House Price Crash Forum
Democorruptcy

Housing Minister Grant Shapps Being Questioned By Mp With Vested Interests

Grant Shapps isn't my MP but as he is Housing MInister I have signed up for emails from theyworkforyou whenever he speaks.

The name Robert Syms keeps cropping up in questions to Shapps

Robert Syms MP register of interests:

Marden Holdings Ltd - family business with interests in property. Address: Bumpers Way, Bristol Road, Chippenham, Wilts SN14 6LH.

C Syms and Sons Ltd - family building business. Address: Bumpers Way, Bristol Road, Chippenham, Wilts SN14 6LH.

http://www.theyworkforyou.com/mp/robert_syms/poole

His question and Shapp's reply Dec 1st

To ask the Secretary of State for Communities and Local Government what his policy is on financial assistance to first-time homebuyers who commit a large proportion of their income in mortgage payments in order to get on to the property ladder.

The Government are committed to helping those who aspire to own their own home, through ensuring a return to economic and financial stability. The Government are seeking to achieve this through a programme of debt reduction and a commitment to abolish the structural deficit in the life of this Parliament. This will help to keep mortgage interest rates low and improve credit availability.

The coalition agreement included a commitment to promote shared ownership. While grant funding under the new investment model for affordable housing announced in the spending review will primarily target the new affordable rented product, there may be some scope for delivery of low cost home ownership as part of the contractual arrangements with providers where this is appropriate for local circumstances.

http://www.theyworkforyou.com/wrans/?id=2010-12-01a.27541.h&s=speaker%3A11917#g27541.r0

His questions and Shapp's reply Dec 2nd

(1) what discussions he has had with the Financial Services Authority on its assessment of the effect on house prices of the introduction of its mortgage market proposals; and if he will make a statement;

(2) whether he has assessed the effect on the (a) housing market and (.B.) supply of new homes of the mortgage market review proposals made by the Financial Services Authority; and if he will make a statement;

(3) whether he has discussed with the Council of Mortgage Lenders the likely effect on the housing market of the Financial Services Authority's proposals for responsible lending.

The new Government are committed to supporting aspiration to homeownership and shares the underlying objective of the Mortgage Market Review to create a stable, sustainable market for all participants. We must avoid the boom and bust that the property market has experienced in the last decade.

We want to see a regulatory framework that supports access to homeownership and new housing supply while preventing repossessions.

The Government believe the Financial Service's Authority's changes must be proportionate and avoid unnecessary prescription on the mortgage industry.

My officials have worked closely with the Financial Services Authority and the Council of Mortgage Lenders on these proposals and will continue to do so. I have discussions with Treasury Ministers on a range of issues relating to my ministerial brief.

http://www.theyworkforyou.com/wrans/?id=2010-12-02a.27538.h&c=27028#c27028

Am I reading this wrong or does Syms want Shapps to forget any mortgage restrictions so that FTBs can borrow what they like, then when they have over committed themselves be bailed out by the government i.e. us taxpayers?

edited to remove unintentional smiley

Edited by Redhat Sly

Grant Shapps isn't my MP but as he is Housing MInister I have signed up for emails from theyworkforyou whenever he speaks.

Am I reading this wrong or does Syms want Shapps to forget any mortgage restrictions so that FTBs can borrow what they like, then when they have over committed themselves be bailed out by the government i.e. us taxpayers?

Never mind Syms. Shapps has allegedly taken donations from would you believe, John Charcoal, estate agents and other VI's.

http://www.propertyweek.com/news/anti-hips-tory-funded-by-property-firms/3113864.article

How the hell he can have an open mind I have no idea.

Taking money from stakeholders in your own portfolio is corruption. See also Andrew Lansley and Care UK.

one problem - the FSA are Osborne's and Alexander's bitches

to be fair, over-regulation would be quite a dangerous thing too, so he may as well take that side, and let the fiscal people in the Treasury worry about financial stability

You are not reading this wrong.

What we are seeing here is the ACTIVE & AGRESSIVE efforts of the CML [Council of Mortgage Lenders Liars] & the Property Vested Interests to lobby MP's and all kinds of other parties - i.e Government - to maintain the status quo of the last 10-15 years -- i.e. to keep the entire Pyramid/Ponzi Scam otherwise called the "housing market" going.

