House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Dorkins

The Irish Crisis: Taiwanese Animation Style

These animations are on the money - I love all the cultural references they sneak in. Anyone else see the Father Ted protesters near the end?

Edited by pyracantha

What I find interesting is just how spot on the Taiwanese animators get Irish/British humour - it is quite Blackadderiss isnt it which is not something you expect from that part of Asia.

I would love to know how they animate/model it being able to churn it out so quickly. I suspect that there is some live modelling going on in there where they film human actors doing such and such before converting it to animation.

Edit:

They even have "Feck" in there. Perhaps Father Ted has a huge following in Taiwan?

Edited by The Masked Tulip

What I find interesting is just how spot on the Taiwanese animators get Irish/British humour - it is quite Blackadderiss isnt it which is not something you expect from that part of Asia.

They must have some British/Irish animators working for them.

They must have some British/Irish animators working for them.

That is what I thought.

Edit:

A lot of US animation has been created in Taiwan for years now - scripts and initial stages done in the US then the bulk of the animations done out in Taiwan so perhaps Taiwanese animators just have a very knowledge of Western humour now?

Excellent stuff.

Edited by The Masked Tulip