• Created
  • Last Reply
HOLA442
HOLA443
HOLA444
HOLA445
HOLA446
HOLA447

1. THANK GOODNESS .. 20bn on the Olympics is bad enough .. another 20bn on the football thing no way ..

2. Russians are much better with the brown envolope that the brits anyway .. (and I bet the bribe money was borrowed from one of our banks!)

Don't we have enough stadia to host a football tournament already?

HOLA448
HOLA449

HOUSE PRICES TO SOAR ON WORLD CUP BID WIN

I think you're missing the real angle, buyers would have been too busy attending football matches to buy a house but now they will be fully focussed on buying new build flats next to railway lines.

Anyway, by 2018 house prices probably will be soaring, coming back up from their bottom of £70k in 2017!

HOLA4410
HOLA4411

http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/02122010/58/world-cup-russia-host-2018-world-cup.html

England may have suffered from a backlash against corruption investigations into FIFA members by BBC Panorama and the Sunday Times over the last two months. These investigations were criticised both by Russian prime minister Vladimir Putin and Spain/Portugal bid president Angel Villar Llona in his presentation to fellow FIFA members on Thursday.

IMO this was a done deal. Vlad the impaler didn't bother showing up with his begging bowl like DC and Wills (and Beckers) because they had already decided.

IMO it was a humiliating sight to see our Chief Exec and future King lobbying on behalf of footy.

HOLA4412
HOLA4413

Don't we have enough stadia to host a football tournament already?

NO ! They would have build another one ! Can't do something like that without a big construction project .. the idea would be to hold it in Birmingham or somewhere which does not have the facilities .....

This is such a good outcome for the UK .. Russia will borrow the cost on the international markets (via London) 3/4 of the money will dissapear in graft/bribes the money will come back to London and Zurich in the private bank accounts of the crooks ..

Headline should be .. Corrupt organisation awards world cup to corrupt country ..

HOLA4414
HOLA4415

Map_Qatar_local.jpg

It will certainly be warm.

How many Cities does Qatar have?

Population 670,000. Someone said about the same as Bristol? Most people live in the capital Doha, and the total land mass is smaller than the Falkland Islands.

HOLA4416
HOLA4417

Lesson to be learned: Don't spend millions lobbying a corrupt organisation while whistle blowing on them! FIFA probably prefer to deal with Vlad the Impaler and the Russian Mafia as they probably tip better. :lol:

We live in a sick and corrupt world don't we?

HOLA4418
HOLA4419

I am shocked to discover that the future Prince of Wales is English... I thought he was German!?

How will Qartar cope with stuff like hotels, water, stadia, etc?

I could understand a Middle East bid with several Gulf States bidding for and getting the World Cup. That would make a lot of sense. Qartar - logistically it will be interesting to see how they build in the coming 11 years.

HOLA4420
HOLA4421
HOLA4422
HOLA4423
HOLA4424

BBC R5 says England bid was voted the worst...

Teach us to go whiste blowing. :lol:

Good old Panners, almost as good as the US team on 60 minutes.

I still think we should not have sent Wills and DC--to high level. Becks on his own would have been more than enough--maybe Krusty in tow for the female side of it.

HOLA4425

Archived