How? By making sure that the Lenders do what all the Vested Interests want --- that is........ to PUMP and MASSIVELY ENCOURAGE

PREDATORY LIAR LOANS;

THE FUEL used to fraudulently pump up house "prices" for well over a decade; THE FUEL that feeds the whole HPI Phenomenon.

i.e. MASSIVE, MASSIVE FRAUD - ON A SCALE NEVER SEEN BEFORE.

Read all the links below - this will explain all you want to know.

Edited by eric pebble

The obscenely overpriced sandbanks area is in his constituency. How many FTB's do you think would want / be able to buy there if only they could get a 95% mortgage?

It appears that locally it is felt that 'MP' stands for 'missing person'. Maybe he pursues too many personal frolics to represent the interests of his constituents.

Edit to add: Marden Holdings

Nature of Business (SIC(03)):

7020 - Letting of own property

7415 - Holding companies including head offices

There you have it. Rentier abusing his position of office to look after himself and hoping it will be seen as legitimate constituency / parliamentary business.

Hope he's over-leveraged and recieves more letters from debt collectors and bailliffs than the number of hate letters he might start to recieve from HPC'ers :D

Edited by Caveat Mortgagor

Robert Syms has a safe seat in Poole (maj 5000 plus), and just prior to the last Election, didn't even bother to turn up to the only public meeting where he could be questioned. He said the letter of invitation went to the wrong address, and anyway, he had a family occasion already in his diary.

Worth a recall on his role in the Expenses Scandal

" Claimed more than £2000 worth of furniture on expenses for his designated second-home in London, but had it all delivered to his parents' address in Wiltshire'*. Just five miles from his constituency main home. For some reason he saw it as more 'convenient' to do this, as he then intended to have the bulky items moved up to London to his West Kensington flat.

*Source: The Complete Expenses Files. pub by The Telegraph

Robert Syms has a safe seat in Poole (maj 5000 plus), and just prior to the last Election, didn't even bother to turn up to the only public meeting where he could be questioned. He said the letter of invitation went to the wrong address, and anyway, he had a family occasion already in his diary.

" Claimed more than £2000 worth of furniture on expenses for his designated second-home in London, but had it all delivered to his parents' address in Wiltshire'*. Just five miles from his constituency main home. For some reason he saw it as more 'convenient' to do this, as he then intended to have the bulky items moved up to London to his West Kensington flat.

Makes you want to wretch, tbh. :angry:

To ask the Secretary of State for Communities and Local Government what his policy is on financial assistance to first-time homebuyers who commit a large proportion of their income in mortgage payments in order to get on to the property ladder.

His policy should be a campaign to stop them doing it!

You are not reading this wrong.

What we are seeing here is the ACTIVE & AGRESSIVE efforts of the CML [Council of Mortgage Lenders Liars] & the Property Vested Interests to lobby MP's and all kinds of other parties - i.e Government - to maintain the status quo of the last 10-15 years -- i.e. to keep the entire Pyramid/Ponzi Scam otherwise called the "housing market" going.

How? By making sure that the Lenders do what all the Vested Interests want --- that is........ to PUMP and MASSIVELY ENCOURAGE

PREDATORY LIAR LOANS;

THE FUEL used to fraudulently pump up house "prices" for well over a decade; THE FUEL that feeds the whole HPI Phenomenon.

i.e. MASSIVE, MASSIVE FRAUD - ON A SCALE NEVER SEEN BEFORE.

Read all the links below - this will explain all you want to know.

chill out

Schapps is probably just letting them cosy up, doubt Osborne will be influenced

...can we find out if Syms has declared his VI status...?.... :rolleyes:

Edited by South Lorne

Just a way tomake everything seem they are impartial etc... just a cover screen, most MPs have interets in property but they need to create an illusion that they are working hard and open, when infact they already have made up their mind.

Never mind Syms. Shapps has allegedly taken donations from would you believe, John Charcoal, estate agents and other VI's.

http://www.propertyweek.com/news/anti-hips-tory-funded-by-property-firms/3113864.article

How the hell he can have an open mind I have no idea.

Taking money from stakeholders in your own portfolio is corruption. See also Andrew Lansley and Care UK.

Tories. Corrupt. Sleaze. Same as it ever was.

More proof of the banana republic we live in. How on earth can an elected representative have personal interests in a business he/she is called upon to regulate?

What I find even more insane is that it is only here on HPC where such concerns are raised.

Nice Find Redhat Sly.

It would be a good idea, if all Ministers had to publish their daily diaries online, showing all of their appointments, meetings and phone calls.

Weve all seen The Housing minister in the newspapers being wined, dined and lobbied, by various Vested Interests.

[The National House-Building Council's annual lunch etc etc]

But how much time does he spend listening to organisations, representing the millions of voters priced out of housing?

I very strongly doubt that a fair equilibrium, is spread between business interests and the generations whom are priced out.

[Priced out as a direct result of Labour Government cronyism, Bank theft and crooked regulatory incompetence]

Edited by Dan1

Very good work Redhat Sly, thanks for that.

It would be great if the media would publish this. But who? Most of them are property owners! Perhaps the Indi? With students readership? I don't know. But this MP with VI ... BTW, did he declare his interests at the beginning of his question? I thought that was the required procedure in Parliament.

http://www.robertsymsmp.com/about.htm

robert.jpg

Edited by Tired of Waiting

It would be a good idea, if all Ministers had to publish their daily diaries online, showing all of their appointments, meetings and phone calls.

Weve all seen The Housing minister in the newspapers being wined, dined and lobbied, by various Vested Interests.

[The National House-Building Council's annual lunch etc etc]

But how much time does he spend listening to organisations, representing the millions of voters priced out of housing?

I very strongly doubt that a fair equilibrium, is spread between business interests and the generations whom are priced out.

[Priced out as a direct result of Labour Government cronyism, Bank theft and crooked regulatory incompetence]

The Communities and Local Government department has released a full list of ministerial responsibilities.

Housing minister Grant Shapps will also oversee local government, regeneration, and climate change and sustainable development.

So the Housing Minister, [who does not have a place in the Cabinet], is given additional responsibilities.

Surely this means he will have less time to spend on housing issues ?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Truth is, none of us really have a clue what Ministers are doing at any given moment.

Never mind the 'Nanny state' and 'Nudge' philosophies, bouncing around Parliament. [Control, by any other name]

It is the Ministers who have proven themselves to be completely unreliable and untrustworthy.

I'd like to see daily diaries published by Ministers, so WE can keep our eye on THEM.

That's the direction a truly progressive, [recompenseful], democratic, parliament should be moving in.

Edited by Dan1

Just stumbled across a Guardian profile of Grant Shapps with 20 questions:

10. "In general, politicians in Britain are honest."

Strongly agree

Agree

Neither agree nor disagree (his choice)

Disagree

Strongly disagree

LOL that says a lot for our politicians!

Perhaps he choose that option because he knows there are some bad eggs and he has to do with them regularly?

http://www.guardian.co.uk/politics/person/6173/grant-shapps

this reeks, boulger can not be allowed to be giving money to grant shapps, it must be shown and proved this money was provided on a personal, and not professional, basis. there are great letter writers on here, and this deserves their attention. maybe one for the guardian - just as it is a bit of coalition bashing to them, as i couldn't see the telegraph biting. Maybe worth sending something to channel 4 \ faisal islam.

It would be great if the media would publish this. But who? Most of them are property owners! Perhaps the Indi? With students readership? I don't know. But this MP with VI ... BTW, did he declare his interests at the beginning of his question? I thought that was the required procedure in Parliament.

http://www.robertsymsmp.com/about.htm

robert.jpg

Can anyone find a website or email address for Sym's companies? I'm just curious how you can run a business without them.

Marden Holdings Ltd - family business with interests in property. Address: Bumpers Way, Bristol Road, Chippenham, Wilts SN14 6LH.

C Syms and Sons Ltd - family building business. Address: Bumpers Way, Bristol Road, Chippenham, Wilts SN14 6LH.

Edited by juvenal

Furniture story:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/newstopics/mps-expenses/5339776/Robert-Syms-had-furniture-delivered-to-wrong-home-MPs-expenses.html

He is one of those MPs that employed family in the office. Paid his wife and ex-wife up to £30k a year story:

http://www.exacteditions.com/exact/browse/518/695/5443/3/4/0/Fiona%20Mellersh

Edited by Redhat Sly

Furniture story:

http://www.telegraph...s-expenses.html

He is one of those MPs that employed family in the office. Paid his wife and ex-wife up to £30k a year story:

http://www.exactedit...iona%20Mellersh

Maybe someone should print a list of MP's addresses, and [hope] that no-one does anything.........................OoOoO, a bit too dangerous?

If omnipotence is an eternal loop, maybe its about time the 'people' had the upper hand?

Edited by Dan1

The "Independent" ran two very similar "stories" about the CML/builders lobbying Shapps on the previous two Saturdays (haven't looked today). James Moore is the regurgitatorjournalist to blame here. I wouldn't get your hopes up for the Indie championing this.