House Price Crash Forum

Things Just Seem Wrong

Panda

HOLA441

In all my years on here, things just seem wrong, RB posting bullish after bullish statements, has he been interfered with in some way. Most of the old heads gone, injin gone, it just seems the last bears have all but turned bull. Is it all over, has the site had its day, will i rent till i die, will wages stagnate, house prices rise forever, and we just end up going back to the Victorian times, spare change madam..................................

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

HOLA442
HOLA443

They do say that a market will only crash when the last bear turns bull. And RB is about as "last bear" as they come in my book. So I think it's a good sign. Mind you, it didn't stop McTwattish and Sibbers from wetting themselves on MSE.

Edited by NotMyHouse

HOLA444

In all my years on here, things just seem wrong, RB posting bullish after bullish statements, has he been interfered with in some way.

RB seems to have gone bipolar.

Last week there were two threads about predicted house price drops.

On this thread he suggested a 10% drop in prices would need a "trigger" to kick it all off........ http://www.housepricecrash.co.uk/forum/index.php?showtopic=155460&st=0

On this thread he started a mere 3 hours later, he had to agree that a 20% drop in prices is likely......... http://www.housepricecrash.co.uk/forum/index.php?showtopic=155481

Edited by Caveat Mortgagor

HOLA445
HOLA446
HOLA447
HOLA448

They do say that a market will only crash when the last bear turns bull. And RB is about as "last bear" as they come in my book. So I think it's a good sign. Mind you, it didn't stop McTwattish and Sibbers from wetting themselves on MSE.

To be fair RB was saying that he is not "bullish" about UK property but rather he changed to 'neither'. As I recall he is planning now on jumping ship from the UK and moving to the US where he his 'bull' side is coming through. He did state he was definitely still bear when it comes to UK property....

~S~

HOLA449
HOLA4410
HOLA4411
HOLA4412

it just seems the last bears have all but turned bull.

Not me! I'm as bearish as ever, more so perhaps.

Except on commodities. Medium to long terms - going to the moon, as I am wont to say.

HOLA4413
HOLA4414

Watching paint dry is enough to suck the life out of the heartiest soul and that is exactly what watching the UK housing market is like right now. The downward curve is there but its very flat at the moment and dull. I love HPC but people are right (IMO) to stop watching house prices for a bit, at least on a national scale, and turn their attention to the broader issues such as money supply, inflation, peak oil, interest rates etc.

HOLA4415
HOLA4416

I think RB is getting a little p*ssed that he keeps getting moved around, because the houses he rents, sell and he can't find a decent priced quality rental in his area.

Of course as soon as RB buys....

TIMBER!!!

Edited by Sir John Steed

HOLA4417
HOLA4418

Watching paint dry is enough to suck the life out of the heartiest soul and that is exactly what watching the UK housing market is like right now. The downward curve is there but its very flat at the moment and dull. I love HPC but people are right (IMO) to stop watching house prices for a bit, at least on a national scale, and turn their attention to the broader issues such as money supply, inflation, peak oil, interest rates etc.

+1

HOLA4419

Injin has gone?

I believe the mods were in dispute with injin over his tendency to go keep going back to his thesis of money being imaginary, or just created by banks by entering numbers into a person's bank account.

I think injin should write a book of his thesis. He would need other people to read it first and give him fair criticism, at least regarding repetition and ability to hold reader's attention. He could publish it as a kindle book. I believe anyone can do that mainly by uploading it to amazon in the correct way.

HOLA4420

At present, IRs have to be even more dull than HPs to watch!

HOLA4421

In all my years on here, things just seem wrong, RB posting bullish after bullish statements, has he been interfered with in some way. Most of the old heads gone, injin gone, it just seems the last bears have all but turned bull. Is it all over, has the site had its day, will i rent till i die, will wages stagnate, house prices rise forever, and we just end up going back to the Victorian times, spare change madam..................................

I have a house (but I didn't pay a silly price for it), and I think the crash is yet to come. Hang in there for 18-24 months.

HOLA4422

To be fair RB was saying that he is not "bullish" about UK property but rather he changed to 'neither'. As I recall he is planning now on jumping ship from the UK and moving to the US where he his 'bull' side is coming through. He did state he was definitely still bear when it comes to UK property....

~S~

RB has been a bit contrary of late. But if we are talking about the USA, I would say that there cannot be much further to fall. Some of their property looks very cheap and compared to here, extraordinarily cheap. If I was in the USA then I would now change from bear to bull, despite news items still saying more falls are to come. 5 bed homes with swimming pools for under £100k sounds like near bottom to me. There may be more falls in the USA for some places, but it will all recover over time. They probably had the worst sub-prime lending.

When will I feel that about the UK? It is still a bubble only just behind Canada and Australia. So Certainly not now. IR's are too low and will moderate any prices as they come back to normal, whether they be rising or falling in the medium term. The cuts have largely just been announcements and the effects are going to be felt over the coming year or so. The deficit is not actually being cut by enough to stop Britain continuing to add to its over £1 trillion national debt and this will ned to be serviced - ever more difficult and expensive as time plods on. The special liquidity programme is ending and cannot be renewed by any serious govt. There will be shortage of cash to refinance the banks. The FSA is bringing forth very tight lending criteria, which we are told means that 50% of those who have been getting mortgages in the last 2 years would not have had them! The ending of IO mortgages and all these factors will simply force down prices - maybe gradually, but nevertheless it will do so. Mortgage lending is faltering almost monthly to low levels. Inflation is beginning to look dangerous and IR's must start to rise in 2011. Strong rises may be very dangerous to house prices, but may surprise us by happening over the next 12 months. When we look back we will recognise that IR;s should be rising now and that by putting it off the situation will be much worse later. Always is.

HOLA4423

RB has been a bit contrary of late. But if we are talking about the USA, I would say that there cannot be much further to fall. Some of their property looks very cheap and compared to here, extraordinarily cheap. If I was in the USA then I would now change from bear to bull, despite news items still saying more falls are to come. 5 bed homes with swimming pools for under £100k sounds like near bottom to me. There may be more falls in the USA for some places, but it will all recover over time. They probably had the worst sub-prime lending.

When will I feel that about the UK? It is still a bubble only just behind Canada and Australia. So Certainly not now. IR's are too low and will moderate any prices as they come back to normal, whether they be rising or falling in the medium term. The cuts have largely just been announcements and the effects are going to be felt over the coming year or so. The deficit is not actually being cut by enough to stop Britain continuing to add to its over £1 trillion national debt and this will ned to be serviced - ever more difficult and expensive as time plods on. The special liquidity programme is ending and cannot be renewed by any serious govt. There will be shortage of cash to refinance the banks. The FSA is bringing forth very tight lending criteria, which we are told means that 50% of those who have been getting mortgages in the last 2 years would not have had them! The ending of IO mortgages and all these factors will simply force down prices - maybe gradually, but nevertheless it will do so. Mortgage lending is faltering almost monthly to low levels. Inflation is beginning to look dangerous and IR's must start to rise in 2011. Strong rises may be very dangerous to house prices, but may surprise us by happening over the next 12 months. When we look back we will recognise that IR;s should be rising now and that by putting it off the situation will be much worse later. Always is.

Got a link to one of those 5 bed homes with a pool Plummet Expert?

HOLA4424
HOLA4425