House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Frank Hovis

Sales Of Traditional Board Games Boom

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1334064/Sales-traditional-boardgames-boom-families-prepare-austerity-Christmas.html

The after-dinner board game used to be as much a part of Christmas as turkey and all the trimmings.

And now it appears that the traditional games are making a comeback - as sales of dominoes, backgammon, chess and Jenga have more than doubled compared to this time last year.

Department store John Lewis has reported a 150 per cent increase in sales of the classics,

as shoppers look to follow in the footsteps of Kelly Brook and Demi Moore, who were both spotted playing dominoes

A good old traditional Christmas, and a Kelly Brook mention. Where is The Bolton Fury (awesome) btw?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1334064/Sales-traditional-boardgames-boom-families-prepare-austerity-Christmas.html

A good old traditional Christmas, and a Kelly Brook mention. Where is The Bolton Fury (awesome) btw?

Invite a few mates round. Cheap booze and pizza from Tescos. Get Risk/Monopoly etc and have a great night in. Much cheaper than going down the pub and much more fun.

Invite a few mates round. Cheap booze and pizza from Tescos. Get Risk/Monopoly etc and have a great night in. Much cheaper than going down the pub and much more fun.

Indeed it is.

I would say Diplomacy but nobody knows how to play it these days, and my board disappeared on my last house move. Risk is good but IMO Diplomacy has the edge.