House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Longtermrenter

Wikileaks - Big Leak Next Year To Bring Down One Or Two Big Us Banks

Why wait.

If this is about transparency then surely it should be released now?

If this information is accurate then the people of Wikileaks can clearly short the bank in question and make a fortune.

Or are the people providing the info building up a big short position on said bank.

No offence but I can't see this information

ever being released. More likely that someone ends up dead.

With a deep sigh and a heavy heart, I agree.

What have we become ?

Or is someone going to use wikileaks to make a fortune by shorting a bank, then passing false information to wikileaks and because wikileaks is now accepted as being some kind of moral crusader - sic - that everyone will believe whatever it posts, the bank shares will plunge and the originators of the false info will make a fortune... oh, and wikileaks will lose all cred...?

Or am I just paranoid?

Why wait.

If this information is accurate then the people of Wikileaks can clearly short the bank in question and make a fortune.

Or are the people providing the info building up a big short position on said bank.

I can't wait to read the banking leaks.

Perhaps they are waiting to make their relevations more digestible and damaging, as the cable leaks. If they released everything in one go then the media would only pick up the interesting bits and lots of good information would be quickly forgotten.

I think someone/some organisation/ some nation, want to kick start a full blown chaos, who ever it is knows that they are f*ck anyway (politically/economically), if they are goin down, they will bring the whole world with them, in fact they a better chance now if they have the military/strategic advantage, they could stop this leaks if they wanted to, what is another "Classified Course of Action" if they wanted to.. but they did not they wanted this thing to get out.. screw every relationship/diplomacy... I think this is a very bad signs... Nobody is going to shoot this messenger... this is what they really want...

Why wait.

Looking at the interview it seems any delay is likely to be because of the sheer amount of information they have. If you look at the cablegate leaks coming out at the moment they are spreading things out so that people can digest and discuss the information over time. Otherwise there might be too many stories in one day I guess! He also refers to the way they are trying to check the information they have is not duplicating things already in the public domain.

I can't wait to read the banking leaks.

Perhaps they are waiting to make their relevations more digestible and damaging, as the cable leaks. If they released everything in one go then the media would only pick up the interesting bits and lots of good information would be quickly forgotten.

Sorry - pretty much repeated what you said in my last post.

No offence but I can't see this information

ever being released. More likely that someone ends up dead.

Wikileaks recently released a highly encrypted torrent on the bittorrent networks - 1.4gb. I tis called history insurance or something. I think it contains all files released so far including cablegate, maybe more?? I guess if wikileaks site goes doen or Assange is nobbled there will be strategically released passwords somewhere for the thousands of people who have this already to re-release any previusly released information or to release new information. You have to say he is one brave guy as he will likely end up either dead, in prison, on the run and even possibly with no country.

Too much going on in the approach to Christmas with all the preplanned TV programmes etc along with the extended holidays for MPs et al.

Then there's the January "sales". So sometime earlyish in the New Year after all the holidays and "festivities" for a major leak sounds right ;)

At the moment in the approach to Christmas they only seem to be releasing leaks about some peoples rudeness and about general politics - in the main.

A lot of the lesser known political people involved in the rudeness (both givers and takers) might even be pleased to get some publicity and especially TV and newspaper mention and coverage as it could raise their political profile.

Why would anyone be interested in corruption in the banks?

Look at last nights Panorama!! Overwhelming evidence that top ranking officials within FIFA even their No 2 are taking backhanders and the only thing the media and the PM can focus on this morning is the damage it has done to England's 2018 bid. In a BBC interview Cameron wouldn't even acknowledge any problems!!

I think there is a strong case here to tell FIFA to clean up there act or do one. If they refuse to do so then we should lobby for the prominent teams to boycott the FIFA competition and ask the FA to begin the work of assembling a worldwide committee with a view to running a separate competition.

Anyone with an once of intelligence knows that this sort of thing goes on. Dr Kelly for example was murdered but there are far few people willing to do something about it.

We are all too wrapped up in our problems that 99% of people just turn a blind eye to what governments are doing.

This man will either end up dead or they will find some way to discredit him.

Anyone who has read 1984 will understand what I'm saying. Governments can say anything they want about what they have done because we really can't do anything about it.

Not if he's being deliberately fed the leaks.

Well, knock me down with a feather if that is not exactly what I said to Mr DJ last night. :)

It's all a bit ... useful to the US this latest tranche of wikileaks. The gulfies are pushing the bombing of Iran, Karzai is a paranoid fruit-loop, China is getting well narked with childish North Korea ... doesn't half make the US look more human.

And, honestly, if they really were that dangerous, surely something could be done to prevent it.

I know they say a lot of the leaks are already known about, but it isn't half a clever way of reminding everyone of these things in a big bread and circuses presentation in the "arena".

Firstly he's not the only person who has the information. He's just a front man a face for a number of people who have a vested interest in forcing transparency and openess.

Information is distributed around the world with a number of key people. If he were to end up dead he would become a martyr so I cant see it happening and more information would be released which could be politically even more damaging than whats already been released.

Which is why they will do their best to discredit him, by for instance raising questions about his sexual morality...

In his position you would hold some things back to use in your own personal defence should you feel threatened. I'd be amazed if he hasn't already blackmailed some people in backing off whilst he acts as the figurehead releasing this stuff. You may recall a warrant being issued for his arrest on some made up rape charge the last time a big release was made, that disappeared pretty quickly soon after it was issued. The guy isn't dumb.

http://market-ticker.org/akcs-www?post=173589

Maybe. And look what else popped up today:

WikiLeaks founder Julian Assange isn’t some well-meaning, anti-war protestor leaking documents in hopes of ending an unpopular war. He’s waging cyberwar on the United States and the global world order.

Mr. Assange and his fellow hackers are terrorists and should be prosecuted as such.

Why now? Well gee, it wasn't Iraq, and it certainly wasn't the claim that soldiers fired on poor harmless unarmed civilians! Why that latter video turned out to display a very nice RPG across the shoulder of one of those so-called "peace-loving" civilians when examined under a somewhat-critical eye.

No, what got FauxNews all wired up was this:

If we don’t deal quickly and decisively with what is a cyberattack on America, we can expect WikiLeaks 2.0 and Pvt. Manning copycats to do this kind of thing over and over again and again. In fact, Mr. Assange has already announced plans to ‘bring down major bank’ by leaking information about its accounts and practices.

Oh I see.

And what bank might that be? Uh....

Is the target of the Wikileaks "Big Bank" exposé going to be Bank of America?

As the Huffington Post points out, Julian Assange talked about BofA last year in an interview with Computer World, claiming "he had acquired a large cache of information from Bank of America."

He specified that he has 5GB of material on the company.

Now let's think about this. What has Bank of America done that could implicate it in this regard? Oh hell, who knows.

But it is rather interesting that all these screams about prosecuting the Wikileaks folks suddenly started to gain currency and stridency when the leaks turned from the fact that Iran isn't liked by anyone (big shock) to the possible exposition of improper conduct - knowing improper conduct - by one or more of the big US Banks.

Exposing diplomatic cables is probably bad and might be criminal. Lying about why our soldiers engaged some bad guys by implications was bad too. I was ****ed, and even more-so when the truth was right there in the video they published, but they either didn't bother mentioning it or worse, had a slant on the "reporting" they were doing.

But while that raised a furor over here, now, suddenly, we have people threatening prosecution or worse, and WikiLeaks site is under high-volume cyber-attack.

What changed?

They're targeting a bank's conduct.

Should I be surprised?

Denniger goes with the Bank of America as well.

And now:

Sarah Palin: hunt WikiLeaks founder like al-Qaeda and Taliban leaders

I really don't think she quite gets it does she. He's not exactly hiding in a cave somewhere is he.

When countries as powerful as America make threats to treat the wiki leaks founder like a terrorist then I'm afraid we are totally lost.

When the truth is punished by a country that has no right to withhold the truth then how are we to trust them. How can we trust them on anything. America is a vile country and deserves all it gets.