House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
GoingforGold

1oz Gold Bars!

Just had a long conversation with Baird & Co. and the Guy gave me some lessons on Gold which I am sure you are all aware of.

He said that I should go for the 1oz Gold bars because they have the cheapest premiums than say other coins i.e Nuggets, Britannia, etc.

He said that it is £14 the premium cost for the 1oz Gold bars and when it comes to selling them back they will offer me only the spot price. He said as the spot price goes up the more the profits.

They still want an ID for purchases above 5K and only a name and address for anything below that.

Any charts for spot price say since 9-11??? Thanks :D

Just had a long conversation with Baird & Co. and the Guy gave me some lessons on Gold which I am sure you are all aware of.

He said that I should go for the 1oz Gold bars because they have the cheapest premiums than say other coins i.e Nuggets, Britannia, etc.

He said that it is £14 the premium cost for the 1oz Gold bars and when it comes to selling them back they will offer me only the spot price. He said as the spot price goes up the more the profits.

They still want an ID for purchases above 5K and only a name and address for anything below that.

Any charts for spot price say since 9-11??? Thanks :D

Didn't he tell you that he will take back sovereigns or britannias for more than spot? What matters is the premium differential.

Premium over gold is imporant, but so is resale potential. Coins like Britanias (and Krugers to a lesser extent) are more pleasing to own, and will sell more readily than anonymous bullion bars. Take a look at eBay completed auctions - you can easily sell at 1oz coin for ~£265 today - as the market is wider - collectors, investors, etc.

There's a useful guide from Chards at:

http://www.taxfreegold.co.uk/investmentadvice.html

Fingers