House Price Crash Forum

If you can watch house prices, as they stubbornly just stick,

If you can read the VI news without being physically sick..

If you can keep your head, while all about you offer and complete,

If you can watch the landlords, fat and soft, replete,

If you can save your money, guarding it with care,

If you can watch the market, playing it with flair,

If you can post your messages, interesting, profound

If you can read the others, not letting spite abound....

If you can wait till all the news, conspires to point one way...

And then still wait, till prices drop and gently trough one day....

Then, your house will finally be yours...

And what is more....

You'll just about be ready for retirement, my son.

Very good.

I have a correction though. It should read:

Then, your mortgage will finally be yours...

Jeez you are one sick individule, and I'll tell you this, in all my years of writing on forums I have never ever reported anybody. But I have reported your post, infact if it was my website I'd ban you never mind remove your post.

Beep beep! The offended bus has pulled up!

Homeless' tongue was so far into his cheek it was coming out of his ear, why not relax a little? Some people just love to be outraged :rolleyes:

Beep beep! The offended bus has pulled up!

Homeless' tongue was so far into his cheek it was coming out of his ear, why not relax a little? Some people just love to be outraged :rolleyes:

I should hope it was tongue in cheek, but I still see it as disgusting behaviour.

Is this why society is like it is these days?....my complaint stands.

Edit: I'm very broadminded, for christ sake I ran a pub for 8 years, and can give an take the p$ss no bother, so don't patronise me with "Some people just love to be outraged"

I would imagine right minded people on this board would agree with me on this one, we will just have to wait and see if I'm right. You obvioulsy see such comments as perfectly all right. I can just see this thread being linked to by all who post on other sites that claim HPC is inhabited by morons.

Jeez save me from mindless moronic idiots :angry:

Edited by Catch22

Because i will be going around smashing the noggings and robbing the purses off the little old ladies that screwed me over

I have to agree with Catch22 on this one, not only does this statement reflect badly on the OP but it reflects badly on the site as whole and gives easy ammunition to those who would seek to ridicule and mock HPC (the website and the concept) by caricaturing us as homicidal maniacs with criminal tendencies. While I share homeless' frustration at the present situation, violence is not the answer.

since when have i become the moral standard bearer for this site

give it a break ehhh, i was making an analogy that theve screwed me over ie the older generation so if i dont get a chance of having a better life i will just take it from them.

I dont see many of them setting up funds for the FTB because they feel sorry for them.

ps: never been charged with a crime in my life or done anything as bad as prince harry does on a weekly basis.

If you can watch house prices, as they stubbornly just stick,

If you can read the VI news without being physically sick..

If you can keep your head, while all about you offer and complete,

If you can watch the landlords, fat and soft, replete,

If you can save your money, guarding it with care,

If you can watch the market, playing it with flair,

If you can post your messages, interesting, profound

If you can read the others, not letting spite abound....

Then, your house will finally be yours...

And what is more....

You'll just about be ready for retirement, my son.

This is impressive and deserves a wider audience. Some where on the home page or a neater addition to the rules? The last two lines should go because it feels like a cop out. Either that or I just accept I’m getting old before my time.

I should hope it was tongue in cheek, but I still see it as disgusting behaviour.

Is this why society is like it is these days?....my complaint stands.

Edit: I'm very broadminded, for christ sake I ran a pub for 8 years, and can give an take the p$ss no bother, so don't patronise me with "Some people just love to be outraged"

I would imagine right minded people on this board would agree with me on this one, we will just have to wait and see if I'm right. You obvioulsy see such comments as perfectly all right. I can just see this thread being linked to by all who post on other sites that claim HPC is inhabited by morons.

Jeez save me from mindless moronic idiots  :angry:

For the want of a smiley, a thread was lost :)

Superb BTW Justanewbie

since when have i become the moral standard bearer for this site

give it a break ehhh, i was making an analogy that theve screwed me over ie the older generation so if i dont get a chance of having a better life i will just take it from them.

I dont see many of them setting up funds for the FTB because they feel sorry for them.

ps: never been charged with a crime in my life or done anything as bad as prince harry does on a weekly basis.

You know what, not only are you a sad individual, but the above indicates you are half a brain cell short of owning a complete one to call your own. :rolleyes:

It is apparent the offending post was deemed morally offensive as it has been removed. And as I quoted your original post in my reply, I asked "Webmaster" to remove my post at the same time as yours. Thus saving the forum from ridicule by external links being made to the offensive post.

Apparently a whole swathe of posts have gone missing? I must check in more often.

