House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Fawkandles

Call Of Duty - Black Ops

I agree with you for the most part, however i think the multi-player is BETTER then the previous instalment as it offers more a balenced experience in my opinion, however i have a passionate hatred for the RC-XD car :angry: (P.S. my record for zombies is 19 but that may not have been due to me, more the people i was playing with...)

I read the user reviews tha began appearing within 24 hours of its release and the vast majority, from what I can, see, state it is a pretty lousey game.

Lots of lag, aim being out, poor maps, naff graphics seem to be just some of the issues raised. I have never seen such a gulf between the official mag reviews and user reviews.

Shame really but have decided to give it a miss. Not interested in nonsense with those dogs - will never buy another game that has dogs in it from Treyach - and having high tech such as radio controlled cars in the 1960s, etc, which simply did not exist.

I hear they had to remove some atom bomb nuke as a weapon as it was wrecking some games.

I like WW2 games and I like alien games but I am ain't happy about games that try to recreate, for entertainment, what is going on now.

I read the user reviews tha began appearing within 24 hours of its release and the vast majority, from what I can, see, state it is a pretty lousey game.

Lots of lag, aim being out, poor maps, naff graphics seem to be just some of the issues raised. I have never seen such a gulf between the official mag reviews and user reviews.

It is good, don't get me wrong, but no better than the previous. The zombie mode is worth the money on its own :)

The multiplayer is more balanced, but also more cramped. The levels are small and claustrophobic - so you get shot in the back constantly.

... it is a "marmite" sort if game however i personally am in love with it, the story line was the best i have seen in a call of duty (very similar to fight club) and the multiplayer seems to have been "fixed", the dogs don't really bother me as it is an 11 killstreak, which in Black Ops is hard to obtain (considering killstreaks don't add to your killcount).

Hi. Got this game and enjoying it, but think the multiplayer is not as good as the previous one. Loving zombie mode though! (round 17 is our record)

I got the game very recently, so maybe there have been a number of bug fixes since it was first released.

I would rate the single player game as 7 out of 10. Quite enjoyable but not much replay value. Some silly AI at times, and the maps are quite linear, there is a path to follow, and exploring is not really tolerated.

Single player game is quite short, even for me.

Multiplayer is fantastic though - (being contrary again). I experienced none of the problems described but as I said, maybe recent bug fixes. Also I am a casual player, not a teenager on half term, so I'm content to stroll around having fun rather than cry into my Rice Crispies if my K/D ratio falls below 1.

Multi player maps are nice, complex, fresh and balanced.

Still prefer MW.

Whenever I play multiplayer I think of the cool big levels on MW like Trainwreck or the house in the woods. Was awesome. Now its just a fragfest in cramped slum.

Feel free to add me and get slaughtered ;) name is 'Sheriff'.

Shame really but have decided to give it a miss. Not interested in nonsense with those dogs - will never buy another game that has dogs in it from Treyach - and having high tech such as radio controlled cars in the 1960s, etc, which simply did not exist.

Always worth a quick wiki before you post things like that... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Radio-controlled_car#History

However, I totally agree about the dogs/airstrikes crap. It totally pissed on the gameplay in WaW and Modern warfare. Won't be buying it primarily because I did buy WaW by the same guys, and while entertaining in the short term it had too many game play issues to have decent longevity.

I've never played games before to any great extent, believe it or not. I tried them briefly and found them boring. Repetitive sounds, and poor graphics. However, I bought Call Of Duty4 Modern Warfare yesterday and I'm blown away by it. Must have played it straight for 8 hours :lol: I got a couple of more recently made games too, but they pale in comparison.

I assume Call Of Duty is way ahead of the rest? Are there a lot of different versions? A WW2 version would be incredible. I wouldn't touch Black Ops now because I don't spend real money on new release entertainment. Overpriced ;)

I've never played games before to any great extent, believe it or not. I tried them briefly and found them boring. Repetitive sounds, and poor graphics. However, I bought Call Of Duty4 Modern Warfare yesterday and I'm blown away by it. Must have played it straight for 8 hours :lol: I got a couple of more recently made games too, but they pale in comparison.

I assume Call Of Duty is way ahead of the rest? Are there a lot of different versions? A WW2 version would be incredible. I wouldn't touch Black Ops now because I don't spend real money on new release entertainment. Overpriced ;)

You sadly missed he original COD and is excellent first service pack call United Offensive - when was that, about 10 years ago now I guess.

