House Price Crash Forum
Realistbear

Hugely Successful Services Industry Sees 15-30% Pay Rises Overall

http://uk.finance.yahoo.com/news/Financial-companies-offering-tele-614540846.html?x=0

Financial companies offering 15pc pay rises to stop workers leaving
Louisa Peacock, On Monday 6 December 2010, 12:26
A
ferocious bidding war for financial services staff has returned to the UK
with companies offering a 15pc pay rise to stop workers joining rival firms, according to a recruitment group.
The figure rises to as much as
30pc for City workers
, with a “massive” £327m being spent nationwide this year by employers trying to keep hold of their staff, the survey found. Seven in every 20 finance workers received a counter-offer this year, compared with just one in eight in 2009, the study by Marks Sattin, published today, said.
Staff with a job offer elsewhere were offered three times the pay increase they would have got to stay put last year, from 5pc to 15pc on average, the analysis based on 450 employers showed. An accountant on £42,000 would pick up an extra £6,300.

Services industry people are clearly not in it together. Who, exactly, is "in it" in this country we all seem to be doing so well with record online spending etc.

I daresay there will be a "ferocious bidding war" for pwoperties soon as they get snapped up after massive 3% falls this year.

There have been some 6 figure roles going in Cardiff in the past month in a financial. Odd - as a few financials in that city have let several people go in the past month...

Cuts just turned out to be increased spending so panic over?

Cuts just turned out to be increased spending so panic over?

If our Bonds are as solid as the ratings agencies all say it is it will keep IR low for all. Free spending Britain may last for quite awhile yet as the rest of the world tanks more cash will flow into the UK which will, in turn, keep bonds going and IR ever lower thus fuelling ever more demand and spending.

Under Brown we had a boom.

Under the Koalishon we seem to be having a continuation of that boom.

Brown may well have elimated boom and bust like he said he did. The little rumble we had a couple of years ago and the token HPC may be all that we get.

I still have not seen the "it" we are all supposed to be in after the Koalishon announced a few cuts here and there.

I assume this includes the usual taxpayer backed suspects ?

The big boys have huge programmes of work on just now - and they have a nice big pot of taxpayer backed money to do it. The ones who should have failed now know this will not be 'allowed'. So they can start paying mega money to bring in the 'right' people.

At least we are talking about individuals here. If the public knew how much money was being spent by these taxpayer backed banks on consultancy firms ? Well let's just say they would be shocked and rather angry.

Edited by ccc

I agree 100%.

If the Government had a quiet word in my ear, telling me that my business was 'too big to fail' I would be increasing wages to ensure that the talent I employ don't leave and hovering up any talent elsewhere at a premium wage over my competitors.

I assume this includes the usual taxpayer backed suspects ?

The big boys have huge programmes of work on just now - and they have a nice big pot of taxpayer backed money to do it. The ones who should have failed now know this will not be 'allowed'. So they can start paying mega money to bring in the 'right' people.

At least we are talking about individuals here. If the public knew how much money was being spent by these taxpayer backed banks on consultancy firms ? Well let's just say they would be shocked and rather angry.

I agree 100%.

If the Government had a quiet word in my ear, telling me that my business was 'too big to fail' I would be increasing wages to ensure that the talent I employ don't leave and hovering up any talent elsewhere at a premium wage over my competitors.

Yep - it is no great surprise really.

Still a piss take though.

How do you get in on this lark? Is it just jobs for risk analysts with Phd's in maths and game theory or is there a backdoor in?

Even the cottage support industries must be worth a think?

http://uk.finance.yahoo.com/news/Financial-companies-offering-tele-614540846.html?x=0

Financial companies offering 15pc pay rises to stop workers leaving
Louisa Peacock, On Monday 6 December 2010, 12:26
A
ferocious bidding war for financial services staff has returned to the UK
with companies offering a 15pc pay rise to stop workers joining rival firms, according to a recruitment group.
The figure rises to as much as
30pc for City workers
, with a “massive” £327m being spent nationwide this year by employers trying to keep hold of their staff, the survey found. Seven in every 20 finance workers received a counter-offer this year, compared with just one in eight in 2009, the study by Marks Sattin, published today, said.
Staff with a job offer elsewhere were offered three times the pay increase they would have got to stay put last year, from 5pc to 15pc on average, the analysis based on 450 employers showed. An accountant on £42,000 would pick up an extra £6,300.

Services industry people are clearly not in it together. Who, exactly, is "in it" in this country we all seem to be doing so well with record online spending etc.

I daresay there will be a "ferocious bidding war" for pwoperties soon as they get snapped up after massive 3% falls this year.

A second rate recruitment firm trying to drum up publicity is of course not to be discounted as the primary driver here.

I agree 100%.

What do you mean by the word 'talent'?

What do you mean by the word 'talent'?

It takes genius to crash the economy like the banks did.

Agree with Blue Loo and others. This is just employment agency b*llocks.

Whilst this may be happy talk from agencies - there is no doubt certain areas in Financial Services where the demand is WAY more than supply so people are gtting paid very good money.

As for Financial Services as a whole ? Who knows. That covers rather a large area and I imagine some are up and some are down.

We're now entering the crack-up boom, simple as.

The fundamentals and the actual state of the markets are polar opposites. How? Because money is being created and is slowly (but ever faster) sluicing around the economy. There will be a brief period of the blooming economy where it all seems to be coming good - and then all out inflation, ultimately collapse of the currency.

Talent, like the people on The Apprentice; skilled in all areas of business and finance ...

:D:D:D

It's the modern equivalent of a freak show! :huh: