House Price Crash Forum
SarahBell

Winter Initiative Working Apparently

Further sales have been agreed over the last week as a result of this initiative. Herewith another selection of properties with discounts available ranging between 5% and 10%

This is an initiative where many of our clients are prepared to accept reductions on asking price of up to 10% for Completion before 31st January. These are genuine potential reductions and we have over 150 properties which are part of the scheme with new ones being added daily.

My local branch only has 154 properties listed

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/find/Ryder-and-Dutton/Chadderton.html?locationIdentifier=BRANCH^56983&includeSSTC=true&_includeSSTC=on

The oldham one has 500 ...

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/find/Ryder-and-Dutton/Oldham---sales.html?locationIdentifier=BRANCH^56998&includeSSTC=true&_includeSSTC=on

So a fair % of their stock is currently reduced...

Further sales have been agreed over the last week as a result of this initiative.

Can't see any 'sale' details on the website? Am I just being thick?

A few houses i've had my eye on have sold this week just gone - 3 bed detatched, no garage, sandwiched in between two larger houses, not been touched since 1930's..... Complete renovation required etc. Was on for 165k, then 155k. It sold STC and fell through two months ago for 140k so I offered 120k (Which I don't think it too far off, 30k spending on it (assuming you got people in)) and they said 140k is the lowest they'd go. I assume it sold for 140ish then... two friends of mine bought a larger house, with garage, in good nick, 6 doors down, for 180k so I think even 140 is too dear. 165k would be the asking price if done up IMHO.

A few other houses have "Sold" signs round here springing up. I presume it's people grabbing a 'bargain' before the 'spring bounce'.....

But yes, houses are certainly selling around here.