House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Scrap Silver?

My grandmother has an old tea service which she never uses so is looking to get rid while silver prices are relatively high. Can anyone recommend a decent dealer on whom to off load it? I've used Hatton Garden Metals for gold but they don't seem to take silver.

It's 1950's so nothing special or rare, she just wants to turn it into cash as she's never used it in probably 20 years.

My grandmother has an old tea service which she never uses so is looking to get rid while silver prices are relatively high. Can anyone recommend a decent dealer on whom to off load it? I've used Hatton Garden Metals for gold but they don't seem to take silver.

It's 1950's so nothing special or rare, she just wants to turn it into cash as she's never used it in probably 20 years.

I hear JP Morgan will be looking for some silver over the next couple of weeks.

Is it all hallmarked? what does the set weigh?

See what the best offer is that you can get and then give me a shout, am sure we can come to an agreement.

All Hallmarked for Sheffiled, dates from the 1950's. Weighs about 1,600 grams if memory serves. I need to check the weight though however the weather is not making getting over there easy at the moment. Will be next week, I imagine.

All Hallmarked for Sheffiled, dates from the 1950's. Weighs about 1,600 grams if memory serves. I need to check the weight though however the weather is not making getting over there easy at the moment. Will be next week, I imagine.

spot price right now is £593 per kilo so 1,600g of sterling (92.5) is theoretically worth £877 at spot.

You wont find anyone willing to pay spot for pure bullion let alone scrap sterling. It may well be far from scrap but that is all most will consider it, by weight.

You may do well with it on feebay but that has its own pitfalls and once the various fees come off (around 15%) then you often end up worse off then just selling below spot to a scrap/bullion dealer.

Let me know when you weigh it and have some offers.