House Price Crash Forum
libitina

Cash Machines To Dish Out Prizes

Cash machine users could soon be walking away with more than they bargained for after a game operator agreed a deal to offer prizes through ATMs.

Felix, whose Everyone's A Winner game features a top prize of a car, said it had teamed up with Alliance & Leicester to roll out the game on thousands of cash machines in the UK.

Customers withdrawing cash will be guaranteed a prize - often a retail voucher - worth at least £3.

Everyone's A Winner began as a telephone game and can now be played on machines in pubs and shops. Users are asked to stop a clock in order to select a prize, which is guaranteed to be worth at least twice as much as they paid out.

Many of the prizes offered are vouchers for high street stores. Retailers offer the vouchers to Felix at lower prices because they benefit from extra customers visiting their stores and receive details such as addresses that can be used for market purposes.

Rostherne, Cheshire-based Felix is planning to roll out the game on an initial 10,000 Alliance & Leicester ATMs, with the first ready in time for Christmas.

Each cash withdrawal will result in a prize worth at least £3. Felix said it was too early to say whether this would involve fee-charging cash machines, although it will not include machines inside Alliance & Leicester branches.

Smaller prizes such as £3 retail vouchers will be printed out from the machine for customers to use immediately, while bigger prizes will be sent to their home address. The machines will allow users to type in details such as their name and postcode and will remember this information for subsequent games.

Customers can select an option not to play the game if they do not wish to.

Felix executive vice chairman Andy Egan said the announcement followed talks with Alliance & Leicester over the past few weeks.

http://channels.aolsvc.co.uk/news/article....oneynews&c=news

(link will only work for AOL users)

FFS!

It p1sses me off when people do more than one transaction on a cash machine when I'm queueing behind them- I guess it's starting out as a receipt on a transaction but I'm pretty sure this will then lead to...

"Users are asked to stop a clock in order to select a prize, which is guaranteed to be worth at least twice as much as they paid out."

If that gets implemented on to ATMs I can't promise I won't hurt someone!

They're TOOLS, TOOLS to get access to our money, not bloody games machines.

This doesn't surprise me.

I'm led to believe that parties have treated their homes as cash machines through MEW, which has become a bit of a gamble, so why not gambling from cash machines?

/G

Take out £100, £10 at a time. £30 'profit' straightaway!

Though I expect it'll have a daily limit.

Do that when I'm behind you and you'll...you'll...you'll be at the mercy of my sighs, tuts and idle internet threats.

:)

"it was too early to say whether this would involve fee-charging cash machines, although it will not include machines inside Alliance & Leicester branches."

I'll venture that it will be restricted only to the fee charging cash machines, so your £3 voucher will actually cost you £1.75 cash.

"it was too early to say whether this would involve fee-charging cash machines, although it will not include machines inside Alliance & Leicester branches."

I'll venture that it will be restricted only to the fee charging cash machines, so your £3 voucher will actually cost you £1.75 cash.

More like £2.50.

Sprogitt and Sylvester seem to be losing the plot recently.

I have my mortgage with them and was impressed with both their product (25 year flexible tracker, with minimal tie-in period, no MIG and good rates (even compared to current products)) and the impression that they were responsible and professional in their dealings with me.

However, in the last 6 months, I have been offered the chance to MEW repeatedly, offered endless loans, and now they're trying to run competitions on cash machines!

Are they in some sort of financial difficulty? If they are, it's not my fault. I've been overpaying my mortgage since I got it! :unsure: