House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Realistbear

Apprentice Banksters Entry Level Pay £100,000.00

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/newsbysector/banksandfinance/8180103/Junior-City-workers-to-be-paid-nearly-100k.html

Junior City workers to be paid nearly £100k
The salaries of junior City workers will touch nearly £100,000 this year, despite pressure on banks to cut pay levels.
The average salary of less senior employees at London investment banks is expected to jump by 20pc this year to £97,500, although some are likely to earn more than £160,000.
The findings come in a survey of financial sector pay rates conducted by recruitment firm Astbury Marsden, which found that higher base salaries were replacing bonuses as the main form of bankers' pay.

The Banksters now rule this country. Get used to it.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/newsbysector/banksandfinance/8180103/Junior-City-workers-to-be-paid-nearly-100k.html

The salaries of junior City workers will touch nearly £100,000 this year, despite pressure on banks to cut pay levels.
The average salary of less senior employees at London investment banks is expected to jump by 20pc this year to £97,500, although some are likely to earn more than £160,000.
The findings come in a survey of financial sector pay rates conducted by recruitment firm Astbury Marsden, which found that higher base salaries were replacing bonuses as the main form of bankers' pay.

Might be enough to get them a mortgage on a starter home :lol:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/comment/telegraph-view/8171523/Demonising-the-City-is-childish-and-destructive.html

Demonising the City is childish and destructive
Telegraph View: Now is the time for the Coalition to adopt a more mature, City-friendly tone.

The Koalishon and the rest of us need to come to terms with who our new masters really are.

Not sure about those figures and what he is classing as junior.

There's a lot of BS written about city pay - skewed massively by the people at the top.

The Koalishon and the rest of us need to come to terms with who our new masters really are.

The Koalishon has served the banksters since day 1.

As for the rest of the public - there has been too much brainwashing, and now they think that the world will end if we stopped slaving away for banksters.

http://www.telegraph...estructive.html

Demonising the City is childish and destructive
Telegraph View: Now is the time for the Coalition to adopt a more mature, City-friendly tone.

That article is pure drivel and bilge from start to finish.

Thankfully the Telegraph will disappear into obscurity behind a free market pay wall in a few weeks so only banksters will read it.

Banksters are honest and good for the economy? F*ck me :blink:

Paul Volcker was right when he said banksters reached their peak of innovation when they invented the ATM.

Edited by Red Karma

There's a lot of BS written about city pay - skewed massively by the people at the top.

I don't think it's too far off really.

You get scooped up fresh with your PhD in your hand, earn vast amounts of money at the start, then get sick of it by 30. By which time another lot have been scooped up anyway. They call it 'burnout' but I now think it's a way of keeping the vigour of the system going by getting academically bright people, but sociologically naive people to keep the system going.

That article is pure drivel and bilge from start to finish.

Thankfully the Telegraph will disappear into obscurity behind a free market pay wall in a few weeks so only banksters will read it.

Banksters are honest and good for the economy? F*ck me :blink:

they make excellent drones for target practice.

What a load of rubbish.

Entry level candidates start on quite modest pay and have to prove their worth before they ascend to even close to £100K.

The failure rate is high, the pressure and demands enormous for juicy opportunities but stories like this are fantasy cooked up by junior journalists.

They reside in darkened rooms in Brussels. ;)

Those are just servants of the real masters.

The real masters reside in the Britsh and NorthEast US countryside in large country homes and have names such as Rothschild, Rockefeller, Warburg, Oppenheimer, and similar.

Those are just servants of the real masters.

The real masters reside in the Britsh and NorthEast US countryside in large country homes and have names such as Rothschild, Rockefeller, Warburg, Oppenheimer, and similar.

That`s what they want you to believe but come the crunch they at present have more power over the proletariat than your candidates but things are about to change as they will be woo`d for them to join together to become a super super power. ;)

Clueless idiot. Just goes to show that private education in Australia isn't worth what you pay for it. Why the heck would you front run using IGMarkets, a business who is likely to take a direct hit from your actions and who has a very transparent window on transactions in the market. (I'm reading between the lines here that he placed spread bets on IG just before executing market orders for his clients. He may of course been more sophisticated.)

