House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Realistbear

Sky Breaking: French Look To Buy Sterling Banknote Printer

http://uk.finance.yahoo.com/news/French-Look-To-Buy-Sterling-skynews-1730024884.html?x=0

French Look To Buy Sterling Banknote Printer
Sky News 2010, 12:52, Monday 6 December 2010
The company that prints sterling banknotes may be taken over by a French rival after a bid worth £750m.
De La Rue (LSE: DLAR.L - news) , which also has a contract from the Home Office to print passports, received a takeover offer worth £750m from the French firm Orberthur Technologies.

Now that we are in recovereh no need for asuch equipment to have lying around gathering dust.

http://uk.finance.yahoo.com/news/French-Look-To-Buy-Sterling-skynews-1730024884.html?x=0

The company that prints sterling banknotes may be taken over by a French rival after a bid worth £750m.
De La Rue (LSE: DLAR.L - news) , which also has a contract from the Home Office to print passports, received a takeover offer worth £750m from the French firm Orberthur Technologies.

Now that we are in recovereh no need for asuch equipment to have lying around gathering dust.

I now know why the share jumped last week. Thought it was down to bigger workload with the possible bank withdrawal tommorow, i was wrong :)

http://uk.finance.ya...024884.html?x=0

Unless the froggies are going to print trillions and trillions of pounds, fly over in a WW2 bomber and drop them, destroying our economic recovery in one foul swoop.

Mean vindictive baarstards.

Unless the froggies are going to print trillions and trillions of pounds, fly over in a WW2 bomber and drop them, destroying our economic recovery in one foul swoop.

Mean vindictive baarstards.

Ro. Wife, Children, Seruants, all that could be found. […]

Macd. […] All my pretty ones?

Did you ſay All? Oh Hell-Kite! All?

What, All my pretty Chickens, and their Damme

At one fell ſwoope?

Ro. Wife, Children, Seruants, all that could be found. […]

Macd. […] All my pretty ones?

Did you ſay All? Oh Hell-Kite! All?

What, All my pretty Chickens, and their Damme

At one fell ſwoope?

Bok. Bokbok. Bok.

Bok-bok-bok- aaaark!

One fowl swoop.

They only bought it because it had a French sounding name :lol:

Is there any obligation on De La Rue to print UK banknotes? If not, perhaps the new owners might choose not to print sterling. Then where would we be?

They only bought it because it had a French sounding name :lol:

Is there any obligation on De La Rue to print UK banknotes? If not, perhaps the new owners might choose not to print sterling. Then where would we be?

Reuters news says they looked at a machine "Fabrik in Weimar" and decided to go for the French sounding one instead. Something about the German one possibly having a curse of some sort. :blink: