House Price Crash Forum
JimDiGritz

I've Just Placed £10 On Mpc Raising Rates To 0.75%

I've got a feeling in my waters that a token rate rise is on the cards.

If Tucker listens to Sentance I think that there is a chance the rest of the MPC (well excluding the usual suspects) might agree to a small 250pip increase in the base rate to send a message to the markets that we are handling our business whilst Ireland and the PIIGS collapse.

On the other hand I fully expect never to see that tenner again.

Anyone else taking a punt on the MPC decision?

Although I think it unlikely, I would punt a tenner on it at 40-1, who is the bet with?

It would be interesting to follow the odds being offered on this over time as bookies are probably ahead of the curve, their success depends on it.

Your best bet of getting a return is to email your own thieving MP and say to him "Did you know you can get 40/1 with the bookies on a 0.25% interest rate rise?". Those whores will do anything for money and 40/1 could tempt them to give the "independent" Bank of Theft from Savers in England an order to raise rates after they get their bets on. It wouldn't surprise me if they reply to your email asking is a 0.5% rise a higher price, as their greed knows no limits.

Does the rise have to be at their next meeting or do you have longer than that?

I'll put a tenner on them going up some time in the next 3 years.

Er, is the OP a thick as piece of sponge?

We have deflation, if you hadn't realised.

if you don't believe me, then speak to Mervyn King.

Do not think that you know more than people who know more than you.

Well, sooner or later we will get a "surprise rate rise" and I would place a standing order of £10 at fixed odds of 40/1 every month for a term of two years.

Bit rude... That is why he got odds of 40-1... Its a gamble, a long shot and far from being thick he has posted his efforts/reasons on this relevant forum for opinion. I suppose rude is an opinion :lol:

Good luck to the op. Hope it comes in for you. Doubt it personally but I did once win on a horse at 66-1.

He is.

Should have ordered 40 pizzas before the Dominos of Europe collapse.

Bit rude... That is why he got odds of 40-1... Its a gamble, a long shot and far from being thick he has posted his efforts/reasons on this relevant forum for opinion. I suppose rude is an opinion :lol:

Good luck to the op. Hope it comes in for you. Doubt it personally but I did once win on a horse at 66-1.

In fairness to davedavies, he is a new member and it does sometimes take a while a while to find the wavelength of a new forum, I have made this mistake on other forums myself... probably here too :blink:

I spend £1 a week on the National Lottery. I understand the mathematics. The odds are millions to one against. But the benefits of winning £5 million would far outweigh the disappointment of losing £1. So it is a "good bet".

Well, sooner or later we will get a "surprise rate rise" and I would place a standing order of £10 at fixed odds of 40/1 every month for a term of two years.

Uh huh. I know nothing about economics and everything about gambling. Could you point me in the direction of a bookmaker who will offer 40/1 for this bet for each of the next 24 months please.

Over at Betfair there's £2 available at 29/1 on rates being .75% or higher after the December MPC meeting.

Should you think they're going to cut, then £4 is available at 54/1

A hold? 1/55 :-(

Why don't you take any money floating on the exchanges , they want to bet on a December MPC IR rise and you have nothing to lose. Free money.

Uh huh. I know nothing about economics and everything about gambling. Could you point me in the direction of a bookmaker who will offer 40/1 for this bet for each of the next 24 months please.

Increasing the bet would match any odds I think.

Edited by northwestsmith2

No, I have no idea, that's what I asked myself earlier in the thread.

Over at Betfair there's £2 available at 29/1 on rates being .75% or higher after the December MPC meeting.

Should you think they're going to cut, then £4 is available at 54/1

A hold? 1/55 :-(

I just took whoever it was who wanted the £1500 at 1.03 for 0.50%

I guess someone has a book and is greening out, but still who would ask £1500 at 1.03 for 0.50% in dec.

That's a better rate than you can get leaving it in a deposit account.

They take 5% of your winnings, so a net 1.9% return for tying your money up for a month (At a guess, no idea when the next MPC meeting is)

Of course, with a deposit account, you don't lose your money if they raise or cut rates.......

I just took whoever it was who wanted the £1500 at 1.03 for 0.50%

I guess someone has a book and is greening out, but still who would ask £1500 at 1.03 for 0.50% in dec.

You answered your own question. Someone who backed it at 1.04 or better...

In fairness to davedavies, he is a new member and it does sometimes take a while a while to find the wavelength of a new forum, I have made this mistake on other forums myself... probably here too :blink:

Good call Harry.

However, when I walk in a pub for the first time I tend to give it a while before insulting the locals.

Well at least an hour unless i'm on the Stella. :lol:

Your best bet of getting a return is to email your own thieving MP and say to him "Did you know you can get 40/1 with the bookies on a 0.25% interest rate rise?". Those whores will do anything for money and 40/1 could tempt them to give the "independent" Bank of Theft from Savers in England an order to raise rates after they get their bets on. It wouldn't surprise me if they reply to your email asking is a 0.5% rise a higher price, as their greed knows no limits.

I'd email it to Mystic Merv, he could then cash in the BoE pension fund and make a killing. In fact email to everyone on the MPC.