House Price Crash Forum
OLDFTB

Bbc 2 9-50 Pm Tonight

Heres the info link about the person it will be focusing on:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/watchdog/reports/home...0050322_2.shtml

(Courtesy of Motleyfool.co.uk)

Spencer promised us a property portfolio of over 1 million pounds in three months, we've been with him for eight months and we've got nothing except huge debts and massive stress."

So their motivation was greed?

I'm not sure whether to feel sorry for these people for being scammed like that, or to smack them for being greedy and gullible. Especially those two women, surely alarm bells should have been ringing a lot earlier....?

A fool and his money are soon parted; a greedy fool even sooner.

I just hope the taxpayer doesn't end up compensating people like this. Investing is all about judging risk v reward, and if you get it wrong you pay the price. End of.

I offer fools like this zero sympathy and loads of schadenfreude (which is why it will make great telly!) :P

Edited by doogie

And I bet he always told his punters that property only ever goes up!

What a difference a year makes.

A fool and their money are soon parted.

As for pity, it’s not worth a tear, I don’t know of any business which would make you a millionaire in 3 months without any risks. I think for the dream of millions, 28-50k was a small price to pay (never mind the valuable experience).

You know what really scares me about this? It's that I hope my kids don't turn out to be this stupid and gullible when they grow up. I really must do all I can to make help them avoid that. There just seem to be so many people in all walks of life who really don't seem to even think or concentrate when it comes to big life decisions but want the quick and easy root to "riches".

In Australia we've already been through this, in fact some of the scammers have been through the courts.

Try googling on Henry Kaye Property Investment.

And I think he got his 'inspiration from parasites operating in the US.

A fool and his money are soon parted; a greedy fool even sooner.

I just hope the taxpayer doesn't end up compensating people like this.  Investing is all about judging risk v reward, and if you get it wrong you pay the price.  End of.

I offer fools like this zero sympathy and loads of schadenfreude (which is why it will make great telly!) :P

A fool and his Credit Card are soon parted!!

I liked the bit where the guy was standing outside the seminar room holding a newspaper, and the newspaper headline was "Shock House Price Fall"...!!! :lol: