House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Masked Tulip

Wicked Leaks From The Dublin Embassy Green Zone

Worth a read.

http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/opinion/2010/1201/1224284482488.html

Meeting these guys reminds me of the heady days after Operation Iraqi Freedom, when we dropped a bunch of 22-year-olds into Baghdad with a suitcase full of cash and an economics textbook, and told them to kick-start capitalism from scratch. I wonder if we could try that here? It would give a whole new meaning to the phrase ‘Green Zone’ but of course the situation is completely different. For one thing, those guys are nearly 30 now and their wives would need something more to do than talk house prices at dinner parties.

The denial here is incredible. I was flicking through the papers at the weekend and people are still expecting to sell little red-brick Charles Dickens houses for €500,000. That’s over $650,000, enough for a two-bed apartment in Manhattan. But hey, now I’m talking house prices. See what this place does to you?

You’d asked for an assessment of the current Irish leadership. Bit of a contradiction in terms there pal, but I’ll reply in the order of your list: drunk, drunk, fat and drunk, depressed, stupid, insane and Mary Coughlan. That about covers it.

:lol:

The denial here is incredible. I was flicking through the papers at the weekend and people are still expecting to sell little red-brick Charles Dickens houses for €500,000. That’s over $650,000, enough for a two-bed apartment in Manhattan. But hey, now I’m talking house prices. See what this place does to you?

:lol: