House Price Crash Forum
The Masked Tulip

Hedge Fund Manager Mark Hart Bets On China As The Next 'enormous Credit Bubble' To Burst

Mark Hart, an American hedge fund manager who has made millions predicting the crises in US sub-prime market and European debt, has launched a fund to bet on the imminent implosion of China.
Mr Hart, who runs Corriente Advisors from Fort Worth Texas, has told potential investors in a presentation that China is in the "late stages of an enormous credit bubble".

When this bursts, the financier said he expects an "economic fall-out" that will be as "extraordinary as China's economic out-performance over the last decade".

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/newsbysector/banksandfinance/8166440/Hedge-fund-manager-Mark-Hart-bets-on-China-as-the-next-enormous-credit-bubble-to-burst.html

Imminent it is... Anyone have a pic of Yoda?

Edit:

He talks about a bubble in Chinese property prices as a result of low IRs.

" The result is that the property is out of reach for the majority of ordinary Chinese.".
Edited by The Masked Tulip

Clearly a nonsense topic as nobody could see it coming for us, and they certainly cant see it coming for them.

Clearly a nonsense topic as nobody could see it coming for us, and they certainly cant see it coming for them.

Bill Bonner of The Dailyreckoning has an interesting article this week in which he talks about how in the 1980s everyone was talking about Japan in the same way as they now talk about China.

Bill Bonner of The Dailyreckoning has an interesting article this week in which he talks about how in the 1980s everyone was talking about Japan in the same way as they now talk about China.

My sister in law ( from Beijing) sees growth going on forever...this is what she has been told.

She also refuses to beleive her Government is evil, and that things like Tianneman Square will happen when people resist.

I agree with her though that Western Governments are conniving cheats and they shouldnt, and cant be trusted by the CHinese.

The chinese love gambling.

I think the property bubble in China is massive - when it goes, stand back. I know from first hand anecdotes, they are flipping apartments there like no tommorrow.

Mark Hart IS ON TO SOMETHING. This is going to plunge the world into the greatest depression ever.

When it is going to happen, who knows. But that will send, you know what, into $5000/oz.

Edited by Money Spinner

I think the property bubble in China is massive - when it goes, stand back. I know from first hand anecdotes, they are flipping apartments there like no tommorrow.

Mark Hart IS ON TO SOMETHING. This is going to plunge the world into the greatest depression ever.

When it is going to happen, who knows. But that will send, you know what, into $5000/oz.

M2-growth-around-the-world-e1291020158262.jpg

http://ftalphaville.ft.com/blog/2010/11/29/418726/here-come-the-hot-inflows-into-china/

All of this freshly printed Chinese money has to go somewhere.

When it bursts the dollar will skyrocket and the playing field will be levelled a little. B0llocks to the Chinese-I hope the report is spot on. One guy once said to me (in Malaysia) that the only thing straight about the Chinese is their hair. After dealing with the conniving SOB's for ten years I found out he was right. The renage on everything, steal whatever is not nailed down, and have no respect for intellectual property. Karma and all that.

If China was ever going to take over the World it would have done so hundreds of years ago.

China long ago reached the limits of population growth and will spend the next 50-100 years just trying to get its citizens to 1950's western living standards IMHO.

The size of the US population and its economy, however, could easliy double in the next 50-100 years - again IMHO.

:blink:

If China was ever going to take over the World it would have done so hundreds of years ago.

Hundreds of years ago China did have a far larger share of the worlds GDP and they will again.

It don't think anyone needs to take over the world, I suspect they just want a higher living standard.

There's an amusing scene in Alan Clark's diary where he argues in a dinner with the great and the good at Highgrove that in the future we'll all be speaking Japanese. He thought he was being amazingly iconoclastic and clever, but time has shown that the decline of the UK wouldn't be so steep.

On a similar note, I do remember that German and UK economic trouble has always seemed to be counter-cyclical.