Anyway to get back to the original point of the post "if" I must say it is a bit worrying, as we have a growing older population and a decreasing younger population things are getting a bit fraught. The younger population do not vote whereas the older one does thereby electing the government. The older population are in the process of winding down towards (or actually in) retirement, many of whom will require support from the younger population and all the time controlling most of the wealth in society, to such an extent that the younger population cannot afford to live!

Throughout human civilisation cultures and societies have existed with large numbers of young and small numbers of elders. We are now in reverse.

There must be a way to unravel this?

Otherwise what? Logans Run?

catch22

The insults from you are astounding, dont you have any respect for others point of view?.

Your listening to a guy that feels hes been shafted by the older generations in this country, and dont deny i havent, my own parents sit in a 300k house and they earn less money together than i do.

Ive never been unemployed and ive paid for my degree unlike them

So if you have a problem with me feeling shafted by the older generations and me vocally saying so on here this place is not for you, becuase most of this site feel the same as i do.

The reason i say it is becuase i have not cause im some sick puppy like you imply or some brain dead numpty.Whenever you like it or not its a fact.

I could have bought 2 of my parents house and your parents house as well, im not saying its there fault they got lucky im just saying should i just sit and be quiet becuase i was "unlucky"

Its time for the younger generations to get there share of the wealth and one way or another they will get it.

I hope you put me on ignore if you cant stomach my comments, ive posted on here a long time without problem before, ny comment implied the older generations robbed us so why dont we rob them back.Seems fair to me.

Theirs not to reason why, theirs but to see and buy.

Into the valley of debt ride those who have blundered.

Edited by Hino98

catch22

The insults from you are astounding, dont you have any respect for others point of view?.

Your listening to a guy that feels hes been shafted by the older generations in this country, and dont deny i havent, my own parents sit in a 300k house and they earn less money together than i do.

Ive never been unemployed and ive paid for my degree unlike them

So if you have a problem with me feeling shafted by the older generations and me vocally saying so on here this place is not for you, becuase most of this site feel the same as i do.

The reason i say it is becuase i have not cause im some sick puppy like you imply or some brain dead numpty.Whenever you like it or not its a fact.

I could have bought 2 of my parents house and your parents house as well, im not saying its there fault they got lucky im just saying should i just sit and be quiet becuase i was "unlucky"

Its time for the younger generations to get there share of the wealth and one way or another they will get it.

I hope you put me on ignore if you cant stomach my comments, ive posted on here a long time without problem before, ny comment implied the older generations robbed us so why dont we rob them back.Seems fair to me.

I sort of 'catch your drift about you being 'robbed' by the older generation. Probably one of those tragic tales about skinflint, rich b@stard, selfish parents refusing to give to their offspring anything and everything they ask for......... ergo, "Robbing them".

Though it's a tragic tale "homeless", it's one I've had to endure many times, so the novelty and entertainment value, of your constant whining, is less than enthralling.

Though do, please, tell us more about your "Degree". I have to say, that from the tone of your posts, you didn't strike me as a man with a long academic history.

"Ive never been unemployed and ive paid for my degree unlike them"

wot wos yer degree in, english liteachure ? or englsh langwige ??

catch22

This from a guy who says if he does not get a house in five years

“I’ll go out and smash the noggings in of little old lady’s and steal their purses”

“theve screwed me over ie the older generation so if I don’t get a chance of having a better life I will just take it from them”

“I don’t see many of them setting up funds for the FTB because they feel sorry for them”

And you are degree material….you are a product of our higher education system…....for f%cks sake what is happening to this country

No I won’t put you on “ignore” I’ll shoot you down every time you open that big mouth of yours and spout crap like that. If you want to be treated with respect, stop acting and writing like a complete and utter moron.

I do understand the frustrations of the younger generation, I've said it before on this forum, that I consider it a transferral of wealth from the young to the old. But this is a Government engineered situation, not the fault of little old ladies. Irrispective of government intervention and manipulation the Market will correct, Market always do Period. I realise it is pointless trying to educate you in this regard, so I won't go through the finer points of " Market Mechanisms"

Regarding your degree:

I may have left school at 15 years old and went straight onto the "tools" ........ built up and run my own successful business's, supported a wife and our first child from the age of 21 years. And that's coming from parents that lived in a rented council house. Of course having two parents that had just come through the greatest war of all time, being a 1946 baby meant I did not grow up in the "gimme, gimme, gimme, I've had it on a plate generation" When my father died I was offered his "Timex" watch [strapless] My brother, sister and I "paid" to bury our father [we had the proverbial wicked Step Mother who inherited what little he had] So when I hear spoilt moronic brats like you spouting off that the "World Owes ME a Living"........well you know

Edited by Catch22