House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Pauly_Boy

How Much Snow Do You Have?

It's been snowing pretty much all night and yet there is only about 1-2 inches on the ground!

Just got to try and drive home from work in a few minutes, should be fun!

It's been snowing pretty much all night and yet there is only about 1-2 inches on the ground!

14" inches in surrey

10cm so far here in Cognac, France but another 10-15cm expected today/tomorrow

Some locals got slightly freaked by the excessive snow warnings here - there was actually some panic buying in the local supermarkets the other day - pathetic. :blink:

We're all right though as the local farmers get free diesel if they clear the roads with their snow ploughs.

The French just shrug and get on with it. Everyone here has to drive to work due to the absolute lack of public transport (buses) and the trains seem to be running without any problems.

Plus I've got a 7-tonne JCB parked in the garden if it gets really bad :P:P

Should be a laugh next week as I've got to come back to Blighty for a few days to visit family... :blink:

Up to my kneecaps in Sheffield.

The trip to my local supermarket yesterday was very tricky. Usually it's a 10 minute walk but just getting off the estate was a problem. The side roads are impassable and are no clearer than the pavements, so it was a case of wading through knee deep snow until I reached the main road (almost as impassable as the side roads and empty of traffic). A little way after that I reached the dual carriageway. I could safely walk on that as traffic was so light.

Once at the supermarket I could then enjoy their authentic recreation of the fall of Saigon.

Im up in NE Scotland and there has been about a foot of snow since saturday night gradually getting deeper with every new downfall. The temperatures are below zero during the day so it isnt shifting and just freezing solid.

Only a few inches, but more than yesterday. Just been out with a broom to clear a space for feeding poor little birdies. :(

S*dding lurking cat isn't helping. Great fat black thing - why isn't it indoors curled up somewhere warm? If anyone knows how to keep evil lurking cats out of the garden please let me know.

Only a few inches, but more than yesterday. Just been out with a broom to clear a space for feeding poor little birdies. :(

S*dding lurking cat isn't helping. Great fat black thing - why isn't it indoors curled up somewhere warm? If anyone knows how to keep evil lurking cats out of the garden please let me know.

A catapult :D

If you want to keep cats out of the garden you could try this. An ultrasonic cat scarer. Linky

ultrasonic_cat_deterrent_system_large.jpg

or this

A2010461114.jpg

A good 9 inches here on the Sussex Riviera.

Just seen two elderly neighbours langlaufing back from the shops.

May go and borrow their poles shortly!

Thigh-deep in North Derbyshire, and it's still coming down!

Making snow angels is now classed as a dangerous sport, likely to result in being buried alive.

Just started to snow again here - North East Coast. But of a melt last night although our steet is still just a mass of sheet ice and compacted snow.

0 inches in Oxford.

Clearly the cat didn't get that fat by being stupid.

About a centimetre. (west cambs, st neots area) 3 of the 4 last big snowfalls (Feb 09, Dec 09, Jan 10 and now) delivered not much more than a dusting here. Only Dec 09 gave much (5-6 inches).

Guess i should be pleased. Not much chaos at least.