House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Guest wrongmove

Vanishing Thread

Guest wrongmove

I was just writing a supportive post about webmaster, when Whooosh, the thread disappeared

I've never met webmaster, but I can remember the old forum which ran for about a year until he set us up with this nice shiny new one. I think this forum propably makes money. Fair enough, in my opinion. It's the most lively one I have ever seen. But the old one must have actually cost webmaster money, as well as time.

So three cheers to webmaster, whoever you are !!

Surely this will just fuel "conspiracy theories".

Was it removed by an overactive moderator, or webmaster himself, I wonder?

I was just writing a supportive post about webmaster, when Whooosh, the thread disappeared

Yep I saw that too, I guess he didn't want anyone knowing the truth, is this going to be removed too.

Guest wrongmove
Yep I saw that too, I guess he didn't want anyone knowing the truth, is this going to be removed too.

Well I guess he is entitled to his privacy. I probably shouldn't have started this thread. But even if he is, or whoever, so what ? This forum is the sum of its posters, webmaster just provides the canvas (for which I am personally grateful)

Edit: name removed by wrongmove

Edited by wrongmove

Guest Bart of Darkness

You ain't see me... right? ;)

Edited by Bart of Darkness

The post was reported by a member and was subsequently removed. The poster concerned has become disruptive and appears to be intent on trying to cause trouble on this forum.

Someone has tried to do their homework on the background behind the website and they are convinced that there is something sinister behind this site. They have come up with a BMI economist who has the same name as me and are convinced that this person is me!

There's no secrets behind why this website and if anyone wants more proof then they just have to talk to many of the members on the website that have met me.

WM posted on ****** that he isn't the same guy and is in fact an FTB.

If you'd been here long enough you would know that already.

Bubble Pricker is in finance and an STR but he is open about that.

What's the problem?

The post was reported by a member and was subsequently removed. The poster concerned has become disruptive and appears to be intent on trying to cause trouble on this forum.

Oh.

I'll take this oportunity to thank you for running this website!

Guest wrongmove

Thanks for the reply webmaster. I should report my own thread, and then you can delete this one too ! (No irony or sarcasm intended).

Thanks for the site, and now back to house prices.

If you want to know who the webmaster is just enter his name into Google.

Only 27,000 hits. :lol:

I bet there is a tinker, a tailer a soldier and a spy amongst that lot as well as somebody who works for the BIS.

Sorry, but sounds exactly like the sort of thing you hear over at Channel 4. Unless the post clearly contained illegal material or hateful content it shouldn't have been removed. It doesn't do much for the credibility of the site, this isn't Soviet Russia, at least I didn't think it was.

When you take OTT actions like that it makes it look like you're paranoid and trying to hide something, I wouldn't be suprised if people now question your motives.

Sorry, but sounds exactly like the sort of thing you hear over at Channel 4. Unless the post clearly contained illegal material or hateful content it shouldn't have been removed. It doesn't do much for the credibility of the site, this isn't Soviet Russia, at least I didn't think it was.

When you take OTT actions like that it makes it look like you're paranoid and trying to hide something, I wouldn't be suprised if people now question your motives.

Its was an email declaring Webmaster was infact a lady boy who entertained tourists in Bankok with a certain ping pong ball show.

Now wouldn't that upset you if it got out.

Guest Riser

No its true, I was the one who reported it. I suggested a warning was in order after use of the C word on an earlier thread. When I saw the new thread I suggested the poster had started it because they were not happy about getting a warning. I should also make it clear I requested a warning not a ban.

I couldn't give a stuff about he webmasters motives, he is doing a good job updating the servers in response to exponential growth in membership. This forum is only as good as the members who post and there are some bl00dy good posters on here.