Jump to content
House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
OptimusSubPrime

Making an offer on a new build house

Recommended Posts

Well I don't know what the sub zero weather is going to do for house sales but I suspect it won't be much.

I'll go 350 this week.

do you think that making an offer to a developer on a particular house (it makes sense to me at this mortgage etc) at the minute (early december) would maybe be more advantageous than waitig til springtime when there might be more willing buyers?

been building over the last few weeks to the stage of making an offer, waiting on mortgage offer coming at min to use to back up the credibility and readiness of a potential bid? have been tempeted to go way low, but want to make it realistic also to achieve a sale. im hoping that builder may just be tempted to cash in

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

do you think that making an offer to a developer on a particular house (it makes sense to me at this mortgage etc) at the minute (early december) would maybe be more advantageous than waitig til springtime when there might be more willing buyers?

been building over the last few weeks to the stage of making an offer, waiting on mortgage offer coming at min to use to back up the credibility and readiness of a potential bid? have been tempeted to go way low, but want to make it realistic also to achieve a sale. im hoping that builder may just be tempted to cash in

First of all I would only bid/buy on developments that are selling. Remember price is not the only barrier. If the houses were build/designed during the book they may be the wrong type/size and in the wrong location. these things didn't matter during the boom.

Only problem with the above theory is the sites that are selling must have all the above right and the price and therefore may not be tempted by an undercut.

A low offer on a house that is way over priced may still be a expensive mistake. Buy in strong areas and on sites where other buyers are buying.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

First of all I would only bid/buy on developments that are selling. Remember price is not the only barrier. If the houses were build/designed during the book they may be the wrong type/size and in the wrong location. these things didn't matter during the boom.

Only problem with the above theory is the sites that are selling must have all the above right and the price and therefore may not be tempted by an undercut.

A low offer on a house that is way over priced may still be a expensive mistake. Buy in strong areas and on sites where other buyers are buying.

its in quite a good area, 19 houses to be built in total. Mainly were quite large 4/5 bed semi detached houses, but of the 8 of those i think completed there are only 4 i think sold (all sold in 2009/2010). That is cos they are quite overpriced even still, but the builder doesnt seem to be too under pressure to reduce prices on them. He is now building 3 bed smaller versions of ther larger houses to finish off the remaining 7 sites by building them over 2 floors instread of 3 and renmoving the sunroom. (there are 4 of the larger ones almost finished this good wile, but they have switched to the smaller ones as more likely to sell at min).

Due to be completed by around march, and in all honesty if we were to buy the particular house we want (corner plot), then i would imagine there would be a strong possibility of a fair few of the other houses (both the large and smaller ones) remaining unsold for another year or so. From the point of living there i dont think this would particularly bother me, although could this lower the value of the houses already bought if there are a few empty unsold ones still lying about?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

its in quite a good area, 19 houses to be built in total. Mainly were quite large 4/5 bed semi detached houses, but of the 8 of those i think completed there are only 4 i think sold (all sold in 2009/2010). That is cos they are quite overpriced even still, but the builder doesnt seem to be too under pressure to reduce prices on them. He is now building 3 bed smaller versions of ther larger houses to finish off the remaining 7 sites by building them over 2 floors instread of 3 and renmoving the sunroom. (there are 4 of the larger ones almost finished this good wile, but they have switched to the smaller ones as more likely to sell at min).

Due to be completed by around march, and in all honesty if we were to buy the particular house we want (corner plot), then i would imagine there would be a strong possibility of a fair few of the other houses (both the large and smaller ones) remaining unsold for another year or so. From the point of living there i dont think this would particularly bother me, although could this lower the value of the houses already bought if there are a few empty unsold ones still lying about?

The fact that the builder has the cash and confidence to build on would encourage me. Dropping from 3 story to 2 story is a good idea and will help the sale.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • 311 Brexit, House prices and Summer 2020

    1. 1. Including the effects Brexit, where do you think average UK house prices will be relative to now in June 2020?


      • down 5% +
      • down 2.5%
      • Even
      • up 2.5%
      • up 5%



×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.