House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

darwin

Wikileaks Founder Julian Assange Arrested In London

What's the odds, that he will end up in America within a year?

Low, more like 2-3 months.

Since his card is punched, for instance interpol int arrest warrants normally take 3-4 weeks. His took 1 day!

He better mind out on the stairs... and certainly not go for a walk anywhere on a hill.

He better mind out on the stairs... and certainly not go for a walk anywhere on a hill.

Nah shot while trying to escape is even more plausible.

Actually the UK government have a slam dunk against him, since it is illegal to withhold encryption keys thus he is going to be imprisoned for 9 months at the very least.

This will be a show trial, as the whole 'w@nky leaks' has been a well executed Western dog and pony PR show.

If this Mr Assange was as dangerous as he's been reported to be, with a supposed stockpile of sensitive information, he'd have been dead ages ago.

Ergo, expect more internet censorship and monitoring, draconian usage laws, etc... over the pond.

Yep, just a massive hoodwink because people are so damn gullible and too lazy to think for themselves. Stop being so stupid, the lot of you.

Very interesting, given the history Anna Ardin who accused him of rape, famous for being a man-hating radical feminist. Do you think US hired her to do their dirty work or did she do it for her own reasons? Anyway, Assange should have googled who he was going to bed with.

I'm having a real crisis of conscience over this one.

My Internet persona says that what he's doing is a good thing and that the searchlight of openness should be shone into the darkest and grubbiest cupboards to illuminate the dodgy dealings of governments, corporations, and individuals around the world.

My real-life persona would quite happily shoot him.

And what's most confusing is that I read the Daily Mail online. :huh:

I guess I need to go to another middle-class dinner party and see which side comes out.

Does this mean that they are going to set off that poison pill of really important secret information now?

I cant wait to find out who shot Kennedy and just what really happened at Roswell. Not to mention the winner of this years X-Factor.

Something really fishy about all this, how can a guy who distrusts the system of governments as much as we do who then makes himself international target number one to be framed and imprisoned by the powers that be then decide in fleeing Australia he is safest being in Britain?

I would say this is the worst country to be if you are fleeing international police, our country backs over backwards to follow America and other countries requests and is practically a police state. Why didn't he go to somewhere like India or Thailand and get lost?

Honestly he must have some money put away somewhere so he could have escaped all this. He is either incredibly naive to not see how corrupt Western governments are, and still believes he will not be punished for his actions.

I don't know why people like NotMyHouse are supporting his arrest even slightly. How can anyone support the US government or our own when they are two of the highest taxed countries in the world, with ours being the higher of the two. And among the highest living costs in the world.

Unemployment is raging in both UK and USA, this is the stuff of revolutions. Why would anyone NOT be supporting this man?

On second thoughts, this could all be a stage to restrict the freedom of the internet- Assange could have been bought off to play his role as it's the only explanation for why he would give himself to the authorities so willingly. If that's the case we should all be VERY worried, the internet is the only place which hasn't been taken control of by governments and corporations.

If Wikileaks stops releasing more documents in future (they have only released a very small amount so far) then I am willing to believe this is all a rouse.

t- Assange could have been bought off to play his role as it's the only explanation for why he would give himself to the authorities so willingly. If that's the case we should all be VERY worried, the internet is the only place which hasn't been taken control of by governments and corporations.

Perhaps he gave himself up because he knows he's innocent and stands at least some chance of being acquitted. He and Wikileaks will emerge even stronger, ready to fight the good fight. On the other hand they could be measuring up his orange jump suit as we speak. But he's made himself a public figure - let's see if they fancy 'rendering' a one-man cause celebre.

Perhaps he gave himself up because he knows he's innocent and stands at least some chance of being acquitted. He and Wikileaks will emerge even stronger, ready to fight the good fight. On the other hand they could be measuring up his orange jump suit as we speak. But he's made himself a public figure - let's see if they fancy 'rendering' a one-man cause celebre.

Jack Ruby?

Indeed.

The Swedish legal system's definition of rape is, well, different; as I understand it, he didn't use a condom when she asked him to use one, and that's rape.

Interestingly, that means that the hit comedy "Knocked Up", which started with exactly that kind of situation, was actually depicting a rape <_<

Whats the odds the CIA asset Julian Assange ends up in America? I don't know, only if they have used the useful idot enough to obtain their objectives.

Jack Ruby?

followed by Sirhan Sirhan.

Then onto the next edition of X-Factor to refocus peoples' attention.

Maybe cash-in-mattress is right ... it's all a setup. The U.S. is both cleverer and stupider than we ever give them credit for.

Maybe it's the safest place for him to be right now.

The accusations sound comical, as described here:

http://www.dailymail...rent-story.html

It is like something someone made up for a joke. Maybe not far from the truth..:ph34r:

I do love this bit in particular:

'When they got back they had sexual relations, but there was a problem with the condom - it had split.

'She seemed to think that he had done this deliberately but he insisted that it was an accident.’

:lol:

Man deliberately ensuring a condom splits ?! Yes - that just happens ALLLLLLLLLLLL the time.

Yep, just a massive hoodwink because people are so damn gullible and too lazy to think for themselves. Stop being so stupid, the lot of you.

Unfortunately, you are preaching to the choir. The people on this website come from the small minority of adults in the UK who bother to make any effort to understand what's going on. It's not a class thing either, for every brain dead X-factor wannabe there is a Guardian reader who thinks businesses are meanies and the government should take care of everything for everybody.

Democracy is a terrifying thing when you stop and think about it.

I'm having a real crisis of conscience over this one.

My Internet persona says that what he's doing is a good thing and that the searchlight of openness should be shone into the darkest and grubbiest cupboards to illuminate the dodgy dealings of governments, corporations, and individuals around the world.

My real-life persona would quite happily shoot him.

And what's most confusing is that I read the Daily Mail online. :huh:

I guess I need to go to another middle-class dinner party and see which side comes out.

Anyone who is against wikileaks, is a retard.

+1

It should be pretty obvious by now that our own government has become our biggest enemy.

Who hurt Britain more, all of the Islamofascist nutters in the world combined or HM Treasury when it gave £1.4tn of our money to the banksters?

+1

And there are a disturbing number of otherwise intelligent people who are.

Anyway I've made my donation to them, I'll tell him you all said hi when I'm in gitmo.

Actually the UK government have a slam dunk against him, since it is illegal to withhold encryption keys thus he is going to be imprisoned for 9 months at the very least.

Not really, that despicable law is pretty much the exact opposite of what they need in this instance.