House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
General Congreve

Scary Bernanke Interview

Here is a video of Fed Chairman Ben Bernanke defending his record and the launch of QE2 on America's 60 minutes. Despite the interviewer serving him softball questions, the look of terror in Bernanke's expression is decidedly worrying, it betrays he doesn't believe in what he is saying and knows the US is up sh1t creek without a paddle.

Fast forward to 6.00 mins and watch for a couple of minutes for the highlights - Shaky and stuttering voice, quivering lips, twitching eyes, shallow breathing, high pitched and overly fast word delivery and unrelaxed manner. ENJOY!

Edited by General Congreve

He was a lot happier when talking about unemployment

I agree, he sounded like an unconvincing liar when asked about the risk of inflation. He'd be a crap Poker player

The dry mouth said it all. ;)

I love the bit around 6mins in when he talks about inflationary forces being a "myth". The editor cuts to the interviewer nodding and giving a really weird smile. The guy should have just stroked his chin and gone "Itchy beard, Ben" and been done with it...

Edited by Mugwump Boy

Yeah, 7.10 is where his lips really goes all quivery!

The rich/poor divide is caused by disparity of education - yeah right! He had no idea in 2007 that we/they were heading for a financial crisis - yeah right! He obviously is not a great fan of medicare reforms either. He only appears to care about unemployment in so much as it reflects on his own success or failure. Not a nice man IMO.

Yeah, 7.10 is where his lips really goes all quivery!

John

"But when his brethren were gone up, then went he also up unto the feast, not openly, but as it were in secret."

Your cult is run by pathetic men - who are subject to the temptations/influence of evil!

Evil Ways!

Doing!

Thinking!

The ones at the table/last supper were specially chosen! :o

"it is my Father who gives you the true bread from heaven. For the bread of God is he who comes down from heaven and gives life to the world … I am the bread of life. He who comes to me will never go hungry, and he who believes in me will never be thirsty’"

From the interview, enjoy the mastering of misdirecting half truths:

"One myth that's out there is that what we're doing is printing money. We're not printing money. The amount of currency in circulation is not changing. The money supply is not changing in any significant way."

We're not printing money

That's true, everything is done elctronically.

The amount of currency in circulation is not changing.

That's true, as noted above he's not printing banknotes and he's not making new coins either. Thank God he made that extra clear.

The money supply is not changing in any significant way.

My favourite :). It's true, in the context of a quadrillion derivatives or of the megazillion intergalactic monetary envelope, it's not changing ... in a significant way.

You see, everything he said was absolutely true. But it's also a complete lie. The guy's a star :D

Edited by _w_

He is definitely on medication of some sort. That wobbly lip syndrome is the sign that he's been on the pills.

He has always come across as nervous in interviews and hearings. To be fair, I'd be pretty nervous too if i was the public scapegoat for an unpopular government unwilling to address its core problems or employ any other economic/fiscal approach to resolving them.

True, I'd be feeling just like that if I knew it'd be me who was going to be framed and first up against the wall!

He has always come across as nervous in interviews and hearings. To be fair, I'd be pretty nervous too if i was the public scapegoat for an unpopular government unwilling to address its core problems or employ any other economic/fiscal approach to resolving them.

I agree. I wouldn't want to be on point when entering the lions den either.

I thought the lying about having 100% certainty that he and the fed would be able to exit an inflationary breakout was quite reasonably performed.

Normally people blink a lot when lying and he didn't blink much when he was saying that.

At 11 mins 15 secs into the video, it is said the Federal Reserve revelled who got the bailout money. They did not mention the Fed refused for 2 years to give out the details under the U.S. fredom of Information Act and were eventually fored to with legal action.

This was on Bloomberg at the begining of the year and demonstrates what the Fed thinks of the public/tax payer in the USA - the people who will have to pay for the bailouts.

http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=newsarchive&sid=a4PnUdySIink

Jan. 11 (Bloomberg) -- The Federal Reserve asked a U.S. appeals court to block a ruling that for the first time would force the central bank to reveal secret identities of financial firms that might have collapsed without the largest government bailout in U.S. history.

The U.S. Court of Appeals in Manhattan will decide whether the Fed must release records of the unprecedented $2 trillion U.S. loan program launched after the 2008 collapse of Lehman Brothers Holdings Inc. In August, a federal judge ordered that the information be released, responding to a request by Bloomberg LP, the parent of Bloomberg News.

Edited by Take Me Back To London!

Guest UK Debt Slave

Here is a video of Fed Chairman Ben Bernanke defending his record and the launch of QE2 on America's 60 minutes. Despite the interviewer serving him softball questions, the look of terror in Bernanke's expression is decidedly worrying, it betrays he doesn't believe in what he is saying and knows the US is up sh1t creek without a paddle.

Fast forward to 6.00 mins and watch for a couple of minutes for the highlights - Shaky and stuttering voice, quivering lips, twitching eyes, shallow breathing, high pitched and overly fast word delivery and unrelaxed manner. ENJOY!

Anyone have a sense of impending Deja Vu?

specialrate.jpg

"What can you do to stop inflation?"

"We can raise rates in 15 minutes"

And what happens then in then UK? we follow?

I reckon once America panics and rates begin to rise, Merv will do the same.

:)

I was shown a long time ago that if you say yes, your head will nod with you, but if you say yes and you are lying, your head will shake the negative.

The Bernanke, saying about money expansion, inflation and withdrawal of the FED from the market, SAID he had it all sussed, but the head shook the negative.

Other times, where a lie cant be so obvious, like general everyday stuff, his head moved in agreement to his speach.

This man is a lyer, a conman and is either a patsy or a front for some VI OTHER than the people of the US.

I agree. I wouldn't want to be on point when entering the lions den either.

I thought the lying about having 100% certainty that he and the fed would be able to exit an inflationary breakout was quite reasonably performed.

Normally people blink a lot when lying and he didn't blink much when he was saying that.

Lizards have no eyelids.