Didn't it cross his mind that they might investigate an account winning large sums regularly and that placing bets just before large volumes of share transactions might not be viewed as luck if it happens once or twice?

My two wishes from Santa

1 Monetary Reform (treasury to create debt free money)

2 LVT

Will I get either before I snuff it? I am 59.

Good call.

I don't think it's too far off really.

You get scooped up fresh with your PhD in your hand, earn vast amounts of money at the start, then get sick of it by 30. By which time another lot have been scooped up anyway. They call it 'burnout' but I now think it's a way of keeping the vigour of the system going by getting academically bright people, but sociologically naive people to keep the system going.

I dunno. The few banksters I know are mostly cruising into their 40s, and one in his 50s actually makes more money after "retiring" in 2007 and taking a job with the London stock exchange. His Bloomsbury apartment provides a short commute, when he's not at his Sussex pad - or the one in Manhattan, or Barbados. Perfectly decent person to chat to, happily married with good kids. Unbelievable!

These guys are not academically accomplished, but they are smart and admit they can't believe how much they're paid for what they do.

I have no idea what "sociologically naive" means. If anything, it describes those who live in a state of outrage, rather than the banksters.

...not so much BS as poor communication...junior traders fx and others can earn these high sums but many are burnt out by the time they reach thirty ..and although some go into management others are not hacked out for it.....a manager could earn a lot less than a high flying trader .....it may seem upside down but it's the high tempo versus the low tempo roles and only youngsters are capable of doing serious trader roles....then again there are senior management roles to which fewer attain and that's big bonus territory....... :rolleyes:

Edited by South Lorne

Clueless idiot. Just goes to show that private education in Australia isn't worth what you pay for it. Why the heck would you front run using IGMarkets, a business who is likely to take a direct hit from your actions and who has a very transparent window on transactions in the market. (I'm reading between the lines here that he placed spread bets on IG just before executing market orders for his clients. He may of course been more sophisticated.)

Didn't it cross his mind that they might investigate an account winning large sums regularly and that placing bets just before large volumes of share transactions might not be viewed as luck if it happens once or twice?

Er.....my cat's name is Mittens?

I know nothing of trading, but it would appear from the article that this confused young man was indeed paid $350,000 fresh from big school, which is beyond extraordinary. Also the reason why I tried to start a thread on the subject.

Agreed about private education in Australia. I encountered a few of these budding Masters Of The (rather small) Universe in Sydney, including bankers and hedgies - utterly clueless and unbearably arrogant. They seem to have gone quiet of late, though the crowing may have resumed. Irrespective of their falls from grace, they have still managed to stash away more in their 20s than most could from a lifetime of toil.

What a load of rubbish.

Entry level candidates start on quite modest pay and have to prove their worth before they ascend to even close to £100K.

The failure rate is high, the pressure and demands enormous for juicy opportunities but stories like this are fantasy cooked up by junior journalists.

you have to admit, its a tough job as QE forces up markets...even I have made a good return, and I dont even trade.

Sounds like a fair starting salary for any junior position in this country. Considering house prices, inflation, etc.

Car insurance for a junior worker will be over £3000, student debts will be over £20k, very soon to be over £50k.

The real story here is - most UK junior workers being grossly underpaid to the point where a majority of workers rely on state handouts.

Sounds like a fair starting salary for any junior position in this country. Considering house prices, inflation, etc.

Car insurance for a junior worker will be over £3000, student debts will be over £20k, very soon to be over £50k.

The real story here is - most UK junior workers being grossly underpaid to the point where a majority of workers rely on state handouts.

I have tried to make this point, but it never comes across well. City workers, for the most part, aren't overpaid. Everyone else is underpaid.

I find this explanation much better, because it shows how the city manages to generate this amount of cash - inflation. Bankers create inflation for everyone else but themselves.