preferred option of making speculative offers for a year - but not this one!

We viewed it. The most depressing place I've ever been inside. EA had a fair bit to say about 'potential', while also disclosing the fact that the 'off-street parking' didn't actually belong to the house. We'll probably end up buying sooner rather than later - circumstances don't allow for my preferred option of making speculative offers for a year - but not this one!

Good luck to you, I love it there. If you have little children or are planning on having any my little boy used to go to "The Ark" nursery there, it was an amazing little place for kids and we have never found anywhere like it (down south) again.