House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

the_duke_of_hazzard

Yet Another Global Warming Thread

It just goes to show that those who state that man made global warming, or global warming catastrophe from increased CO2 in the atmosphere, have a completely ignorant and simplistic view of nature. Anyone who has any appreciation of nature and the environment knows that there are so many things that affect our world and that there are often offsetting effects from certain anomalies. Bee population, rabbit population, polar bear polulation... these are largely self regulating. To simply equate increased CO2 in the atmosphere with a guaranteed supposed increase in global temperatures is retarded to the extreme. Is it possible? Sure, anything is. Is it probable? No... I'll side on planet earth sorting anything, if at all, out. I certainly wouldn't side on humans controlling the planet...

Interesting ! I quite like reading "TheRegister", almost as cynical as I am! :huh:

It just goes to show that those who state that man made global warming, or global warming catastrophe from increased CO2 in the atmosphere, have a completely ignorant and simplistic view of nature. Anyone who has any appreciation of nature and the environment knows that there are so many things that affect our world and that there are often offsetting effects from certain anomalies. Bee population, rabbit population, polar bear polulation... these are largely self regulating. To simply equate increased CO2 in the atmosphere with a guaranteed supposed increase in global temperatures is retarded to the extreme. Is it possible? Sure, anything is. Is it probable? No... I'll side on planet earth sorting anything, if at all, out. I certainly wouldn't side on humans controlling the planet...

:lol::lol::lol:

So now models by scientists are good!!

:lol::lol::lol:

So now models by scientists are good!!

Putting your hasty generalisation to one side for a minute (all models? all scientists?), this trivially shows that you can get pretty much any answer you want to get out of climate models.

This model is no exception. Depending on how you arrange the feedbacks, you can get pretty much anything you want to at the output. Model results tell us more about the bias of the person running the model than they do about the earth's climate system. Sceptics are no more likely to believe this one as they would be to believe any other. But this one shows that hellfire and brimstone (the usual "correct" model answer) is not the only possibility.

As noted on many threads, I suspect the stochastic models being produced by the Itia group at Athens technical university are the only credible ones at our present state of knowledge, but those models do not generate deterministic predictions.

Actually, the more you stray from the most simple explanation and models the more explaining you've got to do. So the basic global warming starting point (more CO2 == warmer) is perfectly valid. If it's not happening then you need to explain why IMO. So, is it probable? Would be at some point, no idea if we've done enough to make a noticeable difference to anything. Is it happening? Not sure. Is it possible that there are other mechanisms and feedbacks at play that negate the effects? Yes. Is it probable that there are? I have no way of telling, and neither does anyone else as far as I can tell. But what is stupid is to try to dismiss the simple starting point. It's also dangerous, being a "I can do anything I like and things will sort themselves out" attitude, which I often suspect stems from not wanting to bother changing anything rather than any evidence and theory basis.

Take another example - take something poisonous and if you don't take too much it might not have any effect. That does not mean that the very concept that substance X is poisonous is a load of rubbish, or that nothing will happen if you keep on taking it for long enough. And the body has mechanisms as a result of evolution for dealing with poisons. There's no such evolution of mechanisms for dealing with things for the Earth.

I can respect someone who posts a reasonable model of why what we're doing isn't making any difference after all. I can't respect anyone who treats it as an article of faith.

The problem is the vested interests cried wolf, not once, not twice but 1000s of times.

Now all of a sudden they expect us to believe them....

Now if we took them out put them against the wall and knee capped them (northern Ireland style with a hammer and screw driver) and rehired the entire organisation.

THEN I might have some faith in such science... But until this happens excuse me for having a salt mine on hand.

The problem is the vested interests cried wolf, not once, not twice but 1000s of times.

Now all of a sudden they expect us to believe them....

Now if we took them out put them against the wall and knee capped them (northern Ireland style with a hammer and screw driver) and rehired the entire organisation.

THEN I might have some faith in such science... But until this happens excuse me for having a salt mine on hand.

That one is often mentioned, but there seem to be a lot more vested interests in the world, with a lot more money, in it hoping that nothing is happening rather than the reverse. Also, just having a vested interest doesn't make your interest wrong. It saddens me that people make up their mind on such things based on how other people react to them, rather than trying to look at what's really going on. Dismissal of a theory as a reaction against the people supporting it is not intelligent. Truth as well as nonsense can attract cranks who'll make it look ridiculous. You should always try too look through the people, and try to avoid biasing your opinion towards the outcome you'd prefer to be true.

That one is often mentioned, but there seem to be a lot more vested interests in the world, with a lot more money, in it hoping that nothing is happening rather than the reverse. Also, just having a vested interest doesn't make your interest wrong. It saddens me that people make up their mind on such things based on how other people react to them, rather than trying to look at what's really going on. Dismissal of a theory as a reaction against the people supporting it is not intelligent. Truth as well as nonsense can attract cranks who'll make it look ridiculous. You should always try too look through the people, and try to avoid biasing your opinion towards the outcome you'd prefer to be true.

True, the problem is all these magical solutions involve extracting more money out of me for very very little return. I already have lots of money extracted from me for very little return these days. Why would I want more without real solutions?

Real solutions are like China, Guanzhao for instance there are currently 8 nuclear reactors under construction. two came online at Dalya bay which means HK is 70% nuclear powered. Once Ling Ao comes online in 2013 this % will increase. Dalya bay is building more reactors.

While in the UK solutions are just more and more and more and more taxes which go into the pockets of the government and their puppet masters.

True, the problem is all these magical solutions involve extracting more money out of me for very very little return. I already have lots of money extracted from me for very little return these days. Why would I want more without real solutions?

Real solutions are like China, Guanzhao for instance there are currently 8 nuclear reactors under construction. two came online at Dalya bay which means HK is 70% nuclear powered. Once Ling Ao comes online in 2013 this % will increase. Dalya bay is building more reactors.

While in the UK solutions are just more and more and more and more taxes which go into the pockets of the government and their puppet masters.

Yes. There's a world of difference between what's going on and what governments like to claim is going on under the guise of taxing you more. Sometimes they may be saying something truthful as the excuse for a tax that won't be used to do anything real towards the problem, but that's mere coincidence when it happens. FWIW I think in a lot of cases it's the vote their ultimately after, not the tax; by getting the tax it's a means to an end, so they can say "Look, we're doing something! Vote for us again!".

Masonic puppetry - is what they are taught to practice!

All threads are run by them.

CC (the horseshoes) 33 (degrees)

Carbon Credits, Climate Change, Copenhagen Conference, etc

All proxy-symbology for their wickedness

Even GW is the 'G' of the Masonic symbol plus 'M' upside down, whilst some degree levels carry out the oCCult wiccary!

Came-RON + Cle-GG (in Charge)

It is Not a Co-'incidence'!

I'm worried about mr CCC now! :huh:

A plot of the red haired Jocks?

I'm worried about mr CCC now! :huh:

A plot of the red haired Jocks?

Jock is John - so wot are referring to?

Master Masons = MM

Immigration - Not so immaculate either!

Don't worry Pin you're 'clocked' - you little nip-per (and your puppetry Ma-scot) :P

Jock is John - so wot are referring to?

Master Masons = MM

Immigration - Not so immaculate either!

Don't worry Pin you're 'clocked' - you little nip-per (and your puppetry Ma-scot) :P

You can come to my lodge for a nice cup of tea! :P

I do find you very amusing Mr.E!

You do make me think! :huh:

You can come to my lodge for a nice cup of tea! :P

I do find you very amusing Mr.E!

You do make me think! :huh:

I'm beginning to think the Mr E is a masonic plant.