House Price Crash Forum
The Masked Tulip

Bdev Is Having A Bit Of A Rally

BDEV has spent the last couple of months graudally going lower and lower below 100p per share. By last week it had a new 52 week low of 69p but this week it has soared and is now up at almost 84p per share.

Shorters covering or what?

FAO mods

Should be in the investment forum?

These stocks already took their main hammering by going down 90%, so fluxuations in this range shouldn't be surprising. This particular share has been discussed loads already in the investments sub-forum

Edited by Fawkandles

you're beginnign to sound like HAM and RK ;)

I spend far too much time in their online company. I think they are having a bad influence on me. Any day now I fear I am about to begin posting charts with bright coloured squigly lines on them.

Oops, too late.

sf_asf_ma_bradley_l2_y1grph3_l.jpg

BDEV Barratt Developments Plc 85.00 +6.20 7.87%

TW Taylor Wimpey plc 29.50 +2.27 8.34%

BKG The Berkeley Group Hld... 908.50 +29.50 3.36%

RDW Redrow plc 127.40 +6.10 5.03%

PSN Persimmon plc 402.90 +20.20 5.28%

BWY Bellway plc 603.00 +45.00 8.06%

BVS Bovis Homes Group plc 381.10 +18.00 4.96%

All the builders are rallying.

Just sold my Persimmon stock that i bought at 342p a couple of weeks ago. There are loads of bulls still out there willing to buy. I was going to hold out for the 'santa rally' but todays rise forced my hand.

Property bulls are back from holiday. The big housebuilders and other property vested interests will always be able to pull another rabbit out of the hat.

They're a bit like farmers - even if the harvest is obliterated by a storm, the combine gets burnt out, there's been an epidemic of bubonic spontaneous combustion sheep-plague and they're getting paid 0.0000000001p per litre of milk by the big supermarkets, there's still somehow cash for a new Mercedes in the drive.

Edited by blankster

Who's buying in - I'm wary.

I've been getting hammered on bb's discussing property with many saying property is affordable now and that the only way is up. Many saying I was shorting which is nonsense.

Should be in the investment section - other sections of the forum do exist!

I spend far too much time in their online company. I think they are having a bad influence on me. Any day now I fear I am about to begin posting charts with bright coloured squigly lines on them.

Oops, too late.

sf_asf_ma_bradley_l2_y1grph3_l.jpg

The Economist ?

A post you may like from the BDEV boards:

I too wanted house prices to soften. But now I'm fairly well invested in property and look at the figures:

couple on 35k pa

mortgage x 4 = 140k

deposit = 20k

House purchase £160k

A few fees. Interest rate around 3-4 %

tbh if you can't reach purchasing at these very affordable levels as a first time buyer, you shouldn't expect to be able to buy a house in my view.

FTB property is very affordable. Capital values are higher but IR's are lower.

Most towns have FTB property at these levels.

Simple :-)

I think the reason it is not in the investment section is because of tmt's worry that this will directly translate into a bounce in house prices.

You know me so well :lol:

I picked up Bubb's torch with BDEV. I do not understand it but I am carrying it nonetheless.

Joking aside...

Is this shorters covering their positions... (Look at my use of jargon).... or something else?

I can't think of any upbeat news that would cause this rally. I did read a report a few weeks back where some analyst pointed out that builders' shares tend to dip in Oct to Dec and then bounce up in the Spring... and have apparently been doing this for years.

ConDems have gone all New Labour?

CSR saw increased spending every year

Housing benefit cuts put back.

490k job cuts already down to 330k

Looks like housing minister Shapps is pro-reckless lending and against mortgage restrictions.

FSA seem OK that 43% of mortgages in Q1 2010 were still non-income verified

FAO mods

Should be in the investment forum?

These stocks already took their main hammering by going down 90%, so fluxuations in this range shouldn't be surprising. This particular share has been discussed loads already in the investments sub-forum

MODS MODS

FLUXUATIONS ALERT.

That kid got an A for that graph - all correct ticks and comments of excellent from the teacher for presentation... Is it just me or are standards slipping - that crayon goes outside the lines!

RK is right - must be The Economist. :lol: