House Price Crash Forum
timebandit

Home Registered For 4 Young Women And Their Babies

Do you want to be at the forefront of a service that makes a positive change in young women's lives. Do you have the commitment to ensure a service that supports young women through difficult times in their lives and through the change process? If Yes!! then this business is definitely for you. The home is registered for 4 young women age 14 -18years old. The service extends to support pregnant young women, young mothers and their babies. Previously a large 6 bedroom semi detached property spanning over five floors, the property has recently been refurbished to create 4 ensuite self contained rooms upstairs. The property also has a large outbuilding at the back of the large garden that can be renovated to provide an activity or training space. The property has the potential for further development both internally and externally.
With a reported annual income in the region of £500,000 this is a profitable established business where viewing is highly recommended.

MY LINK

If I got this right each mother and baby costs the local taxpayer £125,000 per annum. Maybe packing them off to boarding school, would be more productive and cheaper option. ;)

Edited by timebandit

MY LINK

If I got this right each mother and baby costs the local taxpayer £125,000 per annum. Maybe packing them off to boarding school, would be more productive and cheaper option. ;)

If each mother has an annual income of £125,000 after tax how come they're in troub...

Is this an example of one of Gordon's hostel type set ups for single teenage mums? There was an announcement about it last year, I think.

MY LINK

This has been said by various politicians from Labour (frank field iirc) to UKIP!

This has been said by various politicians from Labour (frank field iirc) to UKIP!

Sad thing is what the politicaians fail to realize and address is that so many young girl's or woman who do not get pregnant have so few opportunitys which have been decreasing year on year that single mother hood is the best option. Even finding a man who is willing to marry her and be responsible before having children is getting harder and harder as so few young men have any chance of a decent career and earning enough to raise a familiy.

Many young people find they are trapped in the parents home untill their 30's and beyound now, the patter of tiny feet is the only way out. Low wages and high housing cost's being the main drivers in this.

Wouldn't worry about it, this sort of largesse with taxpayers money will be a thing of the past pretty soon. Financial reality will make sure that having a baby, if you can't afford one, no longer pays. There might be a hard period of adjustment, both for those that thought they were on a winning ticket, their children and those of us that have to witness increased amounts of begging and theft, but sooner or later the problem will sort itself, when the feckless realise that there's no more free homes and money to be had.

Edited by General Congreve

Wouldn't worry about it, this sort of largesse with taxpayers money will be a thing of the past pretty soon. Financial reality will make sure that having a baby, if you can't afford one, no longer pays. There might be a hard period of adjustment, both for those that thought they were on a winning ticket, their children and those of us that have to witness increased amounts of begging and theft, but sooner or later the problem will sort itself, when the feckless realise that there's no more free homes and money to be had.

A very simplistic viewpoint, what do you think they are going to do instead? Get assembly work at the local 1950's style factory at the end of the road?

I'd rather pay several billion pounds of our tax money to ensure RBS staff receive their bonuses and also ensure RBS staff receive generous redundancy arrangements at my expense. If they want to post how much of my tax money they are holding out for on Facebook they are more than welcome.

Four teen bods in a house?

Do me a favour!

Do they have a case worker each?

It's silly ..

Some silly sod in a council office sits there and decided this is the way to do it ... Money no object ...

What's wrong with dormitories and gruel??

A very simplistic viewpoint, what do you think they are going to do instead? Get assembly work at the local 1950's style factory at the end of the road?

Edited by douggggy

Shock! I was joking.

Ah, apologies, it is just so difficult on the internet to tell the difference between stupidity and faux-stupidity used as humour... I find a smiley sometimes helps. ;)

MY LINK

You just gave me an insight into something. I visit many homes through my work, and occasionally I come across a house divided shoddily into flats and populated solely by young single mothers. The properties are not advertised anywhere for rent, which I found a bit puzzling. It seemed odd all the tenants were young mothers too. I did wonder about the motives of the landlord. The flats always seem badly maintained, causing the tenants to moan to me (or anyone who will listen).

But this makes perfect sense. The landlord has made a decision to house these young mothers because it makes him a load of money courtesy of the taxpayer. Mystery solved. And he obviously doesn't give a damn about the tenants, otherwise he'd maintain the home properly. Young single mothers are fairly easy to take advantage of I imagine.(no sexual pun intended :D )

I have the sudden inexplicable urge to sit on someone's face :lol:

and sing..

actually I was looking for the Alexi Sayle bicycle factory version, but couldn`t find it!

Edited by douggggy

Work retail for the NMW or close to it. Plenty of work there... if you can stick it.

Work retail for the NMW or close to it. Plenty of work there... if you can stick it.

No wonder they end up pregnant.

Well, the simple fact is that there isn't. When my local Dunelm Mill opened, there were 1200 applications for jobs there. When Cadbury's opened a coffee shop at Bluewater, there were 2000 applications for jobs as waiting staff, over 700 from university graduates.