House Price Crash Forum
ccc

Adverts In Papers For Houses With Dubious 'monthly Payment' Examples

Have seen a lot of these recently. For developments people are clearly not that interested in. Usually goes hand in hand with some 'shared equity' or 'boost' scheme or the like. Many now seem to be showing a nice big bold number of your monthly payments to 'own' the house or apartment.

Complete with lots of very small print explainng you won't actually own it all - and have to pay that extra back in x number of years and then the interesting part....

The one I read this morning had the final ** to show what the monthly payment rate was based on.

A 25 year mortgage of 3.14% :lol:

Does such a thing exist ? And if not could this not be construed as mis-selling ?

Have seen a lot of these recently. For developments people are clearly not that interested in. Usually goes hand in hand with some 'shared equity' or 'boost' scheme or the like. Many now seem to be showing a nice big bold number of your monthly payments to 'own' the house or apartment.

Complete with lots of very small print explainng you won't actually own it all - and have to pay that extra back in x number of years and then the interesting part....

The one I read this morning had the final ** to show what the monthly payment rate was based on.

A 25 year mortgage of 3.14% :lol:

Does such a thing exist ? And if not could this not be construed as mis-selling ?

The best I can see is a 10 year fix with Coutts for 4.6%. For normal people, the best appears to Britannia/Co-op 10 year fix for 5.1%.

The best I can see is a 10 year fix with Coutts for 4.6%. For normal people, the best appears to Britannia/Co-op 10 year fix for 5.1%.

Thought as much. I suppose you can get a mortgage from scratch for 3.14 as a tracker ? Although with these offers people are going to have small deposits so I doubt it.