House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Gigantic Purple Slug

Worst Christmas Present

Don't think it was for Christmas but my ex-husband bought me a bag of flour one year and a cauliflower another. (instead of flowers)

He doesn't buy his son anything at Christmas.

A P45. :lol:

I got one of those on my 30th birthday! Made my day! :blink:

My dad got a rubber doorstop from a great aunt about twenty years ago (it wasn't a joke either)...

1bb97d70-cdc5-4800-9b01-fe26bf09d601_300.jpg

They are very very useful.

I got a jumper from my gran a few years ago. It looked like a british army jumper with the elbow and shoulder pads except it was battleship grey. It also had a zip pocket in the left shoulder pad and went in the bin by the shops at the end of her road.

I got a jumper from my gran a few years ago. It looked like a british army jumper with the elbow and shoulder pads except it was battleship grey. It also had a zip pocket in the left shoulder pad and went in the bin by the shops at the end of her road.

Heartless! You should have kept it to wear when you visited her!

A nasal hair trimmer from my wife. When I complained she pointed out that I had bought her a blow torch the previous year.

The worst ever present came from my mother-in-law though. When pressed I had said that I would like the new CD by the Happy Mondays (this was 1992). On Christmas morning I had to look delighted when I unwrapped the soundtrack for "Happy Days".

Should have gone to the charity shop for them to get rid of.

At least I used the flour and cauli! :)

Should have gone to the charity shop for them to get rid of.

waste of petrol, besides which I have no time for charity shops or charities that have them.

Mr W&S received a selection (?) pack of fuses for cars from his dad a couple of years ago...

Nowadays I can't imagine there are that many people about that would know what to do if a fuse went in a car, or how to determine which fuse it was that had gone....

I once got a box that, upon opening, seemed to be full of newspaper, but below that were a lot of bottles of beer, so it was OK in the end. I don't think I've ever had a really "What the hell?" type of present, apart from a couple that were clearly jokes, and there was a non-joke one as well.

I once got a box that, upon opening, seemed to be full of newspaper, but below that were a lot of bottles of beer, so it was OK in the end. I don't think I've ever had a really "What the hell?" type of present, apart from a couple that were clearly jokes, and there was a non-joke one as well.

How dare you mention that present on this thread. Scandalous !! I don't care if it was ok in the end :D