House Price Crash Forum
Realistbear

Brown: Euro Faces A Day Of Reckoning--Soon

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-11953413

Former British Prime Minister Gordon Brown has told the BBC he fears the euro will face a "high noon" moment of reckoning early in the New Year.
"I sense that in the first few months of 2011 we [will] have a major crisis in the euro area," he told the BBC's business editor, Robert Peston.
He said the euro's problems were bigger than just its governments' debts.

I find myself listening to this man more these days. After all, we are outperforming every other nation in the Western world and still have an intact house market--much to my disgust.

If you find yourself listening more to Gordon Brown you should seriously consider having your head examined. The man is the most sleekit financial traitor of his generation in the UK.

He sold our gold for magic beans- he destroyed the pensions of many by his taxation policies-- he destroyed the hopes of a generation to own a home by actively feeding a boom and bust--I could go on all night.

Wicked yes--but look how we have escaped the meltdowns everywhere else! Cheap houses galore in the US, Spain, Ireland, Portugal, France.... We still have the most expensive houses on the planet earnings related. Not saying that is good only that it is something Gordon pulled off. Evil genius?

err, we already have a major crisis in the euro area

does he predict it will go dark soon when the big fireball thing is dropping to the horizon too?

We have temporarily escaped the meltdown -- it is coming down the tracks. Houses have dropped 40% already in NI and there are cheap houses a plenty -- nothing to do with Brown or his policies more to do with sentiment and people stopping buying when they realised that house prices go down as well as up

The highlighted bit is my point. Down a lot everywhere except here (mainland UK--NI is more like ROI IMO).

Edited by Realistbear

Wicked yes--but look how we have escaped the meltdowns everywhere else! Cheap houses galore in the US, Spain, Ireland, Portugal, France.... We still have the most expensive houses on the planet earnings related. Not saying that is good only that it is something Gordon pulled off. Evil genius?

No - we've just kicked the can down the road a bit. It has to return to normality eventually, and there's a fair chance that all the intervention has made things worse. If lending is at 2000, ie sane, levels, there are two choices, either transactions stay ludicrously low, or prices come down to match. There is always someone who has to sell, sometimes for whatever they can get.

I always wanted to be in a position where I had pots of money and a house in a posh area that I could just sell for peanuts to some lucky so and so. It would be great to watch the fallout-say an apartment in Mayfair. You could even "arrange" a sale and buy the sucker back when the dust had settled. If it was a private contract WTF would know? If you had enough dough you could even come in later and pick the bones of some of the others who would be forced to sell. He he he he. Would the boot then be on the other foot so to speak? You could even do it from a Robin Hood perspective. I reckon it would be a nobel gesture.

Former British Prime Minister Gordon Brown has told the BBC he fears the euro will face a "high noon" moment of reckoning early in the New Year.
"I sense that in the first few months of 2011 we [will] have a major crisis in the euro area," he told the BBC's business editor, Robert Peston.

I find myself listening to this man more these days. After all, we are outperforming every other nation in the Western world and still have an intact house market--much to my disgust.

Even I find it difficult to listen to him. :)

A dead man walking - the new management in the Labour Party are distancing themselves from him. Realist Bear you could have my job as a spin doctor if you believe his ramblings. :)

Cheap houses galore in France.... We still have the most expensive houses on the planet earnings related.

********, France has very high house prices and higher than the UK in relation to earnings... check the Economist.com data if you wish.

marvellous hindsight isn't it?

This utter **** of a man was chancellor how long? this disgraceful criminal leader for how long?

And yet no word of his apparent intellect on the Euro, it's was his government that signed away much of our sovereignty.

I suppose the ******ing retard will predict ice this winter?

LOL, talk about going out on a limb.

I salute your Chutzpah RB!

Feck me, your bear/bull emotional state changes position quicker than a whore's knickers RB.

Get a frigging grip man.

...he is stating the obvious which all simpletons do....he created the FSA reporting direct to him ...they supervised the Banks ....the man should be tried for treason...... :rolleyes:

He's very busy at the minute trying to ensure his history is written how he wants it to be.

The man is a marvel at self delusion.

RB or GB ?

Guest UK Debt Slave

allbrown.jpg

UK house prices have continued to crash in relation to the world's oldest currency, now at 184 troy ounces.

UK_House_Prices_in_Gold.png

After all, we are outperforming every other nation in the Western world and still have an intact house market--much to my disgust.

Sarcasm, I presume. After all, according to World Bank figures, every single one of the 11 founding members of the Eurozone has achieved stronger growth than the U.K. in terms of nominal GDP since 1998, the year preceding the introduction of the euro.

Guest spp

UK house prices have continued to crash in relation to the world's oldest currency, now at 184 troy ounces.

You nasty man! How is RB going to sleep tonight after seeing that?

I make that top right around about the time GB sold off half the U.K's Gold :angry:

Right now the euro is getting a good kicking...who's next!

Is RB GB :unsure:

With Brown, you always have to look for the politics, not the wisdom. What he said was the bleeding obvious ie. its about deficits, bank debts and rigidity.

I think he's after a top job, maybe head of IMF. I'll blame you if it happens, RB!

Guest spp

...you mean RN...he doesn't seem to know if he's Arthur or Martha right now..... :rolleyes:

:lol:

I think he's after a top job, maybe head of IMF. I'll blame you if it happens, RB!

"A Global problem", "A New World order"

The blood boils! :angry:

He is not even fit to work in MFI. Heaven help us all if he ever gets any power again.

I doubt he will get anything. Obama appears, from the wikileaks, not to like him and Cameron ain't going to be recommending him for anything.

Amazed he has not been offered something VERY lucrative in a bank yet.

I doubt he will get anything. Obama appears, from the wikileaks, not to like him and Cameron ain't going to be recommending him for anything.

Amazed he has not been offered something VERY lucrative in a bank yet.

Well all that makes sense, but that was GB in pitching mode. Be very afraid!