House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SleepyHead

Media Burying The Eric Cantona Revolution

The media, banks and the "tapeworm economy" are trying to kill it!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Uop5R7E314

How are they doing so?

I have read about it on the BBC, Guardian and many other respected and varied online sites (so they are bringing it to Joe Bloggs attention) and I would say 60% of these say it won't work / is a bad idea, 30% say it is worrying / could work and the other 10% arre a varying mix of lynch the bankers etc :D

OK, So if I withdraw it, what do I do with it ? I was burgled last week BTW, although I caught the blighter on a web cam I installed the day before as I had an inkling they were coming. They are now in the nick :lol:

OK, So if I withdraw it, what do I do with it ? I was burgled last week BTW, although I caught the blighter on a web cam I installed the day before as I had an inkling they were coming. They are now in the nick :lol:

Stick it in an empty paint can, under the hundred other paint cans in the garage.

You'd be surprised. I would imagine a hundred grand in fifties, for instance, would fit inside an average biscuit-tin-sized tupperware box. There's plenty of places to make something that size dissapear.

Now all I need to do is find a hundred grand.... :lol:

You'd be surprised. I would imagine a hundred grand in fifties, for instance, would fit inside an average biscuit-tin-sized tupperware box. There's plenty of places to make something that size dissapear.

Now all I need to do is find a hundred grand.... :lol:

I know someone who kept their 'do it for cash' payments (a tidy sum) in an ice cream container in the freezer. It got nicked with the frozen meat and veg when they were on holiday; they could not believe it !

Um.... I hate to inform you all of this. But the money you have in the bank right now has ALREADY BEEN NICKED or IS CURRENTLY BEING NICKED!

Hence Cantona et al's call for revolution!

The belief you all still have money, is purely a delusion, based on the monetary system continuing to honour your currency. The CBs are devaluing your money at a rate of between 3 and 5% right now, and that's if you believe the inflation figure. With this QE and trillions in currency swaps, they are nicking your purchasing power.

Your money has either been lent to a property speculator (and therefore blown) or its being inflated away.

Um.... I hate to inform you all of this. But the money you have in the bank right now has ALREADY BEEN NICKED or IS CURRENTLY BEING NICKED!

The belief you all still have money, is purely a delusion, based on the monetary system continuing to honour your currency. The CBs are devaluing your money at a rate of between 3 and 5% right now, and that's if you believe the inflation figure. With this QE and trillions in currency swaps, they are nicking your purchasing power.

Your money has either been lent to a property speculator (and therefore blown) or its being inflated away.

If I thought about that then I really would sleep even less well than I do.

(you are quite right BTW)

Know someone who woke up the other day to find his rear axle nicked (not his cash this time). Rural crime is rife.

You already know what to do

Great irony

But all these ideas are among the first places I would look, that is why hiding something well is so difficult. The friends who chose the ice cream container in the freezer thought they had cracked it, but obviously not.

Guest The Relaxation Suite

Great irony

But all these ideas are among the first places I would look, that is why hiding something well is so difficult. The friends who chose the ice cream container in the freezer thought they had cracked it, but obviously not.

It has to be smarter than that these days. Drill out space in a fake piece of ceiling cornice and put the money in there. Drill out a space in the legs of a chunky dining room table and stuff the money/valuables up there. Something they won't think about, won't see, or can't take with them. Set up one of those nice spy cameras-in-a-pen whenever you go out and check it on return.

It has to be smarter than that these days. Drill out space in a fake piece of ceiling cornice and put the money in there. Drill out a space in the legs of a chunky dining room table and stuff the money/valuables up there. Something they won't think about, won't see, or can't take with them. Set up one of those nice spy cameras-in-a-pen whenever you go out and check it on return.

I know someone that thought they had cracked it hiding rolls of cash under the insulation in the loft.

What he didnt know was that rats were getting into his loft from next door. There was a mound of paper bits when he eventually went to get some cash to pay for a car. He didnt have the sense to put the cash in a box or anything.

Dont forget, it isnt just robbers you need to think about but mice/rats and fire/flood :D

I had. Friend who ran a paintball site about 15 years ago when they were new. He had so much cash he had no idea what to do with it. I recommended declaring and paying tax but he buried it all in Tupperware in his large garden. All over the place dozens and dozens of them. I asked if he had a map and he assured me he didn't. I wouldn't be suprised f the new owner finds 10 grand in his Rose bed one day!

Great irony

Hiding money in the freezer is extreemly common, its one of the first place crims will look.

I know someone that thought they had cracked it hiding rolls of cash under the insulation in the loft.

What he didnt know was that rats were getting into his loft from next door. There was a mound of paper bits when he eventually went to get some cash to pay for a car. He didnt have the sense to put the cash in a box or anything.

Dont forget, it isnt just robbers you need to think about but mice/rats and fire/flood :D

Reminds me of when I took my daughter back to uni at the start of term. She had a pet rat called Dave - very tame and often let out to go free-range. After I got home she phoned to say she couldn't find the cheque I'd left her for maintenance anywhere.

I had to stop it in case it had been nicked and send another.

She found it days later when cleaning out Dave's cage. He'd found the cheque, taken it 'home' and chewed it into little bits for bedding. :P

You can hide as much money as you like on the Interweb.

Take it to a special building called a 'Bank' and through some magic they turn it into a special code and hide the money in the web place thingie. It doesn't matter if the bank burns down or gets broken into as the money is in a magical place. A bit like the train in Harry Potter.

Then when you want the money back, they de-com-webulate it back into cash for you.

You can hide as much money as you like on the Interweb.

Take it to a special building called a 'Bank' and through some magic they turn it into a special code and hide the money in the web place thingie. It doesn't matter if the bank burns down or gets broken into as the money is in a magical place. A bit like the train in Harry Potter.

Then when you want the money back, they de-com-webulate it back into cash for you.

I was seriously considering looking to add some cash to my PayPal account as I figure that is safer than some UK banks :P

I was seriously considering looking to add some cash to my PayPal account as I figure that is safer than some UK banks :P

I'm moving a grand to Zopa tomorrow as my protest, but then I thought about it: Zopa keep it in a bank account, they lend it to people and it goes into their account, and they spend it and it goes into another account. So I'm probably not going to bring the banksters to their knees...

I think you'll find there are a significant number of people on here who have worked that out already... ;)

Warning! BankRun 2010: Fascism in Disguise.

La Nouvelle Économie. (in English)

Attention! BankRun 2010: Fascisme Déguisé.

La Nouvelle Économie. (en Français).

Our Goal:

Propose as quickly as possible an economy after the inevitable financial crash has occurred. This market economy will be free of credit. It will hence strip the banks of their relevance. Registration for La Nouvelle Économie will be closed on April 18, 2011 at 0720 PM Washington Time, the night of Passover and it will be launched on 1 May 2011 at 0620 Jerusalem Time, at the end of the day of the Shoah or Holocaust.

.....this is specific...can anyone enlighten on significance ....?..... :rolleyes: