House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
jpidding

Improtant....lets Build Our Own Database Of

....but I need your help!

Just been reading this thread..

http://www.housepricecrash.co.uk/forum/ind...showtopic=15531

Nomad posted some good Rightmove links together with what they originally went on for. Got me thinking.

What I want is for everyone reading this forum to pick one property on Rightmove that is in the area that they live (so that they can view it and give real world details of the area, neighbours etc).

Take a screendump of the Rightmove page it appears on, save it as a jpg with the address and date as the filename. Simple so far? Monitor the Rightmove page until you see a fall or a sale. Take a second jpg scrrendump with the filname format as before, but with a new date. Send the two jpgs to me at jamespiddington@hotmail.com. Please only send when you have two jpgs showing a fall (and for completeness a rise if, god forbid you find one)

I will then enter the data into an Excel sheet, update it daily and post it on this site for all to view. As and when we get enough data we can start to compile stats for each area of the UK.

Another alternative would be to use houseprices.co.uk, but this works off Land Reg sale prices.

Any suggestions for how this might be improved/implemented?

Moderator, what do you think, worthy of pinning???

James.

....but I need your help!

Just been reading this thread..

http://www.housepricecrash.co.uk/forum/ind...showtopic=15531

Nomad posted some good Rightmove links together with what they originally went on for. Got me thinking.

What I want is for everyone reading this forum to pick one property on Rightmove that is in the area that they live (so that they can view it and give real world details of the area, neighbours etc).

Take a screendump of the Rightmove page it appears on, save it as a jpg with the address and date as the filename. Simple so far? Monitor the Rightmove page until you see a fall or a sale. Take a second jpg scrrendump with the filname format as before, but with a new date. Send the two jpgs to me at jamespiddington@hotmail.com. Please only send when you have two jpgs showing a fall (and for completeness a rise if, god forbid you find one)

I will then enter the data into an Excel sheet, update it daily and post it on this site for all to view. As and when we get enough data we can start to compile stats for each area of the UK.

Another alternative would be to use houseprices.co.uk, but this works off Land Reg sale prices.

Any suggestions for how this might be improved/implemented?

Moderator, what do you think, worthy of pinning???

James.

Good Idea

If Mutley’s not around.  Does taking a screen dump mean

Alt- print/screen, open Paint. right click for paste and save as .jpg.?

For Widows 98

I don’t know if it is the same for XP

Edited by wheresmyfoxhole

Resolving the address in the standard/postoffice type format is important - house number, street, ..., postcode, simiilar to that on the LR returns for easy cross matching.

Edited by spline