House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

pod

If A Mobile Is Locked To Orange

If I purchase a mobile (on eBay) which is locked to the orange network, then is it usually just a simple matter of removing the sim card from my current mobile and putting it into the new mobile?

My current phone is a contract (not pay as you go), and is on the orange network.

Thanks! :)

The phone may or may not work with your sim card the only way you will know is by inserting your sim card and trying it, what phone is it and how much to unlock?

The phone may or may not work with your sim card the only way you will know is by inserting your sim card and trying it, what phone is it and how much to unlock?

I've bought two phones on Ebay both locked to "Orange" and both without a sim, and they both worked with PAYG Orange sims. One with a new seperately purchased Sim and one an existing sim from another orange phone]

I also bought an "unlocked" phone for the Son-in-Law on Ebay, and his "contract" O2 Sim worked OK.

You should have no problem.

C22

I have a Orange nokia I bought, but didn't get very good signal so unlocked it for free and now use my O2 chip, if its a nokia they can normally be unlocked very easily for free, just google nokia free unlock should come up with something,

Take care, you need the IMIE number (easy to find out) but if you enter 3 codes in a row that don't work then your in trouble.

do two codes at a time if no luck turn off and insert a working chip orange for orange O2 for O2 etc, and try again.

other makes can also be unlocked but not as easy,

Well, nothing definite yet. Just sometimes I see mobiles listed on eBay and they state locked to orange network.

"How much to unlock?" Not sure...

I've bought two phones on Ebay both locked to "Orange" and both without a sim, and they both worked with PAYG Orange sims. One with a new seperately purchased Sim and one an existing sim from another orange phone]

I also bought an "unlocked" phone for the Son-in-Law on Ebay, and his "contract" O2 Sim worked OK.

You should have no problem.

C22

Thanks Catch22...! :)

I have a Orange nokia I bought, but didn't get very good signal so unlocked it for free and now use my O2 chip, if its a nokia they can normally be unlocked very easily for free, just google nokia free unlock should come up with something,

Take care, you need the IMIE number (easy to find out) but if you enter 3 codes in a row that don't work then your in trouble.

do two codes at a time if no luck turn off and insert a working chip orange for orange O2 for O2 etc, and try again.

other makes can also be unlocked but not as easy,

Thanks Kam...! :)

So if I get a locked mobile, probably best to get a nokia then... Thanks!

Thanks Kam...!  :)

So if I get a locked mobile, probably best to get a nokia then...  Thanks!

Incidently all three phones I bought on Ebay were Nokia's as it happens [i never had problems with signals on the Orange network]