House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
interestrateripoff

Republic Manager Giovanni Trapattoni Accepts Pay Cut

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/irish/9247018.stm

Republic of Ireland manager Giovanni Trapattoni and members of his backroom team have agreed to take a pay cut from the Football Association of Ireland.

The drop is believed to be "in excess of 5%", amounting to around 100,000 euros per year for the Italian.

Trapattoni spoke with FAI general secretary John Delaney in Milan last month and an agreement was reached.

The reduction will also apply to coaching staff Marco Tardelli, Fausto Rossi, Mick Martin and Don Givens.

In total, the saving should amount to 160,000 euros.

It is estimated that a third of that saving would accrue to businessman Denis O'Brien who currently pays half of the management team's salaries.

The FAI has never disclosed Trapattoni's salary but he is understood to be paid 1.8m euros a year under a contract which runs to the end of the European Championship qualifying campaign.

Horrendous I mean how will this man now cope earning only just above 1.5m Euro, he's going to be on the breadline with this. Trapattoni will be on the breadline, this is just awful and heartless.

I'm surprised he hasn't just quit, I mean just how are you meant to live on 1.5m Euro a year.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/irish/9247018.stm

Horrendous I mean how will this man now cope earning only just above 1.5m Euro, he's going to be on the breadline with this. Trapattoni will be on the breadline, this is just awful and heartless.

I'm surprised he hasn't just quit, I mean just how are you meant to live on 1.5m Euro a year.

This is a personal contract that he accepted. I see no reason why he should be expected to take a cut, if they didn't think that the job was worth that much they shouldn't have offered it

^ I agree. It doesn't matter what he is paid, a pay cut is a pay cut and not in his contract. Fair play to him for accepting it. Maybe he realises he won't get much elsewhere.