House Price Crash Forum
Scott Sando

The Madness Of A Lost Society

All very nice, very 'Alex Jones', and then they go and ruin it with 'May God bless the republic'.

Religion in the USA is probably a bigger evil than consumerism.

I used to love America (mainly due to all the TV programs) when I was a kid now I despise it. The holier than thou, god fearing, selfish and greedy attitude that exists just under the surface. Thinking they are the global police spreading good and fighting wars for their freedom. I could go on...

Edited by Papa Serf

Lets be honest here, the UK is just as bad.

There are so many greedy, selfish and yet expectent people in this country who have little respect for the life and objects they possess, i'm sure alot of people actually look forward to there parents dying so they can fritter away the inheritance!

They're never happy with what they have, they always want MORE!

I used to love America (mainly due to all the TV programs) when I was a kid now I despise it. The holier than thou, god fearing, selfish and greedy attitude that exists just under the surface. Thinking they are the global police spreading good and fighting wars for their freedom. I could go on...

Sneering tales of ignorant, godfearing flyover states. Red-carpet crowd televised garbage. Crackpot neocon military adventurism. Wall Street financial rape and pillaging. Plenty to chew on and dislike, no doubt.

But when I visit my OH's family in the US, what I experience is a strong, peaceful, safe, genuine community of people, the likes of which I've never seen in the UK in my short lifetime. When I met the folks for the first time I got introduced to the neighbours ffs! It's why I still look forward to moving there one day. Sure, they might have a lot of c*nts, but at least they're not ALL c*nts like us Brits. I can't bear the thought of raising kids in the UK anyway.

Edited by 50sQuiff

All very nice, very 'Alex Jones', and then they go and ruin it with 'May God bless the republic'.

Is there a "control-alt-delete" reboot we can use? Or is there no soft restart option? :ph34r:

But when I visit my OH's family in the US, what I experience is a strong, peaceful, safe, genuine community of people, the likes of which I've never seen in the UK in my short lifetime. When I met the folks for the first time I got introduced to the neighbours ffs! It's why I still look forward to moving there one day. Sure, they might have a lot of c*nts, but at least they're not ALL c*nts like us Brits. I can't bear the thought of raising kids in the UK anyway.

That's my experience of the US as well - generous and civilised. The crazy stuff, like gun crime, is mostly the mark of a free society where state bureaucracy can't reach.

I get why people hate the military reach of the US, but without it things would probably be worse. And their banks? They're ours!

Sneering tales of ignorant, godfearing flyover states. Red-carpet crowd televised garbage. Crackpot neocon military adventurism. Wall Street financial rape and pillaging. Plenty to chew on and dislike, no doubt.

+1

Many people in the UK are ignorant how brilliant and peaceful life can be for many average folk in the USA.

Maybe it's because the UK media are brainwashing the nation into thinking that only those with money&fame can be truly happy, whereas things like family, community, love, faith, hope, peacefulness and friendship are so passe...

and ruin it with 'May God bless the republic'.

Luckily, the UK society is less evil by rejecting God. :P

Man alive ! Some of those people are in delight at the chaos going on around them. Mind you, as other people have noted, the Yanks I've met are pretty sound, down to earth people who are so polite and generous it makes my cynicism just melt away. Lovely people on the whole.

I suspect that there is some ulterior motive here though, because to my mind, watching that video, particularly towards the end there was a certain sense of 'We know more than you'... 'We are prepared', rather than a belief that they should help to build a better society.

I suspect that this kind of video appeals to people with a superiority complex as it seems to judge people very harshly, rather than pitifully. In some respects, it reinforces the idea that they have of the 'bankers', as the makers of the film show the same contempt towards people buying $10 toasters as those they accuse of profiting from it.

I suspect that there is some ulterior motive here though, because to my mind, watching that video, particularly towards the end there was a certain sense of 'We know more than you'... 'We are prepared', rather than a belief that they should help to build a better society

Why should we build a better society? Somebody will only tear it down again. Such societies are built around survival of the weakest.

Much like owning a decent car, I've owned 2 decent cars, and lots of bangers. You own a good car? People kick the panels in and key the car to hell. As if they can't have it neither can you.

Heinlein parodies this expertly in the moon in a harsh mistress. The Loonies win their freedom and then the loonies start to make laws which mirror those of the people they freed themselves from.

Hell WWII proved this exactly, the veterans went out to fight against a fascist totalitarian state, they then went home and set up their own fascist totalitarian states.

Peopleby and large WANT a fascist totalitarian state.

Why should we build a better society? Somebody will only tear it down again. Such societies are built around survival of the weakest.

Much like owning a decent car, I've owned 2 decent cars, and lots of bangers. You own a good car? People kick the panels in and key the car to hell. As if they can't have it neither can you.

Heinlein parodies this expertly in the moon in a harsh mistress. The Loonies win their freedom and then the loonies start to make laws which mirror those of the people they freed themselves from.

Hell WWII proved this exactly, the veterans went out to fight against a fascist totalitarian state, they then went home and set up their own fascist totalitarian states.

Well it was a minor part of my post, but I assumed people generally want things to be better.

As I said in the earlier part of my post, most Americans are really great people to be around. I've met the beer-addled veterans, the quiet-retiring pensioners and the cut-and-thrust business types. They've all, without exception proved to be an interesting type of people who have an underlying sense of generosity and spirit. I just think that you can build a better society based around that cultural core. What is so wrong with that proposal ?

If people are fed the downside of humanity and fed a mush of selfish acquisition rather than belonging to a community then firstly I feel sorrow secondly I believe people exposed to such things will gain a perception that things only get worse.

The video above is, to me, an example of such downside reinforcement propaganda.

As you mention fascism, I would agree that America is wandering into a fascist state, but isolation of oneself from community is no help in such situations. Western Russian peasants were self-reliant people until the war-machine rolled up on their doorsteps. No amount of self-reliance and individuality saved people from wanton violence perpetuated by a machine that had lost all sense of reason.

+1

Many people in the UK are ignorant how brilliant and peaceful life can be for many average folk in the USA.

Maybe it's because the UK media are brainwashing the nation into thinking that only those with money&fame can be truly happy, whereas things like family, community, love, faith, hope, peacefulness and friendship are so passe...

Pole, I have been really enjoying your posts. These past few weeks especially. Nailing it every time.

The media in the US are hard at work as well trying to destroy those communities. I haven't been back in a few years, but I always thought that the rise of the evangelicals there was in part a response to growing consumerism. The other part of the rise, IMO, is the attempt in the south to resist the homogenisation of the US. Which is again led by the media.

The first thing that is the name of the game creation and destruction, you can't have one without the other.

Many people like to be organised. However, if people desire a facist state why is the DDR still not in exsistance?

photograph-from-the-fall-of-the-berlin-wall-november-9-1989.jpg

I think you mean you despise 'Americans'.

America is gorgeous.

3428813181_cd6b30d11d.jpg

This is Montana and where you can buy a 3bed property plus a 2000 sq. ft barn and 20acres for £150,000.

See the big mountain? 5 miles the other side of them live your nearest neighbours.

15 miles further on is the nearest mall.

Luverly.

The first thing that is the name of the game creation and destruction, you can't have one without the other.

Many people like to be organised. However, if people desire a facist state why is the DDR still not in exsistance?

Just because you change the name to a less unpleasant sounding name does not mean it ceases to exist any more does it? North Korea calls itself a democracy doesn't mean it is though is it?

Say 60%+ of Germans don't want the Euro anymore..... will they get it back? Will they hell!

Just because you change the name to a less unpleasant sounding name does not mean it ceases to exist any more does it? North Korea calls itself a democracy doesn't mean it is though is it?

Say 60%+ of Germans don't want the Euro anymore..... will they get it back? Will they hell!

Of course they want the Euro.

Just not one that includes, Ireland, Spain, Portugal, Greece, Italy.... :P

Quite honestly I don't understand why the Northern European states aren't working on a separation plan so they can pull up the ladder on the PIIGS.

Maybe they are... :ph34r:

I just think that you can build a better society based around that cultural core. What is so wrong with that proposal ?

Because such a cultural core does not exist and it is merely a fascade to cover up the skeletons in the closet?

If people are fed the downside of humanity and fed a mush of selfish acquisition rather than belonging to a community then firstly I feel sorrow secondly I believe people exposed to such things will gain a perception that things only get worse. That had lost all sense of reason.

It isn't a perception that things are getting worse, it is a REALITY that things are getting worse. I mean manchester, we have little beiruit rape city gang banger town etc. Also you seem to reckon I want to be part of this rotten community where anything good you have is stolen or vandalised. For instance I no longer go on bicycle rides anymore, the racist abuse shouted at me by people of ALL ages tends to get me down.

Why would I want to be part of that?

Of course they want the Euro.

Just not one that includes, Ireland, Spain, Portugal, Greece, Italy.... :P

Quite honestly I don't understand why the Northern European states aren't working on a separation plan so they can pull up the ladder on the PIIGS.

Maybe they are... :ph34r:

a joint currency but without controls on individual state borrowing behavior. what else was going to happen. the dumb states ran up debt and the good ones saved. i cant see how any german could possibly justify losing wealth to pay the debts of a greek society that borrowed to live above its means.