House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Pole

Cnn: Homeland Security Teams Up With Walmart For Safety

Things are getting serious in the US. The nation will be reminded at checkouts to stay fearful and scared.

CNN: Homeland Security teams up with Walmart for safety

December 6, 2010 -- Updated 2039 GMT (0439 HKT)

Participating Walmart stores will play a short video directed at shoppers, the DHS said.

(CNN) -- Walmart will join the Department of Homeland Security in a program called "If You See Something, Say Something" which encourages the American public to take an active role in ensuring the safety and security of the nation, DHS said Monday.

"Homeland security starts with hometown security, and each of us plays a critical role in keeping our country and communities safe," Secretary Janet Napolitano said as she thanked Walmart and the more than 320 stores who joined the national campaign Monday.

Participating stores, eventually including 588 from 27 states, will play a short video message at select checkout locations to remind shoppers to contact local law enforcement to report suspicious activity, said a DHS statement.

"This partnership will help millions of shoppers across the nation identify and report indicators of terrorism, crime and other threats to law enforcement authorities," Napolitano said.

The "If You See Something, Say Something" campaign was originally implemented by New York City's Metropolitan Transportation Authority as a simple and effective program that engages the public and key front-line employees to report indicators of terrorism, crime and other threats to authorities, according to the DHS statement.

The program has already partnered with the Mall of America, the American Hotel & Lodging Association, Amtrak, the Washington Metropolitan Area Transit Authority, sports and general aviation industries, and other organizations across the country, DHS said.

Things are getting serious in the US. The nation will be reminded at checkouts to stay fearful and scared.

Participating Walmart stores will play a short video directed at shoppers, the DHS said.

(CNN) -- Walmart will join the Department of Homeland Security in a program called "If You See Something, Say Something" which encourages the American public to take an active role in ensuring the safety and security of the nation, DHS said Monday.

"Homeland security starts with hometown security, and each of us plays a critical role in keeping our country and communities safe," Secretary Janet Napolitano said as she thanked Walmart and the more than 320 stores who joined the national campaign Monday.

Participating stores, eventually including 588 from 27 states, will play a short video message at select checkout locations to remind shoppers to contact local law enforcement to report suspicious activity, said a DHS statement.

"This partnership will help millions of shoppers across the nation identify and report indicators of terrorism, crime and other threats to law enforcement authorities," Napolitano said.

The "If You See Something, Say Something" campaign was originally implemented by New York City's Metropolitan Transportation Authority as a simple and effective program that engages the public and key front-line employees to report indicators of terrorism, crime and other threats to authorities, according to the DHS statement.

The program has already partnered with the Mall of America, the American Hotel & Lodging Association, Amtrak, the Washington Metropolitan Area Transit Authority, sports and general aviation industries, and other organizations across the country, DHS said.

Yep

- just like the Mass experiment 'they' carried out on radio to see how gullible the 'regular' (great usa expression-not) zombies really are with the "Aliens have landed episode"

"Most famously, there was the Orson Welles radio broadcast of War of the Worlds in 1938

("M-ORK calling Orson" - piss taking 'dead poet' B-ard society!)

I think they are developing brand new wave of nazis in USA. "We are good and they want us dead..." I am not sure who's THEY yet....muslims maybe? nah...Obama is one of them. So maybe Jews? nah...we've had it already. I know, Chinese! It's their fault our life is a misery!

I think they are developing brand new wave of nazis in USA. "We are good and they want us dead..." I am not sure who's THEY yet....muslims maybe? nah...Obama is one of them. So maybe Jews? nah...we've had it already. I know, Chinese! It's their fault our life is a misery!

Are all the new computerised fighting games against North Koreans as "the baddies" in the shoot up games? I know Crysis is based on this!

Subtle, manipulative brainwashing?

Are all the new computerised fighting games against North Koreans as "the baddies" in the shoot up games? I know Crysis is based on this!

Subtle, manipulative brainwashing?

possible. North and South kick off sometime soon, then China would have to join at some point. It would be the biggest war our generation have seen so far and it would crash Chinese economy. This war would use the last known resources of oil and America could become a super power with their brand new energy source. Shit...:unsure:

why does this remind me so much of the boy who cried wolf?

the little boy(government) who thought it funny to go and scare the town will have nobody believe him when the REAL attack happens...and there will most certainly be one.

I suppose it could be called payback for spreading bullsh1t.