House Price Crash Forum
Lepista

Another Milestone

Silver is very close to breaking the $30 psychological barrier also. So many paper bugs laughed at this, this time last year!

Paper bugs, do these belong in the weevil family? :unsure:

I'd prefer if my Gold holdings were going down to be honest; A. So I can buy more for a lower price, and B. So the end of Fiat wasn't feeling so close.

Very worrying times at the minute.

Nice for us in the UK. Real story is $1400 being busted again and also the price hitting record levels. Fairly big slapdown last time it happened so we'll have to wait and see if it holds.

I'd prefer if my Gold holdings were going down to be honest; A. So I can buy more for a lower price, and B. So the end of Fiat wasn't feeling so close.

I don't think it really matters, unless you really feel you're not holding enough gold. Even 5k in gold could make you a rich man if the paper gold market goes. It's reportedly leveraged 100 to 1 against physical. If the paper market goes to its intrinsic value of zero, think what will happen to the value of physical. Just imagine the world's biggest see-saw if that helps ;)

Jim Sinclair's been correct for yonks - it will indeed be QE to infinity in the western world whether they call it that or something else.

Great for gold and silver and shares and other asset classes but a nightmare come true for those clinging to fiat paper and to those whose wages or other income doesn't come close to matching the real inflation rate.

It's not worth fretting about what is coming because none of us can do a thing to stop it. All we can do is prepare.

My biggest concern isn't the state or their legions of goons but rather the totally clueless who spend far too much of their free time worshipping celebrities and watching mindless junk on the box.

I don't relish one bit the situation we are in or what is coming and I also appreciate the desire of having another opportunity to go down to the bargin basement, but I think it's time for gold and silver to get on with it.

Edited by Take Me Back To London!

Since when did the telegraph have its own dedicated 'Gold' section within personal investments? :)

Here are the options in personal finance:

ISAs / Money / Saving Tips / Investing / Savings / Gold / Mortgages / Pensions / Funds / Offshore Finance

for at least the last couple of years

for at least the last couple of years

Thanks, thats interesting.

I don't normally get my gold or finance news from the telegraph, so have not previously noticed.

But its good to see PM investment being discussed alongside ISAs and savings accounts as a sensible personal investment option.

Slowly gold is getting more coverage.

Have you noticed Goldseek radio, and Kingworld news are sponsored by gold mining companies for the first time ever?

2eprkgg.jpg

Rocket animation

The rise of internet and high street gold buying business's in the last 12 - 18 months was a tell tale sign of the increase that was about to happen. I am seeing them adding silver in the last 6 months now too as a buying off you option also.