House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
prosto_zabrevi

Transfer Window Mortgages

The grapevine tells me that a certain lender is canvassing market opinion for a type of mortgage that would allow the borrower to switch annually between fixed rates and tracker rates without fees or penalties. I haven't heard of this type of mortgage before. Has anyone?

The grapevine tells me that a certain lender is canvassing market opinion for a type of mortgage that would allow the borrower to switch annually between fixed rates and tracker rates without fees or penalties. I haven't heard of this type of mortgage before. Has anyone?

The lender would not be Santander would it

Isn't this called a 'drop lock' mortgage? Or something similar anyway.

The problem is if you take a tracker now and rates move against you then the fixed deal won't be very attractive anymore.

It was mentioned to me by the missus...one of the market research questions was "How would you feel about the 'product' if it was offered by Northern Rock?"

I am not looking for a mortgage right now...I just wondered about this type as I had not heard of it before and I was worried that our nationalised lender might be trying to tempt more people back into buying with a new type of mortgage. I shall google 'drop lock mortgages'