House Price Crash Forum
copydude

It's Official. Ireland Bailed!

Latey, Breaky News . . .

Irish Republic 85bn euro bail-out agreed

LINK BBC

After much deliberation and speculation, the EU decided to bail out investors to Ireland with a swingeing gift that Irish taxpayers didn't want and can never hope to repay.

The EU has approved a 113 billion debt the Irish didn't want as a punishment for having a budget surplus a couple of years ago.

Ireland breathed a sigh of relief as the conditions from Brussels became clear:

1. Any man or boy of working age must leave Ireland by 2011

2. Soup kitchens can only serve mustard soup following the potato famine recipe

3. Interest rates for Ireland will be even higher than for those Greek B^&rds

4. In a tribute to European democracy, the contract for new Irish Coffin Ships will be awarded to the Gdansk shipyard

Win Win!

They were always cannon fodder for the EU after being told they voted the wrong way and had tovote again until they got it right. Were they humilated then, aparrently not.

So now the real lesson in power has been delivered, "We now run your economy" say the Euro elite and the Irish say thanks!

A once proud people beaten down by EU nobodies. Very, Very, Sad.

They were always cannon fodder for the EU after being told they voted the wrong way and had tovote again until they got it right. Were they humilated then, aparrently not.

So now the real lesson in power has been delivered, "We now run your economy" say the Euro elite and the Irish say thanks!

A once proud people beaten down by EU nobodies. Very, Very, Sad.

All that's happened is some suits have come on telly and said how it's gonna be.

I think we may find the Irish people beg to differ in the most strenuous terms possible, if neccessary.

It's not over yet.

All that's happened is some suits have come on telly and said how it's gonna be.

I think we may find the Irish people beg to differ in the most strenuous terms possible, if neccessary.

It's not over yet.

So what can the Irish people do to change it?

Nothing is my opinion.

Nothing is my opinion.

B*llocks

Read some Irish history

They have a habbit of saying no to externally imposed "solutions"

There will be blood if this is forced through.

Edited by tallguy

A report from Irish state broadcaster on Saturday suggested the rate would be set at 6.7%, and the BBC's business editor Robert Peston said that Germany had been pushing for a higher interest rate of about 7% so that any rescue loans would not look like cheap money.

Cheap money? No they are so getting a bargain :lol::lol::lol::lol:

But Mr Cowen said the loans were necessary.

"These loans will provide money that we had already planned to borrow on the international markets. That funding will now be available to Ireland at a cheaper interest rate than if we'd borrowed on those markets," he said

Link please :lol::lol:

Why not borrow twice as much and be twice as wealthy and safe :lol::lol:

Edited by billybong

B*llocks

Read some Irish history

They have a habbit of saying no to externally imposed "solutions"

First off why dio you assume I do not know my Irish history?

Give us your logic as to why there will be blood. It seems to me that the Irish are now the meek people and accept anything the Euro elites impose. As proved by being told to vote again because they voted wrong the first time. The Irish are now just benefit junkies.

B*llocks

It is difficult to see an Irish politician who could 'force through' anything so unpopular.

This is where the whole EU / EURO thing breaks down. Right or wrong monetarily, it's perceived as foreign intervention. Which of course, it is.

Thanks very much for the link but I think you misunderstood. Where's the link that they planned to borrow it anyway.

Oh! :huh:

Well they had to borrow since they generate deficits and as such are slaves to the bankers. Whether they would have succeeded or not which I think is what you refer to is something else altogether. No link from me on this one. :)

And they will, in droves, if there is an attempt to push this through without the will of the people behind it.

Where this will get really interesting is in terms of what TPTB will do to try and block a Sinn-Fein victory (or coalition victory) riding on a ticket of non-acceptance of the "deal" with the EU/IMF. My guess is that the democratic gloves will come off if deemed necessary and the pretence of adhering to the democratic will of the people will be over.

At which point all hell breaks loose. Not only in Ireland, but elsewhere in Europe.

Edited by tallguy

And they will, in droves, if there is an attempt to push this through without the will of the people behind it.

Where this will get really interesting is in terms of what TPTB will do to try and block a Sinn-Fein victory (or coalition victory) riding on a ticket of non-acceptance of the "deal" with the EU/IMF. My guess is that the democratic gloves will come off if deemed necessary and the pretence of adhering to the democratic will of the people will be over.

At which point all hell breaks loose. Not only in Ireland, but elsewhere in Europe.

The guy from UKIP is in danger of looking like a visionary right now- it's clear that the Euro elite are primarily about preserving their power base at any cost- the spectacle of a combined IMF/ EU takedown of Irish Democracy is sickening to behold.

It's Official. Ireland Senior Bank Bondholders Bailed!

Just corrected that for you

This is all about preventing a meltdown of European capital markets tomorrow

The Irish are just being asked to pay the bill . Amazingly 17 Billion of the bailout is actually coming from Irelands current reserves of 20 billion ( 10 billion of which may be coming from the state Pension Fund and 7 Billion from other reserves including current loans). The Irish people are effectively being asked to hand over their Pension savings and pay interest again on money they have already borrowed. Why they have not torched the Irish Parliament and strung up the politicians responsible is beyond me. Perhaps they have become too deluded by the idea of being Europeans to recognise the con. I can not imagine it being accepted if it was Britain alone dictating the terms

Anyway next stop Portugal then Spain,

If to my back of the fag packet calculation of hidden bank losses on simple retail mortgage lending in Spain are correct then it is where this madness is going to stop since neither the EU or the IMF are going to have the reserves to deal with it. The markets know that fact so I don't expect the Irish bail out will achieve anything but add more unnecessary suffering to the Irish people (ie they are going to be poor and still burdened with massive debt rather than simply poor which is what would have happened if they had defaulted)

Nb - I am still amazed to see that there are still people out there defending this charade or who imagine that endless austerity for the poor and bailouts for the wealthy is the solution. The slave mentality in the wider population runs very, very deep. The only point to note is that for historical reasons Ireland is a very poor choice to run such an exercise since in a different form they have been down the road of having all their wealth siphoned of by foreigners before.

The choice is clear. You can either be poor and free or poor and slaves. It is just depressing that so many tools out there clearly want to be slaves

Edited by realcrookswearsuits

(redux of whole post)

It's Official. Ireland Senior Bank Bondholders Bailed!

. . .This is all about preventing a meltdown of European capital markets tomorrow

. . . Anyway next stop Portugal then Spain,

. . . I am still amazed to see that there are still people out there defending this charade or who imagine that endless austerity for the poor and bailouts for the wealthy is the solution . . .

A quick flip of the news suggests that, thankfully, there aren't too many people out there defending the charade.

In fact, it is indefensible, even in mild-mannered language.

IRA recruiting stations must be having a pre-Christmas rush.

Nothing is my opinion.

They could get rid of the gov't for a start. Stop or give back the loan somehow. Default on the bankers' debts. Reverse the bailouts. Come out of the Euro and the EU. I don't know to be honest. It's no good as it is, imo. :blink::(:( Edited by Giordano Bruno