House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
scepticus

So The Ecb Deathstar Is Operational After All

santa-imperial-troopers.jpg

look folks, nobody does nominal risk any more, not even the markets.

Will the remaining deflationists-of-doom and all those still clinging to the belief that government debt is anything but money served in chunky denominations please report for immediate termination mind-wipe.

santa-imperial-troopers.jpg

look folks, nobody does nominal risk any more, not even the markets.

Will the remaining deflationists-of-doom and all those still clinging to the belief that government debt is anything but money served in chunky denominations please report for immediate termination mind-wipe.

who's that fat barstard?

these are not the storm troopers you are looking for.

Meanwhile, the ECB has been buying bonds direct today in Portugal....Doomberg right now.

OK - that's it then - crack-up boom (I never thought I'd use that phrase) commencing now.

I feel sick.

If true, incur some debts and buy some real assets, like a house. It might seem expensive now, but just a bit of a crack up boom will reduce the real debt you have to pay to laughable manageable levels.

OK - that's it then - crack-up boom (I never thought I'd use that phrase) commencing now.

I feel sick.

I don't think a crack up boom is on the cards - just a change in the way the monetary system works.

It will only look like a crack up boom to those expecting a K-winter or some kind of hyperdeflation, or to those who ever believed that long run price stability is a reasonable goal.

I think the ECB needs to buy the bonds.

It's the only way to avoid disaster.

There's no guarantee about it but it might just buy time for a civilised restructuring, deficit reduction, anti fraud/corruption action and honest numbers.

The ECB buys the bonds and the sovereign governments take the necessary remedial action.

So at least the ECB is doing the right thing.

The problem is the sovereign governments and their peoples won't, so it's all gonna collapse.

We can see this with all the bitching from Ireland and talk of the Austrians stopping their contributions to the Greek bailout because the Greeks are not delivering on their promises, probably one of the reasons the interest rate required is higher for Ireland.

So, despite the ECB doing the right thing the odds are it's all gonna collapse.

So, what is one to do?

Who knows?

Borrow some euros?

If true, incur some debts and buy some real assets, like a house. It might seem expensive now, but just a bit of a crack up boom will reduce the real debt you have to pay to laughable manageable levels.

then again we have one more alleyway to kick this can...the Global Currency Unit....available at your local MFI...sorry IMF...one was BUST and the other is going to be....

I think under a hyperstagflationary environment house prices will still crash in real terms. I've just been reading Adam Ferguson's 'When Money Dies' and even Weimar Republic stocks crashed in real terms despite soaring nominal values. The price of meat went up 10 times more. The only things to own were industrial production, resources, foreign currency and a highly-conductive yellow metal. If you didn't hold those, then being highly unionised and militant was your last chance.

Edited by 50sQuiff

I think under a hyperstagflationary environment house prices will still crash in real terms. I've just been reading Adam Ferguson's 'When Money Dies' and even Weimar Republic stocks crashed in real terms despite soaring nominal values. The price of meat went up 10 times more. The only things to own were industrial production, resources, foreign currency and a highly-conductive yellow metal. If you didn't hold those, then being highly unionised and militant was your last chance.

and land, unless that falls within the category of resources.

and land, unless that falls within the category of resources.

confiscated and taxed....as they propose in busted US states this week....see market-ticker.org.

I think the ECB needs to buy the bonds.

It's the only way to avoid disaster.

besides, it's what the market wants.

The problem is the sovereign governments and their peoples won't, so it's all gonna collapse.

they'll do what the market wants in the end, so that means the bonds will get bought so no-one loses their savings or investments.

it will also transpire that in this case what the market wants is also best for the people.

besides, it's what the market wants.

they'll do what the market wants in the end, so that means the bonds will get bought so no-one loses their savings or investments.

it will also transpire that in this case what the market wants is also best for the people.

markets are supposed to supply from what participants have to offer...clearly, no good turning up with a water barrel to sell water when there is a tap in the tent offering it for free.

markets are supposed to supply from what participants have to offer...clearly, no good turning up with a water barrel to sell water when there is a tap in the tent offering it for free.

But that's what the Times is doing with on-line news, and the Telegraph will roll out its water barrel too.