House Price Crash Forum

Estate Agent Not Interested In New Business

HOLA441

I booked a viewing yesterday on a repossesion (sold for £289,950 at peak, on for £189,950 (has been on for over a year now), planning on offering £155,000 as estate is swamped with houses not selling). Got a call from the estate agent cancelling the viewing as 'it is snowing and my car is not too good in the snow'. The house is literally about 2 miles from the estate agency along a man road which is clear (I drove along it this morning). As a seller I would be furious if the estate agent I have trusted to sell my house was cancelling appointments because they were worried about a bit of snow or maybe the estate agent has too much business and can afford to turn down new potential business.

I can imagine the snow will be blamed for slow sales and price falls all through this winter.

HOLA442
HOLA443

I booked a viewing yesterday on a repossesion (sold for £289,950 at peak, on for £189,950 (has been on for over a year now), planning on offering £155,000 as estate is swamped with houses not selling). Got a call from the estate agent cancelling the viewing as 'it is snowing and my car is not too good in the snow'. The house is literally about 2 miles from the estate agency along a man road which is clear (I drove along it this morning). As a seller I would be furious if the estate agent I have trusted to sell my house was cancelling appointments because they were worried about a bit of snow or maybe the estate agent has too much business and can afford to turn down new potential business.

I can imagine the snow will be blamed for slow sales and price falls all through this winter.

The EA may have some health issues, such as asthma or COPD, which do not fare too well in this cold weather. Just saying...

HOLA444
HOLA445
HOLA446

tell the agent that your offer will go down with the same speed as the nationwide HPI index, so approximately about £33 a day ...

HOLA447
HOLA448
HOLA449
HOLA4410
HOLA4411
HOLA4412
HOLA4413

I went to view 3 properties about a month ago all through the same EA....when I arrived there was a very young chap from the EA who greeted us. There was one property that I particularly wanted to see, but he had forgotten to bring the keys to that one. The next property we went to see, when we went inside we were greeted by a woman in her pants, clearly worse for wear, who didn't know what was going on, so we made a quick exit. The 3rd property the EA had bought the wrong set of keys....really glad I took a day off work for this muppet to completely waste my time. The are a very well know EA, who I would hate to have to do business with.

HOLA4414
HOLA4415

really glad I took a day off work for this muppet to completely waste my time. The are a very well know EA, who I would hate to have to do business with.

Note through the letterbox every time. The more people realise that what a waste of time EAs are the better.

HOLA4416

He doesn't want you to view it because he has a relation or friend who wants to buy it at a knock down price.

Yup.

Brown envelopes are the only way EAs eat these days.

HOLA4417
HOLA4418

Offer to pick him up.

Yeah I thought of this later but it was a woman and she would probably refuse to get in my car due to insurance or personal safety issues. Wouldnt care but drove into town this afternoon, past the house and past the office. No problems. If it was my business and my livelyhood I would have made every effort to make an appointment. I guess working for a major chain gives you less of a desire to sell.

HOLA4419
HOLA4420
HOLA4421

I would imagine an increasing number of Estate Agents are suffering from depression .... possibly this Estate Agent is a case in point?

Spoke to EA yesterday in Herefordshire about a place that's been on for 2 months (525K) but little interest. Told him I thought overpriced and he confessed that if no movement in December he would advise clients to reduce to 499k in Jan.

Complained, in my usual way, that vendors were still frantically holding their stupid prices despite the general economic melt-down . He agreed, but added that IHO too many EA's were also still living on fantasy island ,refusing to recognise that the coaster had well and truly stopped.

The majority of them are too dumb to be depressed!