House Price Crash Forum
Lepista

The Ultimate Propertybee

Obviously, the features we see already, BUT

It would be great if it could include a history of all market activity of every property - not just when it's on Rightmove.

For example, if a property comes onto the market, but doesn't sell, the seller takes it off market, and then a year or so later puts it back on - this isn't tracked by anything that I'm aware of.

Also including when a property sells, how much for, etc.

Could it be done?

It would be great if it could include a history of all market activity of every property - not just when it's on Rightmove.

For example, if a property comes onto the market, but doesn't sell, the seller takes it off market, and then a year or so later puts it back on - this isn't tracked by anything that I'm aware of.

Could it be done?

Where the listing includes an exact address the plug-in should cross reference sale price history data. It should also work in reverse, so when looking at the latest sales on houseprices.co.uk for example, you can find out the asking price history. To enable both the above, uses with local knowledge should be able to supply the exact address for property listings without one. Sales pages should also reference any previous listings for the same property, again based on the address, or failing that I'm sure a hash of the main image would often do the trick.

Best of all just release all the data compiled so far and see what everyone else can do with it.

A comments section would be great.

"Dream on seller! - you bought this place for £80k in 2001 and you want £260k for it now? I'll grant you this...those twigs in vases are immaculately arranged, but not to the tune of £180k."

Also, something which shows remaining mortgage / any 2nd charge loans and approx equity would be awesome (but obviously not possible)

Edited by Reck B

A unique property reference so all houses can be matched with any info on rightmove/other ea sites and house sale data included so you can see when it sold and how much for.

Firstly PB needs to be implemented back on to the property description page itself. For me, currently, it only works in the search result listings.

It would be great if it was cross browser (i tend to use Chrome but have to revert to FF for rightmove as it is the only browser supported for Property Bee).

The ability to comment would be phenomenal. Imagine if you go see a property and can warn other users of potential issues or things you have discovered? Could be very dangerous for RM and EAs as they probably wouldn't wnat this information shared but got to be a good thing for potential buyers.

Be great if you were able to run queries on the property-bee data as well. For example. search for all property that has been reduced by £30k in the last month... or even has dropped it's price by more than 30% and been on the market for more than 3 months etc.

Might be good to have some sort of tagging system to search on keywords which would greatly extend the functionality of RM.

Finally - and I'll leave it here but I'm sure i could come up with more! - would be great if you could set up alerts through Property Bee to receive an email with properties that have reduced by a certain amount in your area, just come in to your price range etc.

I'm a web developer and would love to get involved in PB but have absolutely no experience of developing Firefox extensions....

~S~

Could it be done?

I've been thinking about this thread overnight and have got a bit carried away in my mind!

I've been thinking about a kind of TripAdvisor for property - not necessary a plugin or extension like Property Bee but rather a site of it's own where property for sale could be entered by the members and rated, commented on and details of them tracked.

It wouldn't necessarily take it's data from RM but rather be updated and kept up to date by it's members - therefore if i was to find out when and what a property last sold for, for example, i could add this to the property on this new tool making it available to everyone else. If i go to view the property I can add my own comments and concerns to the property, likewise if were to take any photographs i could upload these etc.

What are people's thoughts - would this actually be useful? Would you actually use it?

Realistically - Is it worth me spending the time building it ?

Interested in any thoughts.....

~S~

I've been thinking about this thread overnight and have got a bit carried away in my mind!

I've been thinking about a kind of TripAdvisor for property - not necessary a plugin or extension like Property Bee but rather a site of it's own where property for sale could be entered by the members and rated, commented on and details of them tracked.

It wouldn't necessarily take it's data from RM but rather be updated and kept up to date by it's members - therefore if i was to find out when and what a property last sold for, for example, i could add this to the property on this new tool making it available to everyone else. If i go to view the property I can add my own comments and concerns to the property, likewise if were to take any photographs i could upload these etc.

What are people's thoughts - would this actually be useful? Would you actually use it?

Realistically - Is it worth me spending the time building it ?

Interested in any thoughts.....

~S~

I have often thought a comments section on RM/PB would be great.

I think having a comment section would be great, although of course there will be those who abuse it.... so there needs to be a system to control that.

It would be good, as then those who have gone on viewings but decided not to pursue the property (due to offer on another, not suitable etc) can share their findings. Of course, this could be abused... someone who is really interested could post scary messages like it has subsidence or dry rot to discourage others from viewing it. But generally I think this could be quite a good feature.

I would like to see PB working again on the property detail pages again!

Be great if you were able to run queries on the property-bee data as well. For example. search for all property that has been reduced by £30k in the last month... or even has dropped it's price by more than 30% and been on the market for more than 3 months etc.

search on customisable price or percentage drops e.g. min £10k max £30k, min 10% max 20%

Search on "No chain"

Property details retained if the property switches agents

Property for sale could be linked to a grid reference in Google maps (long&lat) which makes it easy to use streetview then and can also double up as the unique ID, then everytime a property goes on and off the market it can still be traced.

In the case of flats or rooms in a single property add in something random like a GUID to help differentiate said properties.

Maybe hook in Googles location facilities to see the local stories in the area both current and past, that way you can see what the crime is like, or whether local hospitals are closing, new roads being built etc etc.

Hook in various other websites like upmystreet to give the user the best possible overview of the area, school results, hospital performance, clubs, events & activities year round as well.

I guess its just a case of looking at what people look for when buying a house really. Maybe looking at the EA's put in their descriptions could also help give a clue of what to put in, just like solciting ideas on HPC is a good way. ;)

Another useful addition would be some data on individual EA's.. their success rates, average % drops, asking / selling price ratio's, a comparative price ing analysis ( does one EA consistently price higher than other local EA's), an EA feeedback section...

Another useful addition would be some data on individual EA's.. their success rates, average % drops, asking / selling price ratio's, a comparative price ing analysis ( does one EA consistently price higher than other local EA's), an EA feeedback section...

Home.co.uk show that data now see:

http://www.home.co.uk/search/agents/

here's an example:

http://www.home.co.uk/search/agents/property_statistics.htm?agent=1166

The property comments section idea would be very hard to police IMO

It would be good to be able to build up your own HPI graphs too.

For example, draw an area on a map, and graph the average sold prices of all semi-detatched 2 bedroom houses between date X and Y.

It would be good to be able to build up your own HPI graphs too.

For example, draw an area on a map, and graph the average sold prices of all semi-detatched 2 bedroom houses between date X and Y.

Haha - That would be awesome - could be quite a tall order however.

Well thanks everyone for your comments here.. I have started building something. It may well take me a good few months to get it going but I will use a lot of the suggestions here to build in what i can. The biggest difficulty for me (rather than property bee) is that i can't get access to rightmove etc so it will be a completely independent site and reliant on members to add/edit/update properties.

It may well prove to be a very useful tool.

If i can get something together quickly I will post and let you all have a go of it.

~S~