House Price Crash Forum
D179

The Sky Is Falling?

So, it's bloody cold, the economy is stalling, the eurozone is in crises, and it looks as if the biggest worldwide diplomatic crises is kicking off. So what now, personally I think houseprices are the least of our worries. On a brighter note Wagner is out of x factor so I won't have to hear the great unwashed bleating on about him.

So, it's bloody cold, the economy is stalling, the eurozone is in crises, and it looks as if the biggest worldwide diplomatic crises is kicking off. So what now, personally I think houseprices are the least of our worries. On a brighter note Wagner is out of x factor so I won't have to hear the great unwashed bleating on about him.

Never mind, Christmas is coming.

Yep, it's all getting pretty scary, and I have no idea what to do money-wise.

In other news, listening to this just cheered me up:

I can only speak for myself, but my money's out of the banks for the short to medium term till things look more settled

Yep, it's all getting pretty scary, and I have no idea what to do money-wise.

In other news, listening to this just cheered me up:

Soon, the answer to your conundrum will be "dont bother working, dont pay your debts".

I plan to work less and less. Im 44 and have always bothered. We are being swamped by moral hazzard.

I firmly believe we are half way to a worldwide debt jubilee.

At which point i start cracking skulls.

Seriously.

Edited by shindigger

The Aussies are talking about going to war under the ANZUS treaty if Korea erupts.

What will Chav's do without their LG flatscreens?

The Aussies are talking about going to war under the ANZUS treaty if Korea erupts.

Really? They are keeing it bloody quiet over here.......

Really? They are keeing it bloody quiet over here.......

Some guy - Rudd I think his name is is talking about it according to some news reports on google news. Isn't he some kind of park keeper or lifeguard over there in Oz?

http://www.smh.com.au/world/australian-help-might-be-required-in-a-war-says-rudd-20101128-18cco.html

Edited by The Masked Tulip

hmm some of it might be a smokescreen, and my guess is to overshadow economies SHTF...

Interesting comment on the Grundian's comment board:

Why is the Guardian writing "a member of the British royal family"? Why aren't you telling the whole story? The same with "Embassy cable reveals Labour minister was 'a hound dog with women'". WikiLeaks gave you all the cables. All you have to is publish the info and make sure no source is endangered by that publication

Hound dog?

http://www.guardian.co.uk/media/2010/nov/28/wikileaks-labour-minister-hound-dog

One cable reveals how the London embassy passed on intelligence about a British Labour minister, apparently picked up from civil servant contacts, saying he "reportedly remains a bit of a hound dog where women are concerned".

The minister, whose name the Guardian is withholding, was "forced to apologize …to a female…who accused him of sexual harassment…. and has had marital troubles in the last few years".

The confidential dispatch continued: "Contacts who know him well report he has manic depressive tendencies – 'he's very up one minute, very down the next', and at least one…colleague has described xxx as a "'bully'"

The head of the office of intelligence operations cabled back gratefully, saying: "Washington analysts appreciate the excellent background and biographic reporting." They found "particularly insightful and timely" the material about the minister's "bullying, possible depression and scandals, as well as comments on the state of his marriage" .

The cable continued: "We would greatly appreciate additional information, especially regarding how xxx works with [other ministers and officials], assessments of xxx' performance in office, and information on his political goals."

Some guy - Rudd I think his name is is talking about it according to some news reports on google news. Isn't he some kind of park keeper or lifeguard over there in Oz?

http://www.smh.com.au/world/australian-help-might-be-required-in-a-war-says-rudd-20101128-18cco.html

Hmmm. Interesting. He has been spouting off all over the shop but that is the first time I have seen him specifically mention war.

I stand corrected though.

Do you really see china standing by N Korea or rather the leaders?

no expert, but N Korea looks ripe for regime change, how easy would it be for South Korea to march in there when the population is this weak?:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/newsvideo/8113817/Inside-North-Korea-exclusive-footage.html

Thing is, Seoul is 50km from the NK border. NK have hundreds of thousands, or it may be millions, of well dug in artillery pieces pointing at Seoul. They can flatten Seoul if they so desire. And the SK cannot really take out the NK artillery as they are all well dug in to bunkers/caves etc.

Soon, the answer to your conundrum will be "dont bother working, dont pay your debts".

I plan to work less and less. Im 44 and have always bothered. We are being swamped by moral hazzard.

I firmly believe we are half way to a worldwide debt jubilee.

At which point i start cracking skulls.

Seriously.

It feels like there is rising anger which might prove difficult for TPTB to contain. I believe this is why we have seen deliberate kettling of protests to force things to kick off, just so warnings can be made. It's like the authorities are saying "don't even think of fecking with us - look at what we will do to you".

I was speaking with a someone recently (ex-army, then police, now runs a security company) who said he could see the financial crisis causing social unrest and widespread criminal acts.

As someone once said, our society is only three meals from anarchy. I think it might take a little longer but when people have been encouraged to load up with debt, then you take a family's livelihood away, provide no alternative work etc and combine that with poor governmental level thinking then you really do have a recipe for things to go badly wrong.

Whether we get a HPC or debt cancellation there will be a lot of very unhappy people. Looks more and more like the TFHatters might be right.

North Korea, a 3rd World country, and western states threaten to send their boys to extinguish it.

Pathetic.

Hang on, what exactly is the Australian army going to do against an army the size of North Korea?!