House Price Crash Forum

We should be due a pullback but I'm not holding my breath with the EUR in its death throws and the USD being printed into oblivion.

People believe Gold is going up, Gold is going nowhere, Fiat is simply heading down.

None of this debt will ever be paid back, Fiat will be printed and printed until a new equilibrium is established and the debts are wiped out. It's the only option left other than default.

Just checked Kitco, looks like Gold hit $1427 and has just dropped back a little to $1421,  it seems  another resistance level has been broken at $1400.

...and yet, even though gold is breaching record levels once again, Randgold, usually a good gold price tracker, is having trouble clearing the 6000p level. Any ideas why?

We should be due a pullback but I'm not holding my breath with the EUR in its death throws and the USD being printed into oblivion.

People believe Gold is going up, Gold is going nowhere, Fiat is simply heading down.

None of this debt will ever be paid back, Fiat will be printed and printed until a new equilibrium is established and the debts are wiped out. It's the only option left other than default.

What Flibble said!

Yeah I am sure it's just people taking their profits as it has just dived to $1371. I'm in it for the long term so can wait ;)

Would love to join you all but fear buying in now im exposed to the top end of losses :( At least the only advantage for myself is I have only modest funds in comparison to some.

$1374

GOLD

12/16/2010

11:58

-0.70%

Funny thing, I threw this number out a few weeks ago as a random guess at the peak for gold before the big crash. It reverted to another break down point today which, if after factoring an Eliot Wave and averaging the last 3 peaks takes you to close to this number which cannot seem to be shaken for some reason.

I wonder if this could prove to be the stochastic top--at least from a wave perspective?

Meant as a bit of fun but turns out to be it? Surely not?

:o

Edited by Realistbear

$1374

GOLD

12/16/2010

-0.70%

Funny thing, I threw this number out a few weeks ago as a random guess at the peak for gold before the big crash. It reverted to another break down point today which, if after factoring an Eliot Wave and averaging the last 3 peaks takes you to close to this number which cannot seem to be shaken for some reason.

I wonder if this could prove to be the stochastic top--at least from a wave perspective?

RB, its all a conspiracy, i have checked the North Sea wave and the 3 Peaks of Yorkshire.

It reverted to another break down point today which, if after factoring an Eliot Wave and averaging the last 3 peaks takes you to close to this number

If you look for arbitrary patterns in historical data, you will always find them. I'd say that the numerical relationship you have described was bound to be true at some point in time. If gold had crashed from 1374 when you mentioned it weeks ago, you would have said 'Look I was right!" Gold didn't crash from 1374 at the time so you looked for another way to interpret the data.

All this makes me wonder: who is more obstinate about PMs? Perma bears or perma bulls?

Just keep on making predictions.

Gold will crash at $1500

Erh I meant gold will crash at $1600

Definitely $1700

You'll have your day.

Some day.

Gold and silver may not crash but will surely retrace somewhat at present.

I for one am offloading my ill-gotten gains hahaha....

Im not out completely, but i AM out for the time being... the religion is overstated and oversold, methinks time to take some profits.

Gold and silver may not crash but will surely retrace somewhat at present.

I for one am offloading my ill-gotten gains hahaha....

Im not out completely, but i AM out for the time being... the religion is overstated and oversold, methinks time to take some profits.

Just out of interest, what kind of sums are we talking about with regards to how much people on HPC have in PM's?

1K, 5K, 20K, 50K???

or 10, 20, 50% or more as share of investable cash?

I'll go first, about 30K in gold and silver which is about 25% of investable cash

How about the rest of you?

Edited by gnosis

$1374

GOLD

12/16/2010

-0.70%

Gold now $1405 and at an all time high in pound sterling at £914.29p

Is $1405 the new gold top?

Guest spp

Gold now $1405 and at an all time high in pound sterling at £914.29p

Is $1405 the new gold top?

Try this - Is $1405 the new $ bottom?

Out of curiosity, why do you ask?