House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
guitarman001

Halifax Figures?

Help me out here.... builder shares are on the UP so I'm guessing if there WAS a figure out today (for some reason I think there was?) then the reason must be the figure was 'good'.

Any update on this? I can't find the info anywhere - Halifax are usually more positive, right?

Looking at the builder's shares and wondering if they're going to rocket.

I've almost had enough - if everything starts going up again I'm just going to top myself.

Any update on this? I can't find the info anywhere - Halifax are usually more positive, right?

Looking at the builder's shares and wondering if they're going to rocket.

I've almost had enough - if everything starts going up again I'm just going to top myself.

Isn't it best to wait till you have had enough before you top yourself?

I detect a traitor in our ranks who wants to see a positive Halifax figure so he can make some money on his BDEV shares. Off with his head!

Edging closer lol..

But to the point - Halifax figures? Shouldn't they set a date for them??

They never set a date. Niether does nationwide. Youll only know Exactly when its due thr night before, It's better to keep us in suspense don't you think?

http://www.forexfactory.com/calendar.php?c=2&week=1291507200&do=displayweek&month=12&year=2010

Now estimated to be released between 9th and 11th Dec.

They will have to pitch the data just right--expect a Goldilocks number.

Wouldn't it be nice to be an ant on the floor of the boardroom where the data is decided upon. :)

They are always out the same day as the MPC meeting, as they like to believe they have a massive influence on the decision.

That'll be the 9th then.

I'm guessing up MoM, down YoY.

That'll be the 9th then.

I'm guessing up MoM, down YoY.

Halifax are always released the morning of the BoE monthly meeting. That means they will be released tomorrow morning

I'm guessing -2.1% MoM to complete the seesaw pattern. (I love it when there is a vertical row of red on the 'House Price Statisics' box!)

As long as the trend is DOWN then we shouldn't fret too much over exactly how much. Individual indices are prone to fluctuation as we know. Having said that I do feel that we are sort of at the "falling slowly" stage - somewhat less than -"1% mom crash cruise" speed, but maybe it will pick up as we head into a very harsh winter.

As long as the trend is DOWN then we shouldn't fret too much over exactly how much. Individual indices are prone to fluctuation as we know. Having said that I do feel that we are sort of at the "falling slowly" stage - somewhat less than -"1% mom crash cruise" speed, but maybe it will pick up as we head into a very harsh winter.

Let's hope so but I'll have to admit the Halifax index scares me. After such wild movements over the last two months it could be almost anywhere, It could quite easily be the biggest rise on record which we destroy all our hard earned negative sentiment from the last six months.

If it's another erratic one in either direction haliax should stop reporting monthly figures and change to quarterly.

I think it'll be a big rise. This is entirely down to the fact that I'm feeling even more grumpy and pessimistic about the gross greed, short-sightedness, and stupidity of almost everyone in this country right now. People of Britain, I hate the lot of you, and it's getting to the stage where I hope everything blows up so massively that I really, really hope you all suffer, even if it drags me down with you. At least I'll have the comfort of being able to say "Told you so."

I think it'll be a big rise. This is entirely down to the fact that I'm feeling even more grumpy and pessimistic about the gross greed, short-sightedness, and stupidity of almost everyone in this country right now. People of Britain, I hate the lot of you, and it's getting to the stage where I hope everything blows up so massively that I really, really hope you all suffer, even if it drags me down with you. At least I'll have the comfort of being able to say "Told you so."

That's a bit like being a pedestrian, knocked down at a Zebra crossing though isn't it.

That's a bit like being a pedestrian, knocked down at a Zebra crossing though isn't it.

Probably, but as long as they're also trying to pick the driver out of the lamppost I'd be satisifed in my current state of mind.