House Price Crash Forum
richc

Reduced: From £3Million To £700K

Fair play to whoever owns it, they are going to carry on dropping the price until it sells... I wonder what it will finally sell at?

Fair play to whoever owns it, they are going to carry on dropping the price until it sells... I wonder what it will finally sell at?

Sweepstake! £250K

Looks like a nice place, but I can see why they don't have any carpets and why the electrical sockets are raised so far off the ground - must flood once or twice a month.

Edited by WageslaveX14

A lovely property and approaching its 'proper' value to someone with that sort of cash. I could never work out where EAs got their figures from on prestige properties at the peak of the market. Even assuming local old money, premier league footballers, merchant bankers and what have you, three million quid is an absurd figure for a converted workshop, lovely though its position is. Totally out of kilter with all but mineral oligarchs with a cream tea habit.

Knock it down another couple of hundred and I'd be very tempted myself.

Looks liek anice place, but I can see why they don't have any carpets and why the electrical sockets are raised so far off the ground - must flood once or twice a month.

What is that radiator behind the door? What's the point of that?

3451_TOS100201_IMG_06_0000.JPG

I think, if I remember correctly, the guy bought out other family members who co-owned the house, at which point the place was valued at £850k or so. He then spent an equal amount doing it up -- all of which had the effect of reducing the value by £150k!

Wonder if The Times will highlight this again as a great property investment?

Edited by RichC

Looks liek anice place, but I can see why they don't have any carpets and why the electrical sockets are raised so far off the ground - must flood once or twice a month.

My observation as well. With the tiled floor & walls you have your very own wet room for 3 months of the year.

The house set back on the hill in picture #1 is more my kind of place.

Looks like it could be because of flooding issues but new regulations give a minimum height for installation of sockets at 450mm.

http://www.ultimatehandyman.co.uk/diy_electrics_height_of_switches_sockets.htm

Its great that people are finally waking up to the fact that lower prices sell, lets face it this is never going to be cheap as it is a des res but when the fantasy homes cant sell that has to ring bells with the rest of the sheeple!

This is what you get for 700K in Broomhill Bristol :-http://www.bristolpropertygazette.co.uk/for-sale/details/aecc6f6fca7f4faa9b11926dda73da77#

Doesnt equate really !

Edited by mrmagooisagovteconomist

Looks like a nice place, but I can see why they don't have any carpets and why the electrical sockets are raised so far off the ground - must flood once or twice a month.

No building regs require new sockets to be that high.

stupid, yes.

Looks like it could be because of flooding issues but new regulations give a minimum height for installation of sockets at 450mm.

http://www.ultimatehandyman.co.uk/diy_electrics_height_of_switches_sockets.htm

One of the more annoyingly idiotic rules. When I lived in a flimsy modern flat for a couple of years it had this - so the sockets in the bedroom for the bedside light and my alarm clock stuck up slightly above the top of the bedside table (meaning it couldn't sit against the wall, there was space behind it lower down), anything else was more likely to be tripped over, and the light switches low enough down that I had to stoop slightly (OK, a little exaggeration there, but not much). Stupid. If it's all about disabled access - how were they supposed to get up the stairs to the flat?

Could well be the bank by now.

This must have been the worst case of daft, inappropriate uber-spec ever. Far more suited to a city penthouse.

The sort of people who might want an Old Devon Bakehouse surely wouldn't want it. The sort of people who would want that sort of spec in a holiday home (which is what it'll probably be) are more likely IMO to fancy blingy places like Dubai.