House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  

What's Happening To Gold

Guest Riser
It's not gold going up, it's the pound sinking.

Its a bit of both actually, gold has broken through $450, if the US CPI data released later today indicates Oil has pushed up inflation then it could be next stop $470. The pound is weak against the dollar due to poor retail sales figures this morning and a big downward revision of last months figures by the ONS.

Looks like we just hit £250 per Oz B)

Gold Price

Edited by Riser

Guest Riser
Thanks Riser.  That's the signature!  How did you get those charts in there?  I often want to comment on them, but I know the comment rests written in stone, but the charts move on...

They are just links in my sigature (see my controls link) to images of live charts on the Kitco site, nothing fancy my end.

I was just on Goldmoney and the current spot price is $466! :o:D:D

I couldn't believe my eyes. That's about $16 since last night.

Could this be the breakout?

Darn it! Why didn't I buy more when it was cheaper...?

Guest Riser
Going up in every currency....  Sit back, relax and watch it go.

1a_cad_usd_jpy_euro_gbp_chf_d_Large.gif

Now going through £251 but I suspect the central banks will soon yank golds leash, they wouldn't want people to start questioning the real value of their paper fiat money B)

If US CPI data is really bad they may not be able to hold it for long.

Does anyone know of a site where one can monitor gold prices simultaneously in sterling, US$ and Euros?

This information is available from Baird, Goldmoney and Kitco, but not in one hit.

Does anyone know of a site where one can monitor gold prices simultaneously in sterling, US$ and Euros?

This information is available from Baird, Goldmoney and Kitco, but not in one hit.

Click on cgnao's linked charts - they show all currencies (as %).

http://www.housepricecrash.co.uk/forum/ind...pe=post&id=1416

Edited by Nijo

http://today.reuters.com/news/newsArticleS...?storyID=146995

NEW YORK, Sept 15 (Reuters) - Benchmark gold futures in New York shot to the highest level since 1988 on Thursday morning, as high oil prices and inflation fears fueled buying by speculative players, traders said.

By 8:24 a.m. EDT (1224 GMT), December delivery gold on the New York Mercantile Exchange's COMEX division was up $4.30 at $458 an ounce, just off the early peak of $459.

Guest Riser
10 year highs here in Japan. y57800 for an ounce today! That's a lot of yen for an ounce.

Hi Jake,

Japan have been through the deflationary cycle we appear to be entering do you have a link showing how gold has performed from a yen perspective. What will y57800 buy you in Japan