House Price Crash Forum
Mr Yogi

Soulless Office Building Masquerading As House...

Who exactly would want to live in a house like this?

There's a similar house that was built 3 years ago near me and it's still on the market. They just listed it for rent, as no one would buy it, even though it's a new house on a large lot in a nice village commutable to London with frontage to the Thames. (Wonder what renting is going to do for the resale value?)

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-to-rent/property-17024475.html

Just because a house has lots of right angles and open spaces does not mean it's a good design. This house is basically one big room for a living space, with all the bedrooms opening off that room. It's a horrible design for a family and it's too big for anyone without a family. What happens when a teenage kid wants to blast their music in their room? Everyone in the house has to listen to it. Or you're having a party and you burn something in the kitchen? Everyone is breathing smoke for the rest of the evening.

These are just bad, lazy (and ugly) designs.

I got a glimpse of this place yesterday from the road and looked it up.

I'm all for good contemporary design but this clearly isn't it! For one and a half mill I'd expect something a bit more comfy...

http://www.jackson-stops.co.uk/cgi-bin/properties/summary_details.pl?propID=38499

Thanks for posting that - nothing like a ghastly empty iceberg of a house to make you appreciate all your nice cosy clutter. :)

yeh I bet you prefer Barret homes.

Love contemporary houses, too much boring crap built in this country to satisfy daily mail readers....

Agreed. It's all about quality though. Some of these places masquerading as "contemporary houses" are just big Barratt houses in disguise.

This is more like it (especially if you like graveyards!)... Swains Lane, Highgate Village, London N6.

I got a glimpse of this place yesterday from the road and looked it up.

I'm all for good contemporary design but this clearly isn't it! For one and a half mill I'd expect something a bit more comfy...

http://www.jackson-s...pl?propID=38499

looks like an office conversion to me. seems this is a new trend to get rid of commercial space. complete rubbish

A bit morbid though. Would you really want to look out over this every day?

65243_1342973_IMG_03_0000_max_620x414.jpg

It might suit a trendy rich goth, if that's not a contradiction in terms. Small target market though!

To be fair Highgate cemetery is a beautiful place (the guided tours of the West Cemetery are fabulous).

But beware of the Highgate Vampire that has been seen on Swains Lane...

Who exactly would want to live in a house like this?

There's a similar house that was built 3 years ago near me and it's still on the market. They just listed it for rent, as no one would buy it, even though it's a new house on a large lot in a nice village commutable to London with frontage to the Thames. (Wonder what renting is going to do for the resale value?)

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-to-rent/property-17024475.html

Just because a house has lots of right angles and open spaces does not mean it's a good design. This house is basically one big room for a living space, with all the bedrooms opening off that room. It's a horrible design for a family and it's too big for anyone without a family. What happens when a teenage kid wants to blast their music in their room? Everyone in the house has to listen to it. Or you're having a party and you burn something in the kitchen? Everyone is breathing smoke for the rest of the evening.

These are just bad, lazy (and ugly) designs.

Looks like someone dumped a bath inside the IT department.

17958_L23869_IMG_05_0000.jpg

How often in the UK would you open those patio doors ? as useless as a one of those bbqs that people spend a fortune on

and if you did open the doors you would spend your time clearing up bird sh1t and chasing the wildlife out. Totally impractical IMO.

Initial impression is wow, until you think for just a moment

Edited by LiveinHope

Is it just me, or have Jackson's taken it down?

The link keeps giving me "property error, this property is no longer available"

Shame - I really wanted to have a nose, based on what's said in this thread :(

There will be foxes living under those gravestones, doing a bit of exhumation. Many a dodgy weirdo is drawn to those gothic horror spots.

Rather you than me....