It was truly brilliant - so sad that many of the excellent features never carried forward into newer versions of COD. The bunker buster game was superb - one of the best online games ever - with some incredible maps which had the balance right between tanks, being able to find places to snipe and also being able to get up close and go total on the opposition.

The graphics are excellent too. It may be because I have got a big new monitor now, but the in-game graphics are shockingly good imho. The gun graphics are a bit 'waxy' though, but not a big deal.

black-ops-zombies.jpg

got it on the ps3, way too linear & piss-poor nextgen graphics. zombie's looks like it has some mileage in it, not ventured online yet. Campaign-wise it is like Modern Warfare on steroids, that's not a good thing, striking a balance between tactical kills and frenzied action, with the occasional jaw-dropping setpiece is everything with a fps. 6/10 at best

got it on the ps3, way too linear & piss-poor nextgen graphics. zombie's looks like it has some mileage in it, not ventured online yet. Campaign-wise it is like Modern Warfare on steroids, that's not a good thing, striking a balance between tactical kills and frenzied action, with the occasional jaw-dropping setpiece is everything with a fps. 6/10 at best

I think this is the worse one of the series so far. Poor graphics, poor fps, don't like the multiplayer as much or the single player. It's changed from something of relative realism to a kiddie arcade shoot um up.

Don't like the zombies either the map is way to big and the wired dogs and crawly things are annoying.

MW2 was tr best one IMO. Might eBay my black ops before Christmas.

It's changed from something of relative realism to a kiddie arcade shoot um up.

They have turned it from an intelligent shooter to a kiddie mass market game over time. Games are being dumbed down like movies to sell as many as possible to kids.

Might eBay my black ops before Christmas.

Join the eBay queue.

Being a hardcore gamer since the master system days, I can honestly say I find a lot of Xbox games dull - poor story, lack of inspiring music, tedious gameplay! Never understood the preference of great graphics over fun and gameplay. My brother has an Xbox - we had a Wii and I'm due a new one soon, and Goldeneye is what I'll be getting. The game was superb - as good for consoles as Unreal Tournament was for the PC. Nintendo are still top for fun gaming IMO.

Online gaming is ok but I find it gets pretty boring - much prefer getting mates round but that often doesn't work out.

I played the previous installment of CoD - the high-tech one? Can't remember the name. Found the maps to be perhaps too large and the gameplay there not very fun. Sorry!

I've never played games before to any great extent, believe it or not. I tried them briefly and found them boring. Repetitive sounds, and poor graphics. However, I bought Call Of Duty4 Modern Warfare yesterday and I'm blown away by it. Must have played it straight for 8 hours :lol:

I would love to play these games.. but I'm bad enough just with HPC.

I'm sure if I got into all this WoW or CoD stuff I'd never be seen again :unsure:

I'm sure if I got into all this WoW or CoD stuff I'd never be seen again :unsure:

My favourite acronym is CODBLOPS :lol:

I just got to round 19 on zombies. The dogs are annoying but if it goes t*ts up just run with a mobile weapon. Slow doggies :)

I can't stand the multiplayer on Black Ops and will be trading it in once I make some headway into the 360 achievements. Going from a one burst kill with the M16 or FAMAS in MW2 to at least 3 bursts is just too much of a drop off. Seriously, the guns are like water pistols.

The maps are prime for campers with no open maps what so ever.

Snipers are useless and you don't even have the option of a shotgun as a secondary so even if you are getting mullered you could always go on a SPAS-12 rampage and get some kills.

Its a shame because it could have been so much better. I like that they got rid of stopping power as a perk but seriously now the guns are just useless. I'll be playing MW2 for a very long time I think and work on my next 50,000 kills and improve my 1.7 KD ratio :)

^ agree with the post above. Sniping is pointless. Never seeing anyone bother trying. I like that shotguns are a viable main weapon though.

My main peave with multiplayer is the difficulty of getting the perk upgrades, especially the ghost one. You need to kill a sentry gun, which is the most frustrating thing ever. I think I have only ever seen 2 since I started playing.

I'm still playing Call Of Duty4 Modern Warfare. It's very addictive. There's an epilogue segment at the end, involving the SAS taking a plane full of terrorists. Great entertainment.

I also bought Call Of Duty Modern Warfare 2 second hand. But I can't install the darn thing because the previous user has registered the game online with the key. What do you do in this situation? It basically means the company has prevented any resale of the game. Annoying